We play the golden chart hits that everybody knows - so we fill dance floors .
Our website is easily found by searching for Tangerine Scene where you will find more videos as well as biographies of our individual careers.
We pride ourselves on replicating songs exactly like original recordings . . . songs like Gimme Some Lovin, Stuck in the Middle with You, Spirit in the Sky, Itchycoo Park, Starman, Alright Now, Son of aPreacher Man, All the Young Dudes, Come up and See Me / Make Me Smile, Get in On, Twist and Shout, Can’t Buy Me Love, A Whiter Shade of Pale, Time is Tight, and many many more to transport your guests back to those halcyon days as they dance the night away.
We have our own PA and lighting (PAT tested).
We will will tailor our performance to your budget, times and exactly how you need your event to run.
• Highly experienced players - excellent ex pro musicians from the 70s
• Outstanding young girl singer,
• Our material is familiar to all –...
Alec Burghardt• 6 Oct 2018
My God these guys can play! They were all professional musicians in the 70s, apart from their young singer Charlotte who’s wonderful, and some of them even had record contracts! They played all the hits from the psychedelic years, T Rex, The Small Faces, The Kinks, David Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Santana, The Beatles, . . . They had everybody dancing. One hit after another and they SOUND EXACTLY like the original 45 singles! The hits we all know just kept coming all night, stuff you just have to...
Wendy• 26 Oct 2018
Tangerine Scene were wonderful at a Birthday party at the Coburn Resturant in the City last week. People moved their tables aside to make more room to dance. Charlotte and the band played at a nice volume and gave us those brill songs from the 60s and 70s that everybody knows and wants to get up and dance to. During their first set people were still eating but Itchycoo Park, Stuck in the Middle with You, Sprit in the Sky and Son of a Preacher Man made people stand up and cheer! Brilliant ...
Kevin• 4 Aug 2018
My wife and I saw Tangerine Scene at a festival and booked them for my retirement and 60th birthday party. Most of our friends grew up on the music they play and loved how they sound exactly like the bands they cover. They made everybody dance and they are a really nice bunch. Very friendly. Their singer Charlotte is just fab and the lads sure can play!
Kevin• 7 Sep 2018
My wife and I saw Tangerine Scene at a festival and we’re able to book them for my 60th birthday and retirement party. Our friends loved their music from the hippie years and Charlotte and the lads played all the hits we love remarkably well. The lads are great players and Charlotte is a brilliant singer. They made everybody dance their socks off. They are such a friendly bunch and we were so pleased they accepted our booking. Thank you Charlotte and the boys. Hope to catch you again. ...
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our product - ex-professionals playing the sound track to our hippie youth of the late 60s and early 70s. The music that got us started. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ We are playing the music we absolutely love and given out experience we play it exceedingly well and that is our competitive advantage. To be honest, the reward for us is learning this stuff EXACTLY like the original records and seeing our audiences appreciate that. People dancing their socks off to the hits they know and also love, people swaying and singing . . . “There’s a star-man waiting in the sky, he’d like to come and meet us, but he’s scared he’ll blow our minds..” ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Aside from our young lead singer we have all had our careers. We play a function about once a month . . . sometimes big events sometimes small parties. Yes we earn a few bob . . . we’re very good. But a lot of this for us is about the love of the music and being appreciated for playing it well. Personally I love it when people turn to look at our lead guitarist in the solos; not just because he’s note perfect off the record but because he SOUNDS exactly like Marc Bolan or Jimi Hendrix or Steve Marriott or George Harrison or, etc.
- What are the highlights of your career?We are mature ex-pro musicians who have had long careers. Collectively we’ve played with all sorts of people . . . Georgie Fame, Johnny Mathis, Mary Wilson, Gary Brooker. We’ve all toured. Some of us have had record contracts, released albums (on vinyl!!!) appeared on TV, been played on the radio including the John Peel show - remember him?? !! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Apart from our lead singer Charlotte, we are all semi-retired has-been’s ! Charlotte is new to the music business. She graduated from the London School of Music three years ago, specialising her degree in Pop Performance. We auditioned many singers, including girls currently appearing in West End shows and even an ex Simply Red backing singer. The clarity of Charlotte’s voice was literally outstanding from the rest.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Tangerine Scene are a tribute to an era, playing chart hits from the Hiipy age of Peace and Love - 1965 to 1975 - exactly like the original records with a backline of ex-professional musicians who were there at the time; fronted by an exciting young female vocalist.
- Who are your previous clients?Please see the below answers. We wouldn’t name names of customers on a site like this. But there are some testimonials people have left on our website
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Big corporate parties to small private parties. Last month we played a very posh wedding in a castle just outside Rome, this summer we played at various festivals in the UK to promote the band, a few months ago we did a small private party for a golden wedding anniversary for a few hundred pounds. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ We like to do a function about once a month as much for the love of playing our favourite music professionally as for the remuneration. . . . that’s why our prices are flexible. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ We accept bookings from all sorts of different sources and people, . . . be they trading bankers, couples getting married on their special special day or be they working folk planning a well earned party!
- Do you have more FAQs on your website.Indeed we do. Go to www.tangerinescene.co.uk
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We are ex pro musicians, we’ve all toured at some point in our careers . . . we are not “artistes”, we are mature highly experienced hard working musicians . . . . breaks? We will play as long as you want and have breaks when you require - you’re the customer and we hark from times when that meant something!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Only if it was in the charts in the 60s or the 70s .... we have a reputation to protect! Seriously, if there is something you want just ask. . . . we are VERY experienced musicians, we can learn ANYTHING exactly like the original given a few days notice!
- How much space do you require?We’ve played on vast festival stages over the summer and recently in a village church hall for a wedding anniversary in a corner . . . we’re not fussy . . . we are very customer friendly!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have our own PA and lights
- How long do you play for?Minimum 45 minutes maximum 3 hours
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer, PayPal, cash . . . Whatever suits you.
We have our own, equipment, full PA and lights (PAT tested)
We can provide music during breaks for free, your playlist or ours.
For an additional cost, we can provide a full disco service.