SwingZing captures the Jump Jive & Swing sounds of the 40s & 50s including Louis Prima, Louis Jordan, Fats Domino, Duke Ellington, Count Basie & Nina Simone to name but a few. The band is led by Jeremy Huggett on tenor sax & vocals and includes female vocals, trumpet, trombone, keyboards, double bass and drums. As well as performing as a full 7 piece, we can reduce the band to a duo, trio, quartet or 5 piece depending on the size of venue and to cater for all budgets. The exciting, lively sound and the versatility of the band is appealing to audiences of all ages making it one of the most popular bands in the UK and ideal for dancing - great for weddings, parties, anniversaries, festivals and corporate events. Based in Bristol the band can travel anywhere in the UK and beyond. If you want your special occasion to go with a zing and with plenty of swing - it has to be SwingZing.
Simon Long• Sept. 8, 2018
Swinzing provided the most wonderful roving jazz backdrop to our wedding reception. A fabulously relaxed jazz groove to help get everyone in the perfect mood. A pleasure to deal with.
Victoria• June 30, 2018
"SwingZing were fantastic at our party! Right from the off we had good communication to organise song lists and timings for the event. They were on time and set up and sound checked quickly - professional to a T and a lovely bunch of guys and girl, who has a great voice BTW!! Brilliant musicians who love what they do and delivered a top class set of songs for us to party the night away to! We won't hesitate in booking them again for any future VoxSkool events!
From all of us - BIG THANKS!! XX"
Services From SwingZing
SwingZing 4 Piece Band (3 hours)
SwingZing 6 piece Band (3 hours)
SwingZing 5 Piece Band (3 hours)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Capturing the sounds of the 40s & 50s SwingZing is the ideal band to make your special event go with a zing and with plenty of swing
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at prestigious events and festivals throughout the UK including Bude Festival, Upton Festival, Old Duke Swing Festival (Bristol) and a charity fundraiser attended by HRH Princess Anne
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We're not only professional musicians, we're passionate about our music and performance which means we want to please all of the audience all of the time
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, anniversary parties, school proms, college proms, jazz festivals, music weekends, swing festivals, corporate events, charity fund raising events
- Who are your previous clients?Too numerous to list but include venues, clubs, festivals and events throughout the UK
- How can event planners pay for your services?By BACS, cheque, cash on the day
- How long do you play for?We usually perform up to 3.5 hours including a couple of short breaks (during which we provide background music) - however we can always negotiate performance times that suit the client.