Meet the swing zippers; A versatile and exceptionally talented acoustic guitar duo! They perform a delicious concoction of gypsy jazz, latin, swing and a selection of pop hits in a beautiful instrumental style.
Aoife Thomas• 14 Sep 2019
Absolutely fantastic, played the reception at our wedding and really made the day special! Thank you so much 😄
Eschebeche - west bridgford• 20 May 2018
The Swing zippers stepped in at the last minute due to fill in for another artist. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but they were just perfect for our tapas style venue. It was great to hear something different for a change: lots of great melodies and superb guitar playing! We hope to have them back again soon.
Sarah - Audience member at the village hotel• 2 Mar 2018
Wow, what a beautiful evening! Thank you so much for such a wonderful performance. We had a great time! Thanks a lot for your talent and energy. (10 / 10)
Pelican club• 29 Nov 2018
The swing zippers have been playing at our venue for several years now. We just love their vast range of different instrumental tunes and they are super talented guys!!!! We often receive lots of very positive feedback from our customers whenever they play here. Definitely one our favourite acts here at the Pelican club and we'll be sure to continue booking them for many more nights to come.
Simon Daykin• 23 Jun 2018
We booked the Swing zippers to perform at the opening ceremony of the wells maltings gallery. We couldn't have asked anymore from them! They looked the part, played the part and carried a suitably high level of professionalism at all times. A pleasure to work with!!!!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The perfect musical backdrop to suit any occasion!
- What are the highlights of your career?Regular performances for Nottingham city council as part of their award ceremonies.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Small, compact, versatile and happy to learn song requests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, restaurants, bars, festivals, garden parties, award ceremonies, food and drink festivals, vintage themed events, romantic themed special events.
- Who are your previous clients?Perkins bar and bistro, brewhouse bar and kitchen, Pelican club, the Pillar box, Crimson tree, Nottingham city council, Sir John borlace warren, Eschebeche, Well maltings gallery, Nottingham contemporary art centre, Amazon (Manchester warehouse).
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or BACS
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 x 45 minute sets but we can play 2 x 1 hour sets. Our repertoire will allow us to play up to 3 hours but this will cost more (See price details below).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have fully PAT tested amplifiers and a full PA system if required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes and we are also members of the musicians union.
- How much space do you require?3 meters by 3 meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we are happy to take requests!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15 minutes to half an hour depending on how long we are required.
All of me
Stompin' at the savoy
Georgia on my mind
Hit the road jack
Let's stay together
How deep is your love
Isn't she love...