Steven Edwards is an experienced and professional performer from the Midlands who provides live acoustic music at weddings, functions, parties, bars and restaurants. He has been playing live all over the UK for the last eight years with his own brand of handmade acoustic music including songs by Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi, Amy Winehouse and many more. The combination of Steven’s warm voice and dynamic guitar playing creates a sound perfect for a wide variety of occasions. Steven has performed for the BBC, Ego Restaurants, Bella Italia, Coventry Cathedral and many other private events as well a creating unique and personal songs for weddings and special occasions.
Steven Edwards has been featured in Acoustic Magazine and the Guardian Online, been played on Radio 1 and BB6 Music and been a BBC Introducing Artist of the Month. His original music has been supported all over the world and even gained him a number 1 single in Indonesia as well as a whole host of UK festivals appearances.
I’ve always loved music and was bought up listening to albums that my Dad played in the lounge. Playing music and sharing it with people is something I really love do to. For a number of years (even since my teenage rock band days!) I have been playing at weddings, functions, bars and restaurants all around the UK. For me, I really love playing covers and changing how the original sounds or giving the song a new twist.
Being able to perform songs that connect with people is a beautiful thing. Weddings and significant occasions create such amazing memories and for me to be part of these events is very special. If you are getting married, organising a function, holding a party or would like some live acoustic music at an event you are arranging drop me or email or give me a call.
julie• Dec. 31, 2019
Wonderful event Steven was perfect we have been given great feedback from all our guests
Kate• Nov. 2, 2019
Thank you so much for playing at our wedding reception, so many guests have commented on how brilliant you were. You fit so well with atmosphere playing a variety of back ground music and some songs we could dance to- which is exactly what we wanted. We will definitely recommend you and have you back to play at future parties.
Linda Fowler• June 29, 2019
We wanted to make our 10th Wedding Anniversary a day to remember so we decided to book a live artist to entertain everybody. We booked Steven through PoptopUK Ltd on the internet this site was very informative as Steven played the the sort of music that we liked and Steven contacted us promptly to make arrangements for our special day. Steven arrived early to set up in plenty of time. The choice of songs were all well know and he was loved by everyone young and old. A big thank you for making our day extra special, well done Steven, we would recommend him to others.
Steph• May 11, 2019
Steven sang at our wedding renewal reception and he was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC,our guests thoroughly enjoyed his music,I also requested a song and Steven learned it which I couldn’t praise him enough for as it was perfect,we would highly recommend Steven
Lisa• Feb. 14, 2019
Ross Smith• April 21, 2018
Steven came over to Shrewsbury to play at our engagement party, he was really professional from the first interaction in organising the booking to when he played. He is a fantastic singer and acoustic player who put a wicked twist on some of peoples favourite songs - he played a array of genres and was brilliant at holding the room. Thank you again for coming over to celebrate with us and I can not recommend Steven highly enough for anybody's future bookings. We will be booking him again for our Wedding for sure
Services From Steven Edwards
Live Music Quote
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I am happy to play at a wide range of events such as weddings, parties, corperate events, garden parties and many more.
- Who are your previous clients?I have previously worked with the BBC, Coventry Cathedral, Ego Resturants, Bella Italia Resturants, The Bell Hotel, FKS Mere Green as well a variety of bars, coffee shops and private clients.
- How long do you play for?I can play for 30 minutes or for a couple of hours! I am really happy to work around when you would like live music.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a compact PA and a larger system. I have lots of fairy lights and standing lights that will at atmosphere to any venue.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have fully PAT tested equipment and Public Liability Insurance.
- How much space do you require?I only need a small space near a power point!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I can play most songs. If you get in touch then I may well be able to include your favourite tune!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a 15 minute break every 45 minutes but I am happy to work this out with each client.
- Did I hear you write bespoke songs for special occasions?Yes, I do! I have written songs for a variety of people including for couples on their wedding day.
Included in my quote is:
- My own PA System
- Background music at any points you require it from my iPod.
- Use of my PA and microphone for any announcements
- 1 or 2 special song requests from yourself (depending on time and the song)
- Fairy lights (and static or disco lights) for decorating my performance space
- My travel time and costs
- I am a full member of the Musicians Union.
- I have Public Libability Insurance and fully PAT tested equipment.
These are just some of the songs I like to play. If there is a specific song you’d love me to play then get in touch.
YOU GOT THE LOVE – Florence and the Machine
WONDERWALL – Oasis (Ukulele Cover)
LIVING ON A PRAYER – Bon Jovi
VIVA LAS VEGAS – Elvis Presley
THINKIN OUTLOUD - Ed Sheeran
I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT – U2
SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT – The Killers
IT MUST BE LOVE – Madness
CRAZY - Cee Lo Green (Ukulele Cover)
ADDICTED TO LOVE – Robert Palmer
YOU’RE THE ONE THAT I WANT – Grease
MR BRIGHTSIDE – The Killers
POWER OF LOVE – Huey Lewis and the News
THE CAVE – Mumford and Sons
FRIDAY I'M IN LOVE - The Cure
YOU ARE ALL THAT I HAVE – Snow Patrol
CAN’T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD – Kylie Minogue
YELLOW – Coldplay (Ukulele Cover)
ONE DAY LIKE THIS – Elbow
TEENAGE DREAM – Katy Perry
RUN – Snow Patrol (Ukulele Cover)
FREE FALLIN' - Tom Petty
MERCY - Duffy
HOLD BACK THE RIVER - James Bay
SITTIN ON THE DOCK OF BAY - Otis Redding
DON'T STOP BELIEVING - Journey (Ukulele Cover)
MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE - Adele
MRS ROBINSON - Simon and Garfunkle