Soloist Steel Drum Entertainer with over 20yrs experience. Providing ambient background entertainment for many events and functions, namely; Barbecues, weddings, Parties, Christenings, Bar Mitzvahs, Hens and Stag Parties.
Aaron Winkle• 18 Aug 2018
If I could rate Abdul more than 5 stars I absolutely would. He set the tone for our wedding perfectly. He played a wide range of songs and played brilliantly, our guests thoroughly enjoyed his talents. I couldn't recommend him enough!
If I have any future functions I will no doubt look to see if he is available.
All the best,
Douglas Currie• 9 Feb 2019
I can't praise Abdul enough. He sure knows his way around the steel drums, but more than that, he also knows how to entertain. He went the extra mile for us as well, joining in with a couple of extra bits we asked him to do and doing a great job in the process. I hired him for me and my twin brother's 60th "do" after my wife said it would be good to have a steel drummer play for the first part of the evening whilst people were gathering and then eating. I wasn't entirely sure at the time, but, ...
Ian Malcolm• 16 Feb 2019
What a brilliant night's entertainment from Abdul of Steel Sounds. A great set of music that had everyone singing along and dancing. He really made the party go with a swing. Abdul was professional and helpful from our first contact through to his fantastic double steel drum performance on the night in front of 70 people. Thoroughly recommended. Thanks for everything Abdul!
Antonio Abalo• 27 Jul 2018
Abdul was fantastic!!! He arrived early, set up and was ready as everyone arrived. Everyone, and I mean everyone at the event commented on how good the music was from the variety of songs to the quality of his playing. I would highly recommend him for any event whether it be corporate, a wedding or a party. Fantastic and a lovely guy!!!!!
Abdul Williams• 28 Jul 2018
I can highly recommend this talented musician Abdul Williams. Such a great guy thank you for making the party so special.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing for the queens silver jubilee at Buckingham Palace, Touring Canada, Spain, France, Germany and labour day celebrations in Brooklyn
- I also offer 1 to 1, and small groups of 4 steel pan taster lessons. These lessons can be as a wedding gift, an experience on Hen and Stag Parties, or bridal party and grooms men wanting to learn and make a surprise performance on wedding day. We also provide steel drum taster sessions on company away day and team building retreats.I'm available for the services as well listed above
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 break, depending on length of booking
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes
- How much space do you require?2m x 2m
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- How long do you play for?1hr set 4hr set with a 30 mins break 6rs set with a 45 mins break
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via Bank Transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Saracens Stadium Allianz Park Arsenal FC Carrie and David Grant Hippodrome Casino, Central London Norton Park Hotel
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings UK and destination weddings Coctail hours Corporate events Hens and Stag parties Bar Mitzvahs Barbecue Christmas and New year parties
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I can easily fit into small spaces
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soloist Steel Drum Entertainer, providing Acoustic entertainment for all events.
Jazz covers, pop covers, reggae, mowtown, calypso, soca, ska, traditional music, indie, Pop:
• Price Tag - Jessie J
• Roar - Katy Perry
• Stitches - Shawn Mandes
• Leave Right Now - Will Young