Soloist Steel Drum Entertainer with over 20yrs experience. Providing ambient background entertainment for many events and functions, namely; Barbecues, weddings, Parties, Christenings, Bar Mitzvahs, Hens and Stag Parties.
Daniel Brown• Sept. 14, 2019
Abdul was brilliant. He hit the spot with his music and was just what we wanted for our summer party. Punctual, very responsive and flexible to our needs, I would highly recommend him to anyone and we will certainly use him again for future events.
Usha Gajperia• Sept. 12, 2019
Abdul was absolutely amazing at our office summer party! Abdul was so engaging and enthusiastic, it was a delight from the beginning till the very end. Everyone loved the range of songs he played and we could all tell how passionate he was playing the steel pan. He is very professional, friendly and passionate. He added so much energy to the party. I would highly recommend Abdul, do not hesitate! He will make your event unforgettable and a real talking point, as he did with ours. Thank you!!
Jamie Mason• Aug. 22, 2019
Thank you SO MUCH Abdul for playing your steel drum at my client's party. I loved your music and so did all the guests at the party. It was the perfect way to get us in the Carnival mood. You were amazing! Very professional service right from the start and you were even took requests and played those. You were a big highlight for the party. I'll be recommending your service to all my friends! Pleasure to meet you and hear your great music.
Edward Marczak• Aug. 10, 2019
Abdul turned up nice and early yo our garden party/ bbq. His playing was fantastic with a good choice of songs.i would not hesitate to recommend " steel sounds" for any event as Abdul is experienced and quickly gets a feel for event . Everybody commented on the standard of his playing...the guy sure knows his way around the steel pans!
Mike Collins• Aug. 3, 2019
Started our celebration with a joyful sound that everyone enjoyed and many commented on. A pleasure to deal with and would use again without any hesitation. Lovely person.
Amy• July 20, 2019
I can't thank Abdul enough, he did an amazing job. Everyone at the wedding couldn't stop talking about him and what a lovely touch it was to have him playing the steel drums. Abdul was very friendly, he fitted in well, and was very flexible with the structure of the day, which allowed us to enjoy ourselves we no worries. We would without a doubt have him again for a big event and highly recommend him for others.
Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:
What are the highlights of your career?
What is your competitive advantage (special features)?
What kind of events do you usually serve?
Who are your previous clients?
How can event planners pay for your services?
How long do you play for?
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
How much space do you require?
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
I also offer 1 to 1, and small groups of 4 steel pan taster lessons. These lessons can be as a wedding gift, an experience on Hen and Stag Parties, or bridal party and grooms men wanting to learn and make a surprise performance on wedding day. We also provide steel drum taster sessions on company away day and team building retreats.
Jazz covers, pop covers, reggae, mowtown, calypso, soca, ska, traditional music, indie, Pop:
• Price Tag - Jessie J
• Roar - Katy Perry
• Stitches - Shawn Mandes
• Leave Right Now - Will Young
• One Last Time - Ariana Grande
• Think Twice - Phil Collins
• Havana - Camila Cabello
• Uptown Funk - Bruno mars
• Shake it off - Taylor Swift
• We found Love - Rihannna
• Thriller - Michael Jackson
• Stay with me - Sam Smith
• Our Day Will Come - Amy Winehouse
• Stir it Up - Bob Marley
• Three little Birds - Bob Marley
• Kingston Town - UB40
• Rude - Magic
• The Isrealites - Desmond Dekker
• I can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
• You Don't Love Me (No No No) - Dawn Penn
• Some Guys Have All The Luck - Maxi Priest
• Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
• It Must Be Love - Madness
Jazz & Blues:
• Orange Colored Sky - Nat King Cole
• Black Orpheus - Bonfa, Jobim & Gilberto
• Fever - Peggy Lee
• Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
• All of Me - Frank Sinatra
• Dream A Little Dream of Me - Ella Fitzgerald
• Summertime - Billie Holiday
• What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
• My Baby Just Cares for Me - Nina Simone
Soca & Calypso:
• Turn Me On - Kevin Lyttle
• Year for Love - Voice
• Brown Skin Girl - Harry Belafonte
• Soul Limbo - Booker T & the M.G.'s
• Feeling Hot - Arrow
• Matilda - Harry Belafonte
• A Message to You, Rudy - The Specials
• Monkey Man - The Specials
• My Boy Lollipop - Barbie Gaye
• 007 - Desmond Dekker
• Ghost Town - The Specials
• Its Impossible - UB40