Stand Up Opera
More than just opera singers... more than singing waiters, these two gorgeous operatic singers will entertain your guests with one of the most original, entertaining and clever acts in the corporate and wedding market.
Stand Up Opera is a wonderful blend of glamour, wit, a hilarious script, audience involvement and stunning voices that will entertain and seduce you and your clients - from cocktails to the main event. From a surprise raffle to the story of Carmen and fabulous opera and musical theatre duets, these leading UK opera and classical crossover singers provide the perfect entertainment for corporate functions, weddings, dinners and birthdays.
How the show unfolds…
During cocktails or entrée, two charming performers are mingling and dispensing raffle tickets to the guests. They politely chat, flirt and generally make themselves known to everyone at the event. Later, they take to the stage to announce the winner of the raffle. Distracted by the amount of gorgeous people in the audience, their cover is blown as they break into song. This can only be described as delicious flirtation with the masses, combining witty lyrics with fabulous vocal prowess. Operatic, classical crossover and musical theatre duets are then performed, which are selected to suit the occasion.
PLUS, the hilarious piece de resistance, a performance of Bizet's masterpiece, Carmen, performed in its entirety (less all the boring bits) in 15 minutes. A sumptuous underscore threads its way through the whole event. Complete with audience participation Stand Up Opera is visually and musically stunning and is the perfect choice for your formal event, conference or corporate gathering.
Olya Lammas• Dec. 7, 2019
Amazing performance! It was the highlight of the party. Sarah and Tom made the evening very special, full of fun, beautiful singing and all our guests were involved. Highly recommend!
Darren Titley• Oct. 19, 2019
The Duo began the performance with a singing waiter entry which surprised all of the audience. They then moved into a second comedy set.
Throughout the performance both the singing and comedy were outstanding. I would recommend this act to anyone, especially any corporate or military mess events.
Absolutely fantastically received by all at the event.
Andy Scothern• Sept. 28, 2019
Just hilarious. They sang wonderfully, but more than that, the comedy aspect was brilliant and the audience participation with our guests was perfect. I have not laughed so much. Will definitely have them for an event in the future.
Kirsten• Sept. 14, 2019
Saira recently performed at my wedding, she went down an absolute storm! All of my guests loved her and her singing. I can not recommend her more!
Thank you so much for helping to make our day perfect Saira!!
Perry Gale• June 15, 2019
Wonderful! A pleasure to deal with them. They were helpful and thoughtful about the content, highly organised and just lovely. Everyone went away uplifted and entertained. Thank you
Neil Brown• May 6, 2019
"Show was great and had many positive comments from the guests.
Saira liaised with the establishment before attending and kept me updated at all times.
The bride and groom were very happy with the show and couldn't stop laughing couldn't ask for more.
Would like to thank Saira and her partner for a wonderful show coping not only with a difficult setup at the venue due to guests wandering around while they were trying to keep the performance secret but also a last minute change in victim due to the person we agreed on originally having to leave early.
Many thanks both ;-)"
Services From Stand Up Opera
Surprise Opera, Classical Crossover Act - 2 x Performers
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We normally perform for corporate events, birthday celebrations and wedding receptions
- Who are your previous clients?Sternberg Clarke, Banqueting House, Debra Slingsby - ESC Limited, Private Party Event, South Yorkshire, Bob Bolitho, Birthday Party Event, Mausel House, Somerset, Somerset, John Bibby, Birthday Party Event, Albert's Restaurant, Worsley, Manchester, Jenny Riddell, Birthday Party Event, Yorkshire, Tess Doherty - Event Co-Ordinator, Corporate Event, Sydney
- How long do you play for?Our show runs for 30 minutes and can be shorter or longer depending on requirements
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA equipment and this is included in the fee
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have Public Liability Insurance
- How much space do you require?We require a stage or clear space of about 3 metres long and 2 metres wide
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, where appropriate we are happy to perform your favourite duet
• Two Performers & Backing tracks
• Running time is between 20 and 40 minutes however this can vary depending on client preferences
• Stand Up Opera can be performed at any part of the event however it is necessary to perform when guests are seated and there is no or minimum table serve (eg before mains are served or after mains have been cleared).
Structure of the show:
• Performers hand out the free raffle tickets to all guests at the start of the evening. This is a great way for the audience to meet and get to know the performers
• The performers are then introduced as the raffle ticket helpers and commence the show
• Once it becomes apparent that the performers are actually singers and entertainers they perform a duet amongst the audience
• The show consists of operatic and or classical crossover duets, a hilarious take on the opera 'Carmen' and of course, audience involvement!
• Normally two duets and the original comedic operatic piece are performed during the show however more or less songs can be performed depending on client preferences
Examples of duets performed:
• The Brindisi, Verdi's La Traviata
• Time to say goodbye, Sartori
• I believe, Levisalles
• You raise me up, Lovland
• All I ask of you, Lloyd Webber