More than just opera singers... more than singing waiters, these two gorgeous operatic singers will entertain your guests with one of the most original, entertaining and clever acts in the corporate and wedding market.
Stand Up Opera is a wonderful blend of glamour, wit, a hilarious script, audience involvement and stunning voices that will entertain and seduce you and your clients - from cocktails to the main event. From a surprise raffle to the story of Carmen and fabulous opera and musical theatre duets, these leading UK opera and classical crossover singers provide the perfect entertainment for corporate functions, weddings, dinners and birthdays.
How the show unfolds…
During cocktails or entrée, two charming performers are mingling and dispensing raffle tickets to the guests. They politely chat, flirt and generally make themselves known to everyone at the event. Later, they take to the stage to announce the winner of the raffle. Distracted by the amount of gorgeous people in t...
Bob Bolitho• 25 Jun 2018
The Comedy Opera Show were brilliant. We roughly knew what to expect from the online videos, but were blown away by their professionalism and interaction with us and our guests. It was the perfect end to a perfect day and we can not recommend them highly enough, thank you.
Neil Brown• 6 May 2019
"Show was great and had many positive comments from the guests.
Saira liaised with the establishment before attending and kept me updated at all times.
The bride and groom were very happy with the show and couldn't stop laughing couldn't ask for more.
Would like to thank Saira and her partner for a wonderful show coping not only with a difficult setup at the venue due to guests wandering around while they were trying to keep the performance secret but also a last minute change in victim...
Amanda Ralls• 25 Jan 2019
We wanted something very special and unique for a client networking event - Stand Up Opera were amazing. They really do have the wow factor and are just so professional and talented. Thank you and I would highly recommend.
John Bibby• 1 Jun 2018
"What an inspired decision for a great birthday party! Saira and Lawrence, two extremely accomplished opera singers, wowed my guests with their superb mixture of high comedy with truly wonderful singing. To have my nephew on stage playing the part of Don Jose in Carmen was a sight to behold - so funny! And what an end to the show - Their performance of ""Time to say Goodbye"" was, I have to say, superb. Such a great night!"
Debra Slingsby - ESC Limited, Private Party Event, South Yorkshire• 7 Dec 2018
Excellent entertainment would recommend everyday of the week. Professional ladies and a most unusual act. Everyone at our party enjoyed them.I hope to have an opportunity to use them again.
- Who are your previous clients?Sternberg Clarke, Banqueting House, Debra Slingsby - ESC Limited, Private Party Event, South Yorkshire, Bob Bolitho, Birthday Party Event, Mausel House, Somerset, Somerset, John Bibby, Birthday Party Event, Albert's Restaurant, Worsley, Manchester, Jenny Riddell, Birthday Party Event, Yorkshire, Tess Doherty - Event Co-Ordinator, Corporate Event, Sydney
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, where appropriate we are happy to perform your favourite duet
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We normally perform for corporate events, birthday celebrations and wedding receptions
- How much space do you require?We require a stage or clear space of about 3 metres long and 2 metres wide
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have Public Liability Insurance
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA equipment and this is included in the fee
- How long do you play for?Our show runs for 30 minutes and can be shorter or longer depending on requirements
• Two Performers & Backing tracks
• Running time is between 20 and 40 minutes however this can vary depending on client preferences
• Stand Up Opera can be performed at any part of the ev...