spud the piper
Award winning wedding bagpiper in full dress Famous for playing Like a Virgin on the bagpipes to Bride to be Madonna when she arrived in the highlands for her wedding 😃 full dress includes feather bonnet as in my pictures, I try my best to play your requested tune and give it 100%, I also play at a lot of events and funerals, again I try play what the family wish for , its a huge honour for me to pipe at a loved ones funeral
MARTIN THOMPSON• 5 Apr 2019
Spud kindly attended a conference held in Edinburgh for our Swedish based company and not only entertained us with his wonderful piping skills but he took the time to talk to us about himself and the history of the bagpipes in detail. The group was then able to try playing the pipes themselves with instructions from Spud. For many this was a first and perhaps once in a lifetime opportunity. I cannot thank Spud enough for this experience which was greatly appreciated by everyone. Not only is Spud...
Scot Golf Travel• 13 Jun 2019
Spud is first class and has performed for a number of our overseas golfing groups while they have been in Scotland. He is great with our clients and adapts to each group perfectly! Without doubt a 5***** performer!
Neil, Scot Golf Travel
Richard Deak• 1 Apr 2019
I had the pleasure working with Spud over 8years now. He is always reliable and his approach to any event is fantastic. Cannot recommend him highly enough
jenny stock• 30 Nov 2013
"I had the utter pleasure of filming the wonderful Spud for a BBC documentary that followed people's lives in the Highlands in 2013/2014. I filmed Spud performing on his bagpipes across the Cairngorms over a period of seven months. I documented him playing at a wide variety of events from weddings, new years eve, piping in the haggis on Burns night and the Opening of Spay River.
Spud plays beautifully, looks incredibly impressive in his Highland dress and is an absolute pleasure to be around....
Sophie• 27 Apr 2019
"This lovely gentleman is highly recommended!
He was really lovely on the day, the piping was excellent, and he was kind enough to have some photos taken with us at another venue afterwards.
10/10 Spud! "
- How long do you play for?usually half an hour as guests arrive pipe for the ceremony in and out pipe for periods outside during pics pipe for the top table going in to sit down pipe for the bride and groom as they go to the cake then to sit down and pipe out
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?N/a
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Not a lot - just standing playing mostly
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?if i can’t play it ill learn it for you 👍
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?None !
Set list includes,Flower of Scotland, Scotland the brave, the Gael, amazing grace,Mhari’s Wedding,the list is endless, just ask please and ill giv...