Spirit of the Sixties are based around Grantham. The band are totally live and play music from the sixties from well known artists such as the Beatles, Cliff and the Shadows, The Monkees,The Drifters and Spencer Davis Group - to name but a few! We also provide a visual show with videos, photos and facts on the era and we can also provide a sixties disco to make a complete themed night
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Five Piece Party Band playing classic hits from the Sixties
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?we can offer the complete package - A live band, a visual/video show and a themed disco
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We cover events such as social clubs, private birthday parties, weddings, carnivals, themed nights and corporate functions. Our PA can adapted to cover events from 100 guests to 500 guests.
- Who are your previous clients?We have worked for Local Councils, Social clubs around east midlands/south yorkshire and independent event locations such as holiday parks and Music Bars
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash
- How long do you play for?We normally play 90 mins - this can be in either 3 x 30mins slots or 2 x45mins slots - this is normally decided by the client
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we are a self contained band with PA and Lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes - we hold Public Liability Insurance up to one million pounds and all equipment is PAT tested for your peace of mind - certificates can be provided on request.
- How much space do you require?We require the minimum of 8 x4 metres - however we are happy to accept more!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?This will depend on the song, however if it is possible we would need one months notice so that we can learn it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As we play for 90 mins we will require breaks however depending on how many sets we are performing, what other activities are taking place on the evening and how this will be co ordinated during the evening. It will be agreed in advance of the event
- What style of music do you offer?We try and play something for everyone however we are not a heavy rock band. please see our song list for more details.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Only songs pre agreed can be performed on the night as we do not use backing tracks and all songs are rehearsed in advance - we do not work from sheet music
- Do you do open-air acts?As we use electric instruments we would require some overhead cover - please contact us to discuss
A Kind Of Hush/Apache/Bad Moon Rising/Black Is Black/Come On Over To My Place/Dance On/Daydream Believer/Don't Throw Your Love Away
Hello Mary Lou/I Feel Fine/I'm A Believer/It's All Over Now/Johnny B Goode/Mr Tambourine Man/Needles & Pins/Obla Di Obla Da
Please Don't Tease/Pretty Woman/Run Away/Saturday Night at The Movies/Summer Holiday/Sunny Afternoon/The Letter/The Wanderer
The Young Ones/Ticket to Ride/Under The Moon Of Love/Walk in the Room
The above is a sample of the some of the songs we perform - we do also offer a sixties disco or a standard mixed decade disco if preferred