Congratulations! You've found Spill The Whisky on the internet via the Poptop agency.
Spill The Whisky are a professional fun ceilidh/barn dance band featuring great musicians. We are lively and energetic with a caller who is 'Second to none' (BBC review)
Spill the Whisky band supply their own PA and lights for up to 250 guests for all events.
It doesn't matter if you have never done barn dancing before. Our job is to make your event memorable and make sure that everyone has a good time. Spill The Whisky also sing suitable songs to give the dancers a break if they need it.
Fancy free-styling! We supply a great add on hire of the Band sound system and lights for your iPad/Laptop/device disco with music of your choice to finish the event .
It wont be a dull affair with Spill The Whisky ceilidh band. For happy memorable events choose us!
Iain McAloon• Jan. 18, 2020
Professional friendly very talented. Set such a good atmosphere great craic was had by all
Gabriela Miron• Jan. 4, 2020
A fantastic band with so much patience! We ended up having a couple adjustments to the schedule we were going to follow, plus an unexpected delay to the actual start of the music playing, but Spill the Whiskey were really good at going with the flow.
They managed to get almost all the guests off their chairs -- the only ones who didn't get up were those who couldn't, and made dancing fun for everyone involved. We had actual people who knew how to dance, people who had no clue, and people who shouldn't be allowed on a dancefloor (me) but somehow the band played songs that worked for all of us and the amount of fun we had just cannot be put into words. Also, they ended their set beautifully, giving us a chance to go round all our guests and exchange a few words and a hug, which meant the world to me.
Fantastic band, I very much recommend them!
Graham Adams• Sept. 14, 2019
Excellent, would definitely book again everyone had a great time, Thank you
Donna• Aug. 17, 2019
Great fun! Debby and Tim are extremely professional, the dances were easy to follow and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment - both participants and spectators
Oli & Meg• April 6, 2019
Tim and Debby,
I have finally recovered enough to get an email over, what a brilliant evening last Saturday was. The amount of friends asking us about the band, how great an idea it was and when we are doing the next one... The list goes on. It was lovely to see all our friends and just getting stuck in largely due to your fab caller, making it tricky to stay seated. Most of all it was great to see Meg with a smile on her face despite me trying to get out of dancing due to me cast!
Thanks for all your help and may see you for my 30th in two years. Feel free to add any to your website.
Oli and Meg"
Fiona• Sept. 15, 2018
Hi Debby and the band!
Many thanks for playing at the ceilidh on Saturday for Lesley and Mike’s wedding.
The band was really great and the posts on Facebook are super.
Many thanks for playing my tune - it meant a lot.
Glad you enjoyed my baking too!
Lots and lots of people have commented on how good you all were and you were excellent at calling dances so everyone could join in!
We will certainly recommend you to anyone looking for a band in the South
Best wishes Fiona"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional ceilidh band with a fun and friendly caller making Spill The Whisky perfect for parties and weddings with dancers of mixed abilities.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at lovely Weddings is an honour and joy . We love creating parties to remember. Performing at Eaton Hall for Duke of Westminster was pretty special!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?As well as the band providing great music, the caller in a ceilidh is the most important person. We have the best! Fun, friendly and accommodating. People love the relaxed style of Spill The Whisky. Lots of energy with lots of laughs too. Never done a ceilidh before? Even better!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Birthday Parties and Festivals are our specialties. Relaxed professional style to put everyone at ease give everyone an amazing event.
- Who are your previous clients?Many many wonderful Weddings, birthday parties, HM forces, Center Parcs, BBC, Festivals, Independent Schools, Town twinnings, etc
- How can event planners pay for your services?Normally by BACs
- How long do you play for?Normally 2 sets 2 x 45 or 2 x 60 mins live within a 3 hour period.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes Band supply PA ands lighting suitable for 250 guests. Extra PA can be supplied on request
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Varies on the band size. We will fit in where we can. Preferably not in a corner as the sound is never as good.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are always happy to play songs from your device through our Band sound system. Eg. first dance at a wedding. Our caller is also experienced at announcing the first dance and gathering your people around.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally one break but It depends on the function. It's best not to leave too long a break between sets, around 30 mins is a good guide. We play live for up to 2 hours, but if you would like 90 minutes straight off then move on to something else that's fine. It's your event. Just tell us what you would like.
- Is it fun?YES YES YES it is with Spill The Whisky! We love our work and get brilliant feedback of from clients who cant believe how many non dancing guests danced! Don't book a dull, boring uninspiring alternative. It's your special day!
Great Celtic jigs, reels and polkas. Can be given an Irish or Scottish slant if required for weddings, Burns' Nights, St. Patricks Nights etc.
A mix of modern and popular acoustic songs are often performed by the band if the dancers need a rest.
the caller is also great at bringing the people together for the first dance at a wedding, or for the Birthday Song if required.
So a professional but friendly service all round.