Sound of the Suburb is a high energy band playing a wide variety of crowd pleasing favourites primarily from the '50s to the '80s, along with songs from the '90s and more current material. We can also learn songs not on our current list if requested. The songs we perform are designed to engage audiences and get everyone up and dancing, but we can also play quieter material or solo piano pieces if needed. We have full, professional quality sound PA and light show (PAT tested).
Amber C• 14 May 2018
Loved the music for my uncle and auntie's wedding anniversary. The band really set the mood and kept the party alive and kicking!
Louise W. (Birthday Party)• 13 Oct 2018
Absolutely fantastic band. The first thing everyone said after was how great the band was. Not only were they playing some fantastic music but they seemed to be really enjoying themselves and involving themselves with the guests which was great. Very friendly and easy to book. Could not rave enough about them and would highly recommended them. Thank you all so much, you really made the party. Let’s hope I can hire you again for another bash!!!
Amy Wright• 7 Feb 2018
What a fabulous evening. Even got some of the most stubborn people dancing! Great band who are warm and welcoming; they were a delight to help celebrate my parent's Wedding Anniversary. A truly special event made much more memorable by the music Sound of the Suburb supplied. Thank you!
Gill• 16 Mar 2018
Thank you so much for playing at my party yesterday. The band were brilliant , everyone loved you guys and it made my evening . Just fabulous xx Gill xx
Ken P.• 11 Aug 2018
I booked Sound of the Suburb for my birthday party in August 2018 and the evening was a tremendous success. The music played by the band was fantastic. Everyone at the party commented on how good the band was and that they had catered for all ages and musical tastes. They are a very talented bunch of guys who deliver a very slick and tight sound which creates a great atmosphere as soon as they start playing. A really good band choice for live music to suit any occasion, A big thank you to all o...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break between each set, approximately 15 minutes per break, but this is flexible.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will do our very best to learn any requests and will most likely be able to play your favourite tune!
- How much space do you require?Approximately 20 square meters.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance and all our equipment is PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, and everything is PAT tested,
- How long do you play for?Our standard fee covers two sets of 45 minutes each. If additional playing time is requested, we can quote for this.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or bank transfer.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We play many songs that people love but aren't always the obvious choices, and we're nice, friendly guys to work with.
- Who are your previous clients?Royal Free Hospital Volunteers Association, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospital Volunteers Association, Source UK Financial Services Company, Hampstead Garden Suburb Residents Association and many other private clients (references available).
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private parties of all sizes.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing to large crowds of happy people at private parties, festivals and all other venues.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Sound of the Suburb is a high energy rock'n'roll band that provides great music for any party.
We play a wide selection of songs from artists such as Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, David Bowie, Queen, The Clash and many more. Please see below for a part...