Nine piece soul/funk/party band available throughout London, South East England and further afield. We aim to be very flexible on all aspects of our engagements in order to meet the client's precise requirements.
Maddie & Roger• 10 Dec 2016
The band kept the dance floor full from first track until the last at our wedding. Thank you guys. They played a mixture of swinging oldies and modern dance numbers to suit all tastes. They fitted their sets around the itinerary perfectly.
Jennifer Papps• 22 Jul 2017
"I'm so pleased we chose the Soultanas for our wedding in June 2015 - the band were absolutely brilliant. From our first contact in February 2014, through to our wedding day in June 2015, Laurence from the band was fantastic. He has been very professional, accommodating and understanding.
The Soultanas are all fantastic musicians and singers, and played the perfect wedding music to dance to, including a couple of requests. Big thanks to Lauren as well for letting me take over and sing on a co...
Theresa Love• 5 Aug 2017
Just a note to say how much your music was enjoyed by all at our wdding at Loseley on 6th August. Not only on the day, but afterwards by letter many people expressed their appreciation for such delightful music. People were able to dance or sit at tables and actually talk as the music wasn't too loud. The younger generation commented on it too! The singers were superb.so thank you very much for making the evening such an enjoyable one for all. With kindest regards, Theresa
Jenny Cook• 18 Jun 2016
"We booked the Soultanas to play our wedding in May 2014. We could not recommend them highly enough. Music is our shared interest and we love to dance and party with our friends so there was a lot of pressure for us when getting the music right. All our guests, from granddads and uncles to nieces, were dancing the night away.
Soul and funk music is a genre we love and accessible for almost everybody. On our request The Soutanas learnt our favourite song for our first dance: ""Thinking of You"...
Dan Wilkinson• 8 Jul 2017
Excellent in every way. They were flexible, friendly and accommodating from the outset regarding our requests. They saved the day as the wedding venue's sound system malfunctioned and the band were very accommodating in helping out. Their sets were perfectly judged both in terms of length and song choice - people were dancing all night long and wouldn't let them go at the end. Many of our guests commented on the band as one of the best wedding bands they'd heard in a while, and I know that some ...
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. Our PA system can also be used to patch the clients playlist during breaks and we can make mics available for speeches if required. Our lighting rig is available to illuminate the band areas and the dance floor. We have additional uplighters for marquees or a dining area as well as the ability to illuminate external features. In all we have 28 seperate programmable LED units with three DMX controllers and all the necessary T-bars, stands and clamps.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We are primarily a wedding band and have played many of the most well-known venues in the South East including Blenheim Palace and Goodwood House. We have also performed in a marquee in the middle of a field in the Midlands.
- What are the highlights of your career?Each and every wedding or function is a highlight in its own right, whether it's a celebrity "name" or a more intimate and private occasion.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soultanas is a nine-piece function band with a repertoire of dance music from the 1960s to the present day.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We will fit in with the running order of the day. The ideal set length is 50 minutes but we are used to there being some slippage in the timings of even the most meticulously planned occasions. Go with the flow is our watchword!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are always happy to learn and play a couple's choice of First Dance.
- How much space do you require?3m × 8m is perfect but we fit all of us into the available space.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes PLI for £5m and PAT certificated equipment.
- How long do you play for?Entirely negotiable - whatever the client wants. For excample, we can offer a set of instrumental music to accompany a reception prior to morphing into a party band for dancing later in the evening.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via BACS with a deposit to hold the date and the residue on the day itself.
- Who are your previous clients?Generally private hire clients.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are highly professional, reliable and accommodating and our music is also very good.
Live music from the 1960s to the present day. We have an extensive lighting rig for your entire venue and professional instruments and sound systems. We have public liability insurance cover (£5m) a...