Nine piece soul/funk/party band available throughout London, South East England and further afield. We aim to be very flexible on all aspects of our engagements in order to meet the client's precise requirements.
Jenny Cook• June 18, 2016
"We booked the Soultanas to play our wedding in May 2014. We could not recommend them highly enough. Music is our shared interest and we love to dance and party with our friends so there was a lot of pressure for us when getting the music right. All our guests, from granddads and uncles to nieces, were dancing the night away.
Soul and funk music is a genre we love and accessible for almost everybody. On our request The Soutanas learnt our favourite song for our first dance: ""Thinking of You"" by Sister Sledge. Our first dance was one of our favourite parts of the day. Prior to the wedding day they sent us their set list which helped us plan for the DJ that followed, they were also really receptive for sharing preferences for songs to play.
On the day you wouldn't have known they were there setting up. They were so professional, liaising directly with the venue and did not bother us at all on the day. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special, we hoped you enjoyed playing as much as we enjoyed listening. We wish we could go back and do it all again!"
John• June 23, 2017
The Soultanas were an absolute hit with us and all of our guests. The sound was incredibly authentic and they brought a fun, energetic and soulful atmosphere that helped make our wedding day truly memorable. The guys were relaxed, friendly and very happy to go with the flow. Their set list was perfect as it got guests of all ages dancing, all night! We couldn't recommend them enough.
Dan Wilkinson• July 8, 2017
Excellent in every way. They were flexible, friendly and accommodating from the outset regarding our requests. They saved the day as the wedding venue's sound system malfunctioned and the band were very accommodating in helping out. Their sets were perfectly judged both in terms of length and song choice - people were dancing all night long and wouldn't let them go at the end. Many of our guests commented on the band as one of the best wedding bands they'd heard in a while, and I know that some friends are looking to book the band for their own events.
Jennifer Papps• July 22, 2017
"I'm so pleased we chose the Soultanas for our wedding in June 2015 - the band were absolutely brilliant. From our first contact in February 2014, through to our wedding day in June 2015, Laurence from the band was fantastic. He has been very professional, accommodating and understanding.
The Soultanas are all fantastic musicians and singers, and played the perfect wedding music to dance to, including a couple of requests. Big thanks to Lauren as well for letting me take over and sing on a couple! Our wedding guests thoroughly enjoyed it and many told us afterwards they were the best wedding band they'd seen. I cannot recommend them highly enough."
Theresa Love• Aug. 5, 2017
Just a note to say how much your music was enjoyed by all at our wdding at Loseley on 6th August. Not only on the day, but afterwards by letter many people expressed their appreciation for such delightful music. People were able to dance or sit at tables and actually talk as the music wasn't too loud. The younger generation commented on it too! The singers were superb.so thank you very much for making the evening such an enjoyable one for all. With kindest regards, Theresa
Felicity plowman• Aug. 19, 2017
Everything that you want in a wedding band. Amazingly talented, awesome party starters and a joy to work with. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how brilliant they were. I would highly recommend booking them!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soultanas is a nine-piece function band with a repertoire of dance music from the 1960s to the present day.
- What are the highlights of your career?Each and every wedding or function is a highlight in its own right, whether it's a celebrity "name" or a more intimate and private occasion.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are highly professional, reliable and accommodating and our music is also very good.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We are primarily a wedding band and have played many of the most well-known venues in the South East including Blenheim Palace and Goodwood House. We have also performed in a marquee in the middle of a field in the Midlands.
- Who are your previous clients?Generally private hire clients.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via BACS with a deposit to hold the date and the residue on the day itself.
- How long do you play for?Entirely negotiable - whatever the client wants. For excample, we can offer a set of instrumental music to accompany a reception prior to morphing into a party band for dancing later in the evening.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. Our PA system can also be used to patch the clients playlist during breaks and we can make mics available for speeches if required. Our lighting rig is available to illuminate the band areas and the dance floor. We have additional uplighters for marquees or a dining area as well as the ability to illuminate external features. In all we have 28 seperate programmable LED units with three DMX controllers and all the necessary T-bars, stands and clamps.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes PLI for £5m and PAT certificated equipment.
- How much space do you require?3m × 8m is perfect but we fit all of us into the available space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are always happy to learn and play a couple's choice of First Dance.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We will fit in with the running order of the day. The ideal set length is 50 minutes but we are used to there being some slippage in the timings of even the most meticulously planned occasions. Go with the flow is our watchword!
Live music from the 1960s to the present day. We have an extensive lighting rig for your entire venue and professional instruments and sound systems. We have public liability insurance cover (£5m) and all electrical equipment is PAT certificated.
For weddings we are happy to learn and play the clients' choice of First Dance and we can make microphones available for speeches and our PA system for incidental music.
Come along to a rehearsal on a no-obligation basis!