Soul In The Belfry are a Soul, Funk, Disco and Pop function and party band fit for any occasion, from birthday parties and weddings, to pubs and corporate events.
Founded by Vassilis Lazouras, Martina Ibrahim, Matteo Busti and Filippo Galli in 2016, the four musicians met during their Uni days in London.
The band has played, together and separately as session musicians, in the best locations all around the UK and Europe, including Wembley Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Wimbledon, O2 Arena, OXO Tower, Ronnie Scott’s and many more. This talented bunch has more than 10 years experience studying and playing music, and their musical chemistry is undeniable: their shows are “energetic, entertaining and unforgettable”.
Guaranteed to make your feet move!
Clare Shearwood• Feb. 6, 2017
We're absolutely chuffed that we booked Soul in the Belfry for our wedding. The song choices were perfect and they did a beautiful rendition of a Bob Marley song for our first dance. All of our guests commented on how talented they are and how they brought a fantastic end to the evening!
Ella Raine'• July 9, 2016
This band was incredible! They played at my wedding last July in Cambridge and made us dance from start to finish. I particularly loved their set because I love soul and funk music, but they managed to put some commercial tunes in that they played with their own style, making the set enjoyable by everyone. 5 stars, totally recommended!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soul in the Belfry is a 4 piece pop, soul & funk wedding & event band of the highest quality. Based in London, Soul in the Belfry plays a blend of timeless funk, soul, R&B & disco.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Professional and high quality entertainment for weddings, birthday parties, corporate and festive events, catered specifically for your individual requirements.
- Who are your previous clients?The band has played, together and separetly as session musicians, in the best locations all around the UK and Europe, including Wembley Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Wimbledon, O2 Arena, OXO Tower, Ronnie Scott’s and many more.
- How can event planners pay for your services?In order to book the band we ask for a 20% non-refundable deposit of the total amount to secure the booking, with the remaining balance of the payment due in full a minimum of 7 days before the performance date. All payments must be made via bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?Our usual set is 2 hours (2 x 1 hour or 3 x 40 minutes) with a 30 minutes break in between. If you require a longer performance, we can perform for up to 3 hours for an additional fee.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we have all the equipment needed for the performance.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We do indeed, up to £ 10,000,000. All of our equipment has been PAT tested as well.
- How much space do you require?Ideally we require a level stage with dimensions of 4.5m in length by 3.5m in depth for the 4-piece setup. The size required will increase for the larger band setup. A stage is necessary for health and safety reasons so that the guests don’t trip over our cables and to avoid our equipment getting damaged if it was at ground level.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Indeed we can! We accept up to 3 song requests so that you can make sure you will be able to dance to your favourite songs. We also learn and play the first dance song free of charge.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take a 30 minutes break in between sets.
- How early can you arrive and how long does it take to set up?Ideally the band will need 90 minutes to set up and thoroughly soundcheck to ensure the best possible performance. Please ensure that when planning your event, you allow enough time for this, as a decent set up is vital to the band providing you with the best performance possible. Rushed sound checks can mean poor sound, feedback and overlooked issues later on which can ruin the performance all together. Enough time for soundcheck is needed in order to allow the band to focus on delivering a great performance by not having to worry about how they sound out front. Our quote is for a 5pm arrival time, and a set finish time of 12:00pm, but we can also arrive earlier in case the room is only available for set up from 2pm – 4pm for example, and/or we can finish playing later for an additional fee.
- Are you able to play background music?Of course. We have a few different options for this. We can either offer a Pop Trio set up that would include guitar, cajon and lead vocalist, playing a compilation of Pop and Soul tunes, or we can offer a Lounge Trio set up that would include guitar, bass and lead vocals, playing a compilation of smooth Jazz, Lounge and Soul music. Alternatively we can offer a 2-piece set up (guitar and lead vocals), playing a collection of soft Jazz, Blues, Soul and R&B.
- How much in advance should I book?It is better that you book as far in advance as possible. We accept bookings anywhere from 2 years up to 1 month in advance.
- What happens if one of you falls ill on the day of the event or can't make it?Although the members you see displayed on this site are the musicians that work for the band full time, we work closely with a good selection of the highest quality musicians right across the country. We have official, rehearsed, ‘deps’ or understudies who are ready to stand in at the last minute should an emergency occur, and we can guarantee that the standard of the band will not falter should this be the case.
- Do we need to provide the band with food and drinks?We kindly ask of our clients to provide the members of the band and crew food and drinks during the night, and when possible, a room for us at the venue in order to change, eat and spend time before our performance. We don’t expect a three course meal, and we don’t drink on the job, but please consider the journey time we have taken to get to you, and the fact that once we arrive at the venue it’s all systems go with set up, soundcheck and performances without a minute to spare.
Think – Aretha Franklin
Respect – Aretha Franklin
I Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers
Kissing My Love - Bill Withers
Use Me – Bill Withers
Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Summertime – George Gershwin
Just The Two Of Us – Grover Washington, Jr.
A.b.c. – Jackson 5
Blame It On The Boogie – Jackson 5
It’s Your Thing - Isley Brothers
Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson
You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
Ain’t No Mountain – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye
Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
Hard To Handle – Otis Reading
Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
Master Blaster (Jammin’) – Stevie Wonder
Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Master Blaster – Stevie Wonder
Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
For Once In My Life – Stevie Wonder
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
I Wish – Stevie Wonder
Just Kissed My Baby - The Meters
Cissy Strut - The Meters
Sex Machine - James Brown
Give It Up Or Turn It Loose - James Brown
Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag - James Brown
Pass The Peas - James Brown
Shake Everything You Got - Maceo Parker
Put It Where You Want It - Average White Band
Pick Up The Pieces - Average White Band
Person To Person - Average White Band
Good Times – Chic
Le Freak – Chic
Upside Down – Diana Ross
We Are Family - Sisters Sledge
Best Of My Love – The Emotions
Sunny - Boney M
Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
Street Life – Randy Crawford
Relight My Fire - Dan Hartman
Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
Car Wash – Rose Royce
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
So Excited - Pointer Sisters
Ladies Night - Kool And The Gang
Get Down On It - Kool And The Gang
Celebration - Kool And The Gang
Jungle Boogie - Kool And The Gang
Rock With You – Michael Jackson
P.y.t. (Pretty Young Thing) – Michael Jackson
The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
Shake Your Body Down To The Ground – Michael Jackson
Stomp - The Brothers Johnson
I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince
Kiss – Prince
Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
Super Lady - Luther Vandross
What Cha’ Gonna Do For Me – Chaka Khan
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
Tell Me Something Good – Chaka Khan
Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
Soul With A Capital S – Tower Of Power
What Is Hip? – Tower Of Power
Only So Much Oil In The Ground – Tower Of Power
U R The Universe - Brand New Heavies
Always There – Incognito
Talkin’ Loud - Incognito
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Empire State Of Mind - Alicia Keys
I Need A Dollar – Aloe Blacc
Mr. Magic – Amy Winehouse
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Wake Me Up - Avicii
Single Ladies - Beyoncè
Crazy In Love - Beyoncè
Love On Top - Beyoncè
No Diggity - Blackstreet
Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars
Finesse - Bruno Mars
Treasure – Bruno Mars
Chunky - Bruno Mars
24k Magic - Bruno Mars
Havana - Camila Cabello
Forget You – Cee Lo Green
Rather Be - Clean Bandit
Adventure Of A Lifetime - Coldplay
Brown Sugar - D’ Angelo
Get Lucky – Daft Punk Ft. Pharell Williams
New Rules - Dua Lipa
Mercy - Duffy
Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
Shape Of You – Ed Sheeran
Sing By - Ed Sheeran
American Boy – Estelle
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
Love Foolosophy – Jamiroquai
Canned Heat – Jamiroquai
Golden - Jill Scott
A Long Walk - Jill Scott
So In Love - Jill Scott
September Song - Jp Cooper
Love Me Again - John Newman
Señorita – Justin Timberlake
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
You’ve Got The Love - Lana Del Rey
Beggin - Madcon
Rude - Magic
Shackles - Mary Mary
Hey Ya - Outkast
Happy - Pharrell
Human (Rudimental Remix) - Rag 'n' Bone Man
Ignition - R. Kelly
Black & Gold - Sam Sparrow
Sweet Lovin' - Sigala
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Shut Up And Dance - Walk The Moon
Can’t Feel My Face - The Weeknd