Soul In The Belfry are a Soul, Funk, Disco and Pop function and party band fit for any occasion, from weddings and birthday parties, to Christmas celebrations and corporate events.
Founded in 2016, the band met during their Uni days in London. They have played, together and separately as session musicians, in some of the finest venues and locations all around the UK and Europe, including Wembley Stadium, Royal Ascot, The Championships Wimbledon, The Ned, Royal Automobile Club, Ronnie Scott’s and many more.
This talented bunch has more than 12 years experience studying and playing music, and their musical chemistry is undeniable: their shows are “energetic, captivating and unforgettable!”.
Guaranteed to make your feet move!
Clare Shearwood• Feb. 6, 2017
We're absolutely chuffed that we booked Soul in the Belfry for our wedding. The song choices were perfect and they did a beautiful rendition of a Bob Marley song for our first dance. All of our guests commented on how talented they are and how they brought a fantastic end to the evening!
Ella Raine'• July 9, 2016
This band was incredible! They played at my wedding last July in Cambridge and made us dance from start to finish. I particularly loved their set because I love soul and funk music, but they managed to put some commercial tunes in that they played with their own style, making the set enjoyable by everyone. 5 stars, totally recommended!!
Services From Soul In The Belfry
7 Piece - Soul In The Belfry - 2 Hours
8 Piece - Soul In The Belfry - 2 Hours
6 Piece - Soul In The Belfry - 2 Hours
4 Piece - Soul In The Belfry - 2 Hours
5 Piece - Soul In The Belfry - 2 Hours
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soul in the Belfry is a 4 piece pop, soul & funk wedding & event band of the highest quality. Based in London, Soul in the Belfry plays a blend of timeless funk, soul, R&B & disco.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Professional and high quality entertainment for weddings, birthday parties, corporate and festive events, catered specifically for your individual requirements.
- Who are your previous clients?The band has played, together and separetly as session musicians, in the best locations all around the UK and Europe, including Wembley Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Wimbledon, O2 Arena, OXO Tower, Ronnie Scott’s and many more.
- How can event planners pay for your services?In order to book the band we ask for a 20% non-refundable deposit of the total amount to secure the booking, with the remaining balance of the payment due in full a minimum of 7 days before the performance date. All payments must be made via bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?Our usual set is 2 hours (2 x 1 hour or 3 x 40 minutes) with a 30 minutes break in between. If you require a longer performance, we can perform for up to 3 hours for an additional fee.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, we have all the equipment needed for the performance.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We do indeed, up to £ 10,000,000. All of our equipment has been PAT tested as well.
- How much space do you require?Ideally we require a level stage with dimensions of 4.5m in length by 3.5m in depth for the 4-piece setup. The size required will increase for the larger band setup. A stage is necessary for health and safety reasons so that the guests don’t trip over our cables and to avoid our equipment getting damaged if it was at ground level.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Indeed we can! We accept up to 3 song requests so that you can make sure you will be able to dance to your favourite songs. We also learn and play the first dance song free of charge.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take a 30 minutes break in between sets.
- How early can you arrive and how long does it take to set up?Ideally the band will need 90 minutes to set up and thoroughly soundcheck to ensure the best possible performance. Please ensure that when planning your event, you allow enough time for this, as a decent set up is vital to the band providing you with the best performance possible. Rushed sound checks can mean poor sound, feedback and overlooked issues later on which can ruin the performance all together. Enough time for soundcheck is needed in order to allow the band to focus on delivering a great performance by not having to worry about how they sound out front. Our quote is for a 5pm arrival time, and a set finish time of 12:00pm, but we can also arrive earlier in case the room is only available for set up from 2pm – 4pm for example, and/or we can finish playing later for an additional fee.
- Are you able to play background music?Of course. We have a few different options for this. We can either offer a Pop Trio set up that would include guitar, cajon and lead vocalist, playing a compilation of Pop and Soul tunes, or we can offer a Lounge Trio set up that would include guitar, bass and lead vocals, playing a compilation of smooth Jazz, Lounge and Soul music. Alternatively we can offer a 2-piece set up (guitar and lead vocals), playing a collection of soft Jazz, Blues, Soul and R&B.
- How much in advance should I book?It is better that you book as far in advance as possible. We accept bookings anywhere from 2 years up to 1 month in advance.
- What happens if one of you falls ill on the day of the event or can't make it?Although the members you see displayed on this site are the musicians that work for the band full time, we work closely with a good selection of the highest quality musicians right across the country. We have official, rehearsed, ‘deps’ or understudies who are ready to stand in at the last minute should an emergency occur, and we can guarantee that the standard of the band will not falter should this be the case.
- Do we need to provide the band with food and drinks?We kindly ask of our clients to provide the members of the band and crew food and drinks during the night, and when possible, a room for us at the venue in order to change, eat and spend time before our performance. We don’t expect a three course meal, and we don’t drink on the job, but please consider the journey time we have taken to get to you, and the fact that once we arrive at the venue it’s all systems go with set up, soundcheck and performances without a minute to spare.
CLASSIC FUNK, SOUL & MOTOWN
A.B.C. – Jackson 5
Blame It on the Boogie – Jackson 5
Put It Where You Want It – Average White Band
Pick Up the Pieces – Average White Band
Person to Person – Average White Band
Give Me The Night – George Benson
It’s Your Thing – Isley Brothers
Give It Up or Turn It Loose – James Brown
Get Up Offa That Thing – James Brown
Sex Machine – James Brown
Pass the Peas – James Brown
Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag – James Brown
Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
Good Times – Chic
Le Freak – Chic
Street Life – Randy Crawford
Best of My Love – The Emotions
I Say a Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
Respect – Aretha Franklin
Think – Aretha Franklin
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
Celebration – Kool and the Gang
Jungle Boogie – Kool and the Gang
Get Down on It – Kool and the Gang
Got To Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
Let’s Get It on – Marvin Gaye
What’s Going on – Marvin Gaye
Heard It Through the Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
Relight My Fire – Dan Hartman
I Wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
Talkin’ Loud – Incognito
Always There – Incognito
Move On Up – Curtis Mayfield
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
P.Y.T. – Michael Jackson
Rock With You – Michael Jackson
Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
Shake Your Body Down to the Ground – Michael Jackson
Love Never Felt So Good – Michael Jackson
The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
What Cha’ Gonna Do for Me – Chaka Khan
Tell Me Something Good – Chaka Khan
Just Kissed My Baby – The Meters
Shake Everything You Got – Maceo Parker
Soul with a Capital S – Tower of Power
Only So Much Oil in the Ground – Tower of Power
What is Hip? – Tower of Power
Kiss – Prince
All Night Long – Lionel Richie
Hard to Handle – Otis Reading
Upside Down – Diana Ross
Car Wash – Rose Royce
So Excited – Pointer Sisters
We Are Family – Sisters Sledge
Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
Ain’t No Mountain – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Proud Mary – Tina Turner
Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
Super Lady – Luther Vandross
Just the Two of Us – Grover Washington, Jr.
Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
Use Me – Bill Withers
Kissing My Love – Bill Withers
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Sir Duke – Stevie Wonder
Signed, Sealed, Delivered – Stevie Wonder
For Once in My Life – Stevie Wonder
Master Blaster – Stevie Wonder
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
I Wish – Stevie Wonder
Do I Do – Stevie Wonder
MODERN SOUL & POP
Brown Sugar – D’Angelo
Rather Be – Clean Bandit
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
Seven Nation Army – Ben L'Oncle Soul
Crazy in Love – Beyoncè
I Need a Dollar – Aloe Blacc
No Diggity – Blackstreet
Havana – Camila Cabello
One Dance – Drake
Mercy – Duffy
American Boy – Estelle
Forget You – Cee Lo Green
I Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You – Lauryn Hill
Canned Heat – Jamiroquai
Love Foolosophy – Jamiroquai
Cosmic Girl – Jamiroquai
Seven Days in Sunny June – Jamiroquai
This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
New Rules – Dua Lipa
One Kiss - Dua Lipa
Beggin – Madcon
Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
Locked out of Heaven – Bruno Mars
Finesse – Bruno Mars
Treasure – Bruno Mars
Chunky – Bruno Mars
24k Magic – Bruno Mars
This Love – Maroon 5
Shackles – Mary Mary
Hey Ya – Outkast
Finally - CeCe Peniston
Happy – Pharrell
Waiting All Night - Rudimental
Golden – Jill Scott
Sing – Ed Sheeran
Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
Thinking out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Black & Gold – Sam Sparrow
Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
Señorita – Justin Timberlake
Rock Your Body – Justin Timberlake
No Scrubs – TLC
Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
Get Lucky – Daft Punk Ft. Pharell Williams
Rehab – Amy Winehouse
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
A Night in Tunisia
Agua de Beber
Ain’t no Sunshine
All of Me
All the Things You Are
Cheek to Cheek
Fly Me To The Moon
Garota de Ipanema
Georgia On My Mind
In A Sentimental Mood
It Don’t Mean a Thing if it Ain’t Got That Swing
Lullaby of Birdland
Moon Over Bourbon Street
Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
Stand By Me
Why Don’t You Do Right