Sonore String Quartet
Award winning professional string duo, trio or quartet available for corporate and private events as well as weddings. We have been working together in different orchestras, chamber music groups and as freelance musicians for nearly 20 years before forming Sonore String Quartet and we believe that this shows in our playing. We love what we do and look forward to discussing your event with you.
Kathy• 18 May 2019
Sonore strings were one of the biggest highlights of our wedding. Communication leading up to the event were always immediate. They were able to put together special requests and most importantly played absolutely perfectly on the day. So much so it made the bride (me) cry and we received several comments from our friends and family that the strings made the ceremony so special. The guys were so flexible before and during the day, a dream to work with. Very highly recommend!!
Fran• 5 Apr 2019
They were amazing, they played all the music that I chose, it was like dream. I really recommend Sonore String quartet.
Alexander Devine Children’s Charity• 25 Jul 2019
“Sonore String Quartet joined us at our recent Moat Garden Party at Windsor Castle. They helped create such a beautiful atmosphere, and their broad range of music meant that there was something for all tastes. Despite it being the hottest day of the year, Kathryn, Neil and Giles were a pleasure to host, and the whole booking and communication process was so easy. Many of our guests commented on how wonderful the music was, and our esteemed hosts were equally as impressed!”
Hibiscus Ceremonies• 5 Apr 2019
Beautiful music played for yesterdays wedding at Clearwell Castle by such lovely friendly musicians too. It was such a pleasure to meet you
Anna• 4 May 2019
Sonore String Quartet performed at our wedding on Saturday 4th May 2019 in Shrewsbury and we couldn’t be happier!They played as our guests arrived, the ceremony and reception drinks. From the initial enquiry we were extremely happy with the personal service we received from Kathryn, responses were helpful and quick - even when we were delayed ourselves. We took a while to decide on our song choices, but Kathryn and the rest of the group were very accommodating and played ...a huge range of style...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Awarding winning, professional string quartet who love what they do and making events a real ‘occasion’
- What are the highlights of your career?We have so many as we have been professional musicians for so long. We love seeing our clients tapping their feet and having a ‘boogie’ as we play and big smiles on the faces of our clients as we play a song they’ve requested.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We love working with clients on their music choices in the lead up to their event. We have a huge repertoire list of over 650 songs and will also arrange pieces for you if we don’t have them
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We work at any type of formal or informal events including parties, formal evening events and weddings.
- Who are your previous clients?We have worked for numerous clients including large corporations and families.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Please contact us - we are usually paid via bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?We can play for anything from a ceremony, drinks reception or as background music for a meal.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We don’t use this equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI up to £10 million. We don’t use any electrical equipment.
- How much space do you require?We usually need 8ft by 8ft for a quartet and less for a trio or duo
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes - one of our players will arrange it for you provided we can find sheet music.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would usually take a quick break at a convenient point - perhaps during a relocation or during speeches.
Our repertoire list is always being added to and our personnel can even arrange things that we don’t already have