Award winning professional string duo, trio or quartet available for corporate and private events as well as weddings. We have been working together in different orchestras, chamber music groups and as freelance musicians for nearly 20 years before forming Sonore String Quartet and we believe that this shows in our playing. We love what we do and look forward to discussing your event with you.
Anne• 19 Apr 2019
Just wanted to say thank you for organising the very memorable music for our wedding on 6 April. Everyone complimented both Giles's playing in the church and the trio in the pub - sadly we missed them in The Rosendale as we went to have some photos taken nearby but I will never forget Giles playing Pachelbel's Canon as I walked down the aisle and also the two Elgar tunes. I know our guests enjoyed the trio in The Rosendale very much.
Fran• 5 Apr 2019
They were amazing, they played all the music that I chose, it was like dream. I really recommend Sonore String quartet.
Kathy• 18 May 2019
Sonore strings were one of the biggest highlights of our wedding. Communication leading up to the event were always immediate. They were able to put together special requests and most importantly played absolutely perfectly on the day. So much so it made the bride (me) cry and we received several comments from our friends and family that the strings made the ceremony so special. The guys were so flexible before and during the day, a dream to work with. Very highly recommend!!
Hibiscus Ceremonies• 5 Apr 2019
Beautiful music played for yesterdays wedding at Clearwell Castle by such lovely friendly musicians too. It was such a pleasure to meet you
- What are the highlights of your career?We have so many as we have been professional musicians for so long. We love seeing our clients tapping their feet and having a ‘boogie’ as we play and big smiles on the faces of our clients as we play a song they’ve requested.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would usually take a quick break at a convenient point - perhaps during a relocation or during speeches.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes - one of our players will arrange it for you provided we can find sheet music.
- How much space do you require?We usually need 8ft by 8ft for a quartet and less for a trio or duo
- Who are your previous clients?We have worked for numerous clients including large corporations and families.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Please contact us - we are usually paid via bank transfer.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have PLI up to £10 million. We don’t use any electrical equipment.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We don’t use this equipment.
- How long do you play for?We can play for anything from a ceremony, drinks reception or as background music for a meal.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We work at any type of formal or informal events including parties, formal evening events and weddings.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We love working with clients on their music choices in the lead up to their event. We have a huge repertoire list of over 650 songs and will also arrange pieces for you if we don’t have them
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Awarding winning, professional string quartet who love what they do and making events a real ‘occasion’
Our repertoire list is always being added to and our personnel can even arrange things that we don’t already have