Simon the Sax
I play tenor, alto and soprano saxophones, using high quality backing tracks and provide background music for Wedding & Corporate Drinks Receptions in and around Northamptonshire. I also play saxophones in a Duo with Coventry based Guitar/Vocalist Dave Nicholls. We play classic Pop/Soul/R&B covers and are available to book here on Poptop under the name of "Nicholls & Simes".
- How long do you play for?Up to 2 hours in sets of: 1. Up to 60 minutes without a break. 2. 90 Minutes (2 X 45 Minutes with a short break between sets) 3. 120 minutes (3 x 40 minute sets with a short break between sets)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA which is designed for performance up to 80 people (Roland BA330)
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance up to £1 million
- How much space do you require?As a solo performer playing over backing tracks I need very little space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, if your favourite tune is not already in my repertoire I am happy to learn it, subject to the availability of a suitable backing track and having enough time before the event. This will be confirmed and quoted for on a case by case basis.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Where I am playing 2 x 45 or 3 x 40 minute sets I will take a short break of approximately 10 to 15 minutes between sets. I am happy to play for up to 60 minutes without a break.
- What instruments do you play?I play Tenor, Alto and Soprano saxophones and will play one, two or all three of these depending on the duration of the event and any customer preference expressed. I can also play flute where appropriate.
Having a very broad repertoire of popular Jazz and Swing favourites, through to Show Tunes and Classic Pop hits means that I am able to cater to audiences with a wide range of ages and am able to tail...