SHENANIGAN – CELTIC & PARTY MUSIC – SCOTTISH & IRISH - SPECIALIZING IN – CEILIDH – TRADITIONAL SONGS & TUNES
Shenanigan are a Sussex based traditional folk party band, known for warm & friendly live stage shows.
Having both Irish and Scottish members we cover authentically cover Irish or Scottish songs as well as instrumental jigs and reels.
If you would like a Barn Dance/Ceilidh at your function we can provide this complete with Caller & Musicians. The Band play traditional as well as modern instruments for a selection of fast & slow Country Dances.
The full line up is a quartet but we also play as duos or trios if this line up suits the event.
£10,000,000 Public Liability Insurance
Andy early• 30 Jun 2018
"What a great night - band was great very friendly and asked us to submit any requests prior to party which we did. We had family over from Ireland at the party and even they agreed that the band were fabulous - praise indeed!
Thanks Shenanigans for making the evening very special."
Sean O'Doherty• 15 Apr 2019
Shenanigan were absolutely amazing & made sure we gave our dad the send off he deserved... Would definitely hire again!!
Rebecca Williamson• 22 Sep 2018
Great communication from the band from the outset. I couldn't recommend them enough, I had them for the evening entertainment at my wedding and they were a great hit! Everyone got up and danced, it was such fun and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for an amazing evening!
James O'Sullivan• 27 Oct 2018
Excellent ceilidh band and hassle free to deal with. We hired Shenanigan for our wedding, they were really good at getting everyone involved and all had a great time. We also took the option of the DJ package so we could play our own music between sets. They added to making it a thoroughly enjoyable day for everyone and I couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Beatrice Hubert-Price• 6 Apr 2019
Shenanigan was the perfect band for my 50th party. They were very good at bringing people to the dance floor and at keeping people entertained. I, and my friends, had such a lovely evening laughing and dancing. Thanks to Simon, David and co for a fantastic evening. Béa
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally we play two sets of 60 minutes with one break of 20 minutes. This is flexible and sometimes three sets are required, or a longer break while a couple cuts a cake. Every event is individual and we will do our best to cater for this.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance of £10.000,000 All equipment is fully PAT tested
- How long do you play for?We are flexible regarding sets. The average would be two hour long sets with a break between. Starting with two hours of ceilidh followed by our own disco is very popular. All events are different and we are open too discussion regarding timings
- How can event planners pay for your services?We are interested in either direct bookings or from event planners
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We entertain at Weddings, Parties and Functions, both indoor and out door.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Shenanigan feature musicians from Ireland, Scotland and England making a spicy Celtic mix. We can provide both Irish and Scottish entertainment with authenticity.
- How much space do you require?Every event is different and we have happily played large stages to small rooms. the best parties can be the squashed ones!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With notice our band can play most music
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Shenanigan have a top of the range PA system that can also be used for DJing When providing the DJ part of an evening we have a high quality sound system with an input that can run from any headphone socket, tablet, phone, iPad etc. Generally it’s much better if customers provide their own playlist which enables them to have total control over the music that is played at functions and weddings
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:SHENANIGAN are a Celtic & Party Band specialising in Irish or Scottish songs, tunes and ceilidh.
Black Velvet Band, Bold O’Donnaghue, Carrickfergus, Danny Boy, Dirty Old Town, Fairytale of New York, Fields of Athenry, Galway Girl, I used to love her, I’ll Tell me Ma, Irish Rover, Leaving of Liver...