Shamira (Carolyne Taylor) is an experienced belly dancer and belly dance teacher who has danced for over 20 years, with 18 years as a belly dance teacher and performer. I teach classes and private students in Yeovil and have taught workshops farther afield. My specialities are Egyptian dancing including veil dance, Egyptian Baladi, Egyptian folk dance and classical Egyptian dance, as well as Turkish dance. I also enjoy dancing belly dance to any music! My style of dance is graceful, fun and family friendly.
Julie Dear• 21 Sep 2019
We really loved our belly dancing class, all the girls really enjoyed it and Shamira was very encouraging with our attempts. Would recommend her
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes
- How long is the act?For performing, 20 minutes or two sets of 15 minutes with 10 minute gap. Dance tuition is usually one hour.
- What music system can you provide and/or do you require?I have a MInirig speaker which works on Bluetooth from my Ipod. It is suitable for small halls and rooms indoors but is not suitable for outdoor events, large halls or places with a lot of noise. I will require a socket to plug the Ipod into. If your event is outside, in a large hall or in a place with noise you will need to provide a music system which I can plug the Ipod into or connect it with Bluetooth. If you have a DJ they may be able to obtain the tracks which I require.
- How would you like to be paid?I would like to be paid the remainder of the fee after the deposit either with cash before I dance or with Paypal 24 hours beforehand.
- What are your changing/space for belongings requirements?For performances, I will need a private, clean place to change into costume and a safe, secure place to store my belongings.
- How will you be travelling?I will either be using public transport or be driven by a friend.
Hen parties, weddings, birthday parties, fetes, nursing homes and corporate events. You have the option of joining in (I can provide some hip scarves to borrow) if you wish. No all male parties please...