Second City Soul
Second City Soul is a Midlands soul and funk party band! Playing classic and contemporary soul, funk and R&B, they guarantee to provide a highlight to your special event that stays long in the memory!!
The band have high profile experience with members having toured and performed the world over. From intimate venues to huge outdoor festival stages this is a band full of talent and soul. Members have supported artists such as Bryan Adams, Beth Rowley, Go West, Funkadelics Mudbone and even Westlife’s Brian McFadden. Most of the band have also showcased in front of top UK recording labels and have a list of prime time media apperances too, having appeared on Top of the Pops, The Old Grey Whistle Test and The Tube.
The band have worked together for over 15 years, spanning projects of various different styles. However it is funk and soul music which has always been the inspiration for the members of this band, no matter which project or band they are playing with. Second City Soul a...
Laura• 9 Dec 2015
“Second city soul are SUPERB! We booked them for our wedding after reading reviews on their website and then seeing them perform at The Jam House in Birmingham. We wanted a band that had a great play list, had phenomenal voices and could keep everyone dancing all night! We got this and more!!! We all had the most amazing time and EVERYONE was on the dancefloor! The feedback from all our friends and family is a true testimony to how fantastic they are! We are literally thrilled that we booked the...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soul, Funk, RnB covers band. Tracks covered from 60's to current chart.
- What are the highlights of your career?We've played for lots of high profile clients such as Birmingham City Football Club, West Bromwich Albion Football Club, Virgin Media, Birmingham Children's Hospital to name but a few.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Male and Female vocals backed by a live band means that set lists can be adapted based on the clientele during the set to create a tailored show. The band also thrive on audience participation and create a great party atmosphere.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We play weddings, birthday parties, corporate events, anniversary parties to mention a few.
- Who are your previous clients?Birmingham City Football Club, West Bromwich Albion Football Club, Virgin Media, Birmingham Children's Hospital
- How can event planners pay for your services?Just book us direct through Poptop as a normal client.
- How long do you play for?Our standard is 2 x 1 hour sets but we can cover 3 x 45 minutes or shorten to 1 x 90 minute sets depending on the clients needs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - we carry our own PA and Lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes - we're fully PAT tested and have current certificates for this and our PLI
- How much space do you require?Generally, 3m x 4m but let us know if you have any questions about the space that you need us to perform in!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Provided we have enough notice (4 wks min) and the track is in keeping with the rest of our set, we'll always try and learn a track when asked.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take one break between the two sets. The break is usually between 15 and 45 minutes long depending on which works best with the clients timings for their event.
- Can I or my guest jump up and sing/play drums/play guitar with you - we're really good!!Unfortunately, we have to decline these types of requests. Our Public Liability Insurance would not cover us for this.
- Do we need to provide food and drink for the band?We ask that soft drinks are provided for us during the course of the event. We also make a polite request that we are catered for in any food arrangements .
1999 – Prince
Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
Can you Feel It – Jackson Five
Got to be real – Gwen McRae
Le Freak – Chic
Car Wash – Rose Royce
You should be dancing – The Bee Gees
I want you back - Jackson 5...