Sam Lyon is an established musician currently based between Bedford and Cheshire. With a vast repertoire of cover material spanning 5 decades, and 10 years of experience performing in a variety of settings, from small cafes to football stadiums, Sam is a highly professional performer who can cater her set to suit any audience. Also a singer-songwriter in her own right, Sam is an unsigned artist who prides herself on reaching her biggest achievements entirely independently. Placing 2nd in the Best In Music Awards 2019, Sam's success is now being recognised around the country. Gigging around the UK and Europe since the tender age of 14, Sam has a reputation of being a prolific performer, averaging 250-300 shows every year. Having recently supported several big names in music, including X Factor winner, Matt Cardle, Sam has also completed three successful UK tours, with her latest tour boasting an impressive 24 dates with numerous sold out shows around the country. Her entire discography, including three EPs and numerous singles, have all been picked up by radio stations internationally, and by the age of 24, Sam has reached #1 on the Tradiio Global Charts, #1 on Round Sound Radio, and has received acknowledgement from various international radio stations.
Mark Brown• Sept. 28, 2019
Absolutely brilliant! Sam sang through a dinner which is never easy, her performance was first class and well received by everyone on the evening. Thank you Sam
Alex Brown• Dec. 1, 2018
Sam Lyon has always been extremely professional and friendly when we have booked her for performances. From start to finish she has been very communicative and thorough, arrives on time prepared and needs little to no instruction which makes her extremely easy to work with. Sam combines her professionality with her friendly, bubbly personality to provide a smooth, easy booking service and we have never had any issues keeping in touch or with the booking process in general. As well as providing a great service, Sam is also an interesting and captivating performer who wowed our audiences supporting The Wonder Stuff’s Miles Hunt at our second annual Knutsford Music Festival in June 2018. We dove at the chance to book her again for our Christmas Events and will definitely continue to approach Sam for future events. I find her dedication to her brand and business very impressive and Sam undoubtedly works extremely hard. I would not hesitate to recommend Sam Lyon to other event organisers and would definitely book her again in the future.
Paul Howard• Oct. 6, 2018
Sam, you were the perfect addition to our most special day. She nailed our first dance request and we could not have been any happier. All of our guests commented on how amazing she sounded and the contrast of have Sam's stunning voice to welcome our guests against the full live band we had later worked perfectly. We can not recommend Sam enough. Thank you for everything Sam, you made our day even more perfect.
Lizi and Andy• Sept. 8, 2018
Sam performed at our wedding reception at Sandbach Town Hall in September. She was so helpful in assisting with our song choices on the run up to our wedding, even learning a new song for our first dance. On the day Sam was professional during her performance and we really appreciate how accommodating she was whilst working around our photographs and speeches. Sam played beautifully and the variety of songs in her set meant that there was something for everyone to sing along to. Her performance during our first dance was a moment we will never forget. Thank you Sam - we can't wait to hear you sing again!
Ungoo & Lee• Aug. 26, 2017
I hired Sam for my wedding at Northcote Manor on 26th August. I haven't got enough words to describe how fantastic she was. Everyone was so impressed they wanted her details, including the hotel! From the beginning she was professional, friendly and so accommodating - even learning songs for us that weren't on her playlist. If you hire Sam you will not be disappointed. I listened to one song and knew I had to have her. Thank you Sam for being part of the team that made our day so perfect!
Chris & Sera Sumser• Aug. 11, 2017
Sam played two brilliant acoustic sets at our wedding. We were fortunate that the weather was kind to us and Sam played out on the terrace. Her voice carried beautifully across the terrace and it created a great atmosphere for the early evening drinks and mingling. We spoke with Sam regularly in the build up to the wedding and even though she has a vast repertoire to call upon, she agreed to master a song, (at short notice), which we both really appreciated! Sam’s last song was our ‘'first dance’' which was performed beautifully. Given the quality of Sam’s voice she is very reasonably priced and she was always quick to respond to queries as and when they popped up.
Services From Sam Lyon
Wedding Ceremony - 1 Hour
Commercial/Private Event - 1.5 Hours
Wedding Drinks Reception - 1.5 Hours
Wedding Ceremony & Drinks Reception
- What kind of events do you usually serve?All types of events and occasions, including weddings, birthdays, parties, corporate events, festivals, and more.
- Who are your previous clients?Warrington Wolves Rugby Club, Warner Leisure Hotels, Pinewood Studios, many more.
- How long do you play for?Usual performance time is 2x45 minutes, but I am happy to play sets from 15 minutes up until 4 hours (with necessary break times).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have two full PA systems, and two smaller amplifiers. I do not have a lighting rig, but for wedding ceremonies and special occasions, I often use a setup of fairylights, white lanterns, and false candles.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I have Public Liability Insurance and all of my equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?Depending on which sound equipment we require for the event, I may require only a small space (e.g. up to 1.5/2 meters) or I may require a larger space for my larger system (up to 3 meters)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, if you tell me your song requests at least 1-2 months in advance of your booking, I will be happy to try and learn them. Please note that I may not be able to do all of your requests, simply due to vocal suitability.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a small break every 45 minutes. Breaks are usually 15 minutes, but if you require me to take a smaller break, I am happy to take 5/10 minutes.
- How far do you travel, and what are your travel expenses?I offer free travel for any events that are within a 30 mile radius of Winsford, Cheshire, or within a 30 mile radius of Kempston, Bedfordshire (I am currently based between both locations). Any travel distance outside of this radius will be charged at 45p per mile, however, I'm happy to negotiate if you are working to a tight budget. If I am booked for an event abroad, I ask that the client covers the costs of the transport. This includes flights/ferries/trains, and transport to and from the airport/ferry port/station.
- What if my event runs over?For events such as weddings, where things can quite often run late or not quite to plan, I usually allow up to 30 minutes of extra playing time for free, to cater for any timing differences. However, if I am required to fill for more than 30 minutes, there will be an added charge of £30.
Sam's repertoire covers a vast amount of genres and eras, from 60s classics by the likes of The Monkees and Elvis Presley, to 2000s hits by Jessie J, Meghan Trainor and R Kelly. Sam puts her own twist on each song to make them memorable and mesmerising. She also offers the opportunity for her clients to build their own setlist based on her repertoire list, and is also happy to take requests in advance.