Ryan Andeson - Piper
My name is Ryan Anderson and I have been playing bagpipes since the age of 9. I have experience playing the bagpipes as both a soloist and in pipe bands. I am also a Chanter & Bagpipe Tutor within schools in my local area.
Throughout my time I have played at an many weddings and high profile engagements including :
• The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle in 2015 – 2019 (5 appearances)
• The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Sydney (2019_
• Piping for HM The Queen at Balmoral Castle, Piping for HRH Prince Charles & William at Holyrood Palace.
• Other events i have played at include; The Basel Christmas Tattoo in Switzerland, Musikfest der Bunderswehr in Dusseldorf, other performances in Prague, France, Shanghai and London and at Menin Gate in Ypres.
I am currently a member of the Pipers Trail, with its aim of connecting the pipers of the world, Pipers Trail was developed by The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo as a way of bringing pipers and drummers from across the globe together, to form a house band.
Whatever the event, be it a wedding, funeral, party, Burn's night celebration or gala dinner the bagpipes always add a touch of style and prestige; leaving your guests with lasting memories. With every detail tailor-made to your own requirements you can be assured of a professional and personal service. I can play traditional Scots and Irish music, favourite melodies or even requests.
Very competitive Rates, just drop me a line and although I am based in the North of Scotland, i am happy to travel anywhere to your event.
Sarah Lee• Sept. 21, 2019
Excellent, professional service. Guests loved it, Ryan went out of his way to make it a special day for us. Highly recommend.
Wedding• July 7, 2018
Friendly, flexible and reliable! Ryan piped at our wedding and was just brilliant, the family and the guests all enjoyed his playing. It was important for me to be piped down the aisle, and 'Caledonia' sounds great on the pipes! Highly recommend him! Mr & Mrs Mac
Services From Ryan Andeson - Piper
- How long do you play for?Any required time
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?This isn't required for the bagpipes, however if needed it could be arranged!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Not applicable.
- How much space do you require?Enough room to stand comfortably with the bagpipes, a little more room if we're dancing!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! Let me know of any particular tunes you'd like played.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This depends on what you're needing. If i'm at your event for a long time then it might make sense to play sets around 15-20 minutes then come back and do another set when time is suitable. Always very flexible, so whatever works for you!
Playing anything from traditional Scottish tunes to modern songs! At Christmas time it's great to play some Christmas classics to get guests singing!