Rockhoppaz are a five piece band comprising four semi professional musicians and a dedicated sound engineer. We play rock and pop covers (see below) from the 1950s to the present day and can therefore bring a wide range of live music to suit a range of ages and events. As musicians we are: 'Scottish John' on keyboards and vocals, 'Big Ben' on bass, Ian 'Tef' on drums/ percussion and 'Jim' playing guitar and vocals. We are a fun loving outfit and our aim is to make your event memorable and enjoyable for all. Rockhoppaz will provide a dedicated PA system and backing music when the band are not performing together with a range of lights and effects to add atmosphere to your event.
We have played at weddings, corporate events, birthday parties, festivals and many pubs/ clubs and we will willingly share our experiences with you to help with your planning and organisation. Also given an appropriate lead in time we can learn bespoke songs for your events and/or dedicate these as you may w...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We will take a minimum 15minute break between sets but prefer a little longer for equipment check, tuning etc...
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, given enough lead in time we can learn up to 2 songs per event.....it may already be in our extensive back catalogue.
- How much space do you require?We require a minimum of a 4m x 2m area but love to have more. The sound engineer will require a line of sight position to set up the sound desk.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Equipment is PAT tested. We do not hold public liability insurance.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. PA comprises of high quality Mackie SRM450 speakers and Behringer Eorolive floor monitors. Lighting includes large coloured LED spotlights and LED light bars -all of which are controlled by our sound engineer and can be set to sound/light interaction. Our PA can be used by the venue for announcements or speaches.
- How long do you play for?Usually a set lasts between 45 - 60 minutes and during an evening we can play up to three sets.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cheque usually but smaller venues cash sometimes.
- Who are your previous clients?Devizes Beer Festival, Chippenham Beer Festival, weddings in Windsor and Coventry, Wadworth Brewery Devizes.....too many pubs and clubs to mention
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, birthday parties, club annual events, small festivals.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Four semi professional accomplished musicians with their own dedicated sound engineer.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing weddings and helping to make a very special day even better.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Rock and pop covers live band
An example of the songs we can play for you caninclude:
Sex on Fire, Dakota, Rebel Yell, Brown Sugar, Bohemian Like You, Rain, Caroline, Rocking in the free Wprld, JohnnyB. Goode, Route 66, Midnight ...