Rio Brass was founded in 2018 with the intention of bringing the tradition of Carnival Blocos to London. Every year thousands gather in Rio streets and clubs to celebrate Carnival and to listen and party to the music of the many different Blocos "street bands" that the city has to offer. With that in mind, trumpeter and founder of Rio Brass Gabriel Dias, who is originally from Rio and has studied music at the Juilliard School in New York created the group by arranging and rehearsing popular songs from both the UK and Brazil. Rio Brass has the mission to honour the Bloco tradition of celebrating music and life in Europe. Viva o Carnaval!
Natalie Diggle• 18 Aug 2018
It really was an amazing evening, would happily book you again for future events!
Stephanie Power• 18 May 2019
@Rio Brass - You were amazing! Thank you for making mine and Simon's wedding day exactly how we had hoped- if you are thinking about booking these guys, make sure you do- they are great, spread the word!!!
Lorenza de Paola• 18 Aug 2018
Great energy, amazing music and so much fun!!!
Cindy Towers• 27 Jul 2019
Thank you for the wonderful performance on Saturday, the guests loved every moment of it, please pass on our compliments to the rest of the band.
Jo Yeeles• 11 May 2019
"Thanks for an incredible performance. You guys were everything we hoped for and more.
I've already received lots of requests to have you back!"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Brass Band that combines Brazilian rhythms with Pop Music from all over the world.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing in Capri, Italy in August of 2018
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Brazilian Rhythms
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate, Festivals, Birthday Parties and Outside Events
- How long do you play for?2 sets of 40 minutes
- How much space do you require?Stage to fit either 4 players including full drum kit or 7 players, depending on the booking.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If requests are made in advance we should be able to add your favourite song to our growing song list which already includes lots of songs that make people get up and dance!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break of at least 20 minutes
• Shape of You - Ed Sheehan
• Sexual Healing - Hot 8 Brass Version
• Despacito - Luis Fonsi
• Girl From Ipanema - Tom Jobim
• Set Fire to the Rain – Adele
• Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
• God Only knows –...