RetroChic are the top Disco Party Showband in the South West. This 6-pc power-house band is based in Somerset and is available to perform across the UK at live music venues, festivals, weddings and private functions.
They've entertained audiences in Hampshire, Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire, Sussex, Surrey, London, Oxfordshire, Gloucester, Wales and beyond.
Make an enquiry now to ask about the fabulous RetroChic band performing at your event - you and your guests will be delighted that you did!
Services From RetroChic
6 Piece Band With Two Female Vocalists - 2 x 60 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We're the South West's premier disco showband, consisting of 6 experienced and talented musicians who love playing the music of the disco era that guaranteed to get people up dancing
- What are the highlights of your career?Every show we play is a highlight in its own right, but weddings are a particular favourite of ours.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?All the numbers performed by RetroChic are ones we love playing and that have proved their worth with our audiences. We don't simply play the same songs as performed by other covers bands, we love each and every song we play.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events and private parties
- Who are your previous clients?Institute of Highway Engineers, Notts Industries, Cooper UK, Trapeze Group
- How long do you play for?We offer a 2 x 60 minute standard package (see details). We also perform 3 x 60 minute sets, the timings of which are by arrangement with the client
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lights are included. We also have a haze machine which is provided (where permissible) free of charge
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We do. All our equipment is PAT tested and a PLI certificate can be provided on request
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will do our best to accommodate a request if a particular song is not on our playlist, however we ask that notice is given at the time of booking if this is required.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For a 2 x 60 minute set, we take a 15 minute break. 3 x 60 minute sets we take two 20 min breaks
The Band will provide a full PA system and the musical equipment required. Stage lighting will also be provided and where permissible, a smoke machine may be used during the performance to enhance the lighting effects. The band can provide a curated playlist of tracks to be played prior to and during breaks in the performance. Use of the PA system for general announcements is possible by prior arrangement. The band has a Public Liability Insurance cover of £1,000,000 and will provide certificate for venues as required.
A sample of tracks from the RetroChic repertoire:
Thinking of You - Sister Sledge
Lost in Music - Sister Sledge
Dance Dance Dance - Chic
Spacer - Sheila B Devotion
Everybody Dance - Chic
Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
Upside Down - Diana Ross
I Wish - Stevie Wonder
Ain't No Stopping Us - MacFadden & Whitehead
Turn the Music Up - Players Association
Grooveline - Heatwave
Blame it on the Boogie - Jacksons
Let's Go Round Again - Average White Band
Le Freak - Chic
Chic Cheer - Chic
Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge
Disco Inferno - Trammps
I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
You To Me Are Everything - Real Thing
And The Beat Goes On - The Whispers
Do I Do? - Stevie Wonder
Stomp - Brothers Johnson
'Aint Nobody - Rufus + Chaka Khan
Car Wash - Rose Royce
Should've loved Ya - Narada Michael Walden
My Forbidden Lover - Chic
September - Earth Wind & Fire
We Are Family - Sister Sledge
Good Times - Chic
Boogie Nights - Heatwave
Get Down Tonight - K.C & The Sunshine Band
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Staying Alive - Bee Gees
Night Fever - Bee Gees
Give Me The Night - George Benson