Rebekah and Graham Steel Pan Duo are a performance music duo, who are part of Sussex Steel, a West Sussex charity that provides education in the art of steel pan. We are passionate about spreading joy through the evocative sound of steel pans and bring fun and friendship to every performance. We have a wide and ever-expanding repertoire, providing beautiful contemporary music for parties, weddings, corporate events and many other occasions.
Simon Minchin• 1 Jun 2019
Graham & Rebekah kept great communication from beginning of booking to the end. They were super flexible in terms of timings and location & with typical wedding ceremony delays they played much longer than originally planned. Graham even managed to get the younger ones involved with a bit of pan tuition! The set up was perfect under their gazebo.
All in all a great day was made better with their rhythmic steel sounds in the sunshine. The bride was so grateful & so were we. Thanks guys for a gr...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?15 minute breaks usually, we are flexible depending on your event
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes quite possibly given suitable notice.
- How much space do you require?Approx 3 metres square
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have public liability insurance.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No, we are an acoustic act.
- How long do you play for?Generally 3 x 30 minute sets
- How can event planners pay for your services?By bank transfer or cash
- Who are your previous clients?A wide range of private individuals, corporate events with Sussex Steel include Virgin and Brighton Fringe
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private parties, wedding receptions, events both indoor and out, fundraisers, charity events
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are two friends who love playing steel pan and sharing that fun with anyone who wants to listen. We make a real effort to connect with each client to make it a special, memorable occasion. Our aim is to make the world a happier, friendlier place, one gig at a time!
- What are the highlights of your career?The big events are always great, like playing in Rotterdam Carnival with Sussex Steel, parading the streets on a float for five hours! But genuinely, the most memorable events are ones where we really connect with the client and these are often the smaller private parties in peoples homes.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a steel pan duo, playing relaxed contemporary tunes.
Our set mainly consists of contemporary covers, played in a relaxed style. A full set list is available on request, but includes:
Lovely Day, Bill Withers
Hold My Hand, Jess Glynne