“Price Of My Pig (a great name for a band) come from the North West England in the UK… a high octane folk/funk dance band who like to bring a little more life and energy to your average ceilidh, by introducing rhythms from disco, reggae, funk, afrobeat, ska into their mix of Irish, English and European folk tunes.” Folk Roots Radio
“Top of the list when we are booking bands for next year. Hopefully we will see you at some of the larger festivals soon.” Phoenix Ceilidhs
The ‘POMP’ Ceilidh Band, with their driving beats and memorable melodies, are well received at weddings, corporate and private events as well as festivals, both with and without a dance caller. Energetic, exciting and exhilarating.
Alexandra• April 27, 2019
Played for our wedding reception - fantastic music, really quick communication, even sorted out a last minute first dance for us!! Just an absolutely lovely bunch of guys, would recommend them for any event :-)
Colette Cradock• Jan. 26, 2019
Price of my pig played at my wedding and were absolutely incredible. The whole band were so much fun and got the whole wedding party involved. The band was excellent and evening DJ was perfect. Ben always got back to me very quickly and was so accommodating to all of our requests. Cannot recommend enough!
Penny France• Oct. 6, 2018
"Ben and the rest of the band were absolutely brilliant- from the pre event communication, where Ben was more than happy to answer my queries and make the evening meet my needs, to the actual night where the band were punctual and delivered on all they had promised- really excellent ceiligh playing with a fresh twist and an element of fun! They made my party an absolute blast- everyone, all ages were up and dancing and the room was full of laughter and smiles! I have received a huge amount of compliments about the quality of the band and atmosphere created from my guests.
I couldn’t recommend Price of my Pig more highly - I can guarantee they will give any event value for money - and if you are looking for the DJ option to extend your event Definitely go off that too.
Thank you so much Ben and the rest of the band.
theresa• Sept. 21, 2018
I booked Ben Farmer and his crew for my 50th birthday party on Friday 21st September and wow what an amazing night.
The atmosphere the music and dancing was creating by Ben and everyone at my party all have said they had a fantastic night and what a fabulous band.
I can’t thank Ben enough for making my birthday such a wonderful party
Thankyou Ben Farmer"
Jonathan Mills, Lancaster University• May 12, 2017
Thanks very much to ‘Price of my Pig’ for playing at the EAUC Conference event at Lancaster University last week. The Ceilidh was excellent and the feedback from delegates was that they thoroughly enjoyed your performance. Many thanks indeed for helping to make a really good evening.
Victoria Grant• June 9, 2017
“Ben and his band provided a hell of a surprise party for my mum’s 60th! Their ability to integrate with our extended friends and family, both in terms of the ‘surprise’ moment, the food and the speeches was superb, and really meant we were able to make it personal to mum. She hasn’t stopped beaming since, and commented that having a ceilidh meant that we could enjoy the dance on our own terms, and also chat to reunited friends and family with some excellent background music. From young to old, everyone had a blast!”
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play for private parties, weddings and community events.
- Who are your previous clients?Outside of the festivals, we mostly play for private clients for weddings, concerts, events and conferences e.g. Lancaster University, Preston Harris Museum, Deco Publique, Mid Pennine Arts, Penrith Winter Droving, More Music and more...
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide professional PA and lighting. Always with an up to date PAT test.
- How much space do you require?The band would prefer a space of 5m by 2m. For safe dancing we would expect no less than 10m by 5m.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We normally play two sets. Our sets normally last between 50 and 75 minutes. We require a 20minute break half-way through.
- What style of music do you offer?“Price Of My Pig (a great name for a band) come from the North West England in the UK… a high octane folk/funk dance band who like to bring a little more life and energy to your average ceilidh, by introducing rhythms from disco, reggae, funk, afrobeat, ska into their mix of Irish, English and European folk tunes.” Folk Roots Radio
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Absolutely - we have learned specific dance and music requests including music for first dances from Disney and Game of Thrones.
- Do you do open-air acts?We are happy to play outdoors.
- Do you include a caller?Absolutely. Our front man, Ben Farmer is an experienced and entertaining caller who will tailor the nights dances to the abilities of the dancers. Suitable for 5 to 85 (although we've had some 90+ year olds dancing to us too...)
We play a variety of original and traditional music with many many names. Our dances include, but are not limited to:
The Gay Gordons
Dashing White Sergeant
Strip the Willow
Four Round Four
Wring out the Dishrag
Cumberland Square Eight
Waves of Tory
Walls of Limerick
Bridge of Athlone
Siege of Ennis
St Bernard's Waltz
Sweets of May
Britania Two Setp
Highland Barn Dance