“Price Of My Pig (a great name for a band) come from the North West England in the UK… a high octane folk/funk dance band who like to bring a little more life and energy to your average ceilidh, by introducing rhythms from disco, reggae, funk, afrobeat, ska into their mix of Irish, English and European folk tunes.” Folk Roots Radio
“Top of the list when we are booking bands for next year. Hopefully we will see you at some of the larger festivals soon.” Phoenix Ceilidhs
The ‘POMP’ Ceilidh Band, with their driving beats and memorable melodies, are well received at weddings, corporate and private events as well as festivals, both with and without a dance caller. Energetic, exciting and exhilarating.
Penny France• 6 Oct 2018
Ben and the rest of the band were absolutely brilliant- from the pre event communication, where Ben was more than happy to answer my queries and make the evening meet my needs, to the actual night where the band were punctual and delivered on all they had promised- really excellent ceiligh playing with a fresh twist and an element of fun! They made my party an absolute blast- everyone, all ages were up and dancing and the room was full of laughter and smiles! I have received a huge amount of com...
theresa• 21 Sep 2018
I booked Ben Farmer and his crew for my 50th birthday party on Friday 21st September and wow what an amazing night.
The atmosphere the music and dancing was creating by Ben and everyone at my party all have said they had a fantastic night and what a fabulous band.
I can’t thank Ben enough for making my birthday such a wonderful party
Thankyou Ben Farmer
Colette Cradock• 26 Jan 2019
Price of my pig played at my wedding and were absolutely incredible. The whole band were so much fun and got the whole wedding party involved. The band was excellent and evening DJ was perfect. Ben always got back to me very quickly and was so accommodating to all of our requests. Cannot recommend enough!
Victoria Grant• 9 Jun 2017
“Ben and his band provided a hell of a surprise party for my mum’s 60th! Their ability to integrate with our extended friends and family, both in terms of the ‘surprise’ moment, the food and the speeches was superb, and really meant we were able to make it personal to mum. She hasn’t stopped beaming since, and commented that having a ceilidh meant that we could enjoy the dance on our own terms, and also chat to reunited friends and family with some excellent background music. From young to old, ...
Emma and Alex• 22 Jul 2017
These guys were just fab as entertainment for our wedding day. When you have a mix of young, old and young at heart, it’s so hard to please everyone, but please everyone they did. With their infectious beats, comedic interludes and toe tapping tunes, Ben and co brought energy, fun and laughter to the dance-floor. The dress code for guests was an optional touch of purple in memory of my mum, and I was really touched that they turned up in purple ties too. What lovely guys! We had a great time boo...
- Do you include a caller?Absolutely. Our front man, Ben Farmer is an experienced and entertaining caller who will tailor the nights dances to the abilities of the dancers. Suitable for 5 to 85 (although we've had some 90+ year olds dancing to us too...)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We normally play two sets. Our sets normally last between 50 and 75 minutes. We require a 20minute break half-way through.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play for private parties, weddings and community events.
- Who are your previous clients?Outside of the festivals, we mostly play for private clients for weddings, concerts, events and conferences e.g. Lancaster University, Preston Harris Museum, Deco Publique, Mid Pennine Arts, Penrith Winter Droving, More Music and more...
- How much space do you require?The band would prefer a space of 5m by 2m. For safe dancing we would expect no less than 10m by 5m.
- What style of music do you offer?“Price Of My Pig (a great name for a band) come from the North West England in the UK… a high octane folk/funk dance band who like to bring a little more life and energy to your average ceilidh, by introducing rhythms from disco, reggae, funk, afrobeat, ska into their mix of Irish, English and European folk tunes.” Folk Roots Radio
- Do you do open-air acts?We are happy to play outdoors.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide professional PA and lighting. Always with an up to date PAT test.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Absolutely - we have learned specific dance and music requests including music for first dances from Disney and Game of Thrones.
We play a variety of original and traditional music with many many names. Our dances include, but are not limited to:
The Gay Gordons
Dashing White Sergeant
Strip the Willow
Four Round Four