Positive Brassitude (+ Brass) is a dynamic five piece brass ensemble playing covers of well known pop, rock, soul, funk and jazz tunes. Unlike most brass quintets our lineup consists of 2 trumpets/flugels, trombone, tuba and tenor saxophone rather than the usual french horn. We feel this gives the group a dynamic contemporary sound more suited to the style of music we play. Formed in late 2017 by Midlands based trumpeter Carl Levoguer, our regular lineup consists of hand-picked musicians from across the Midlands with a diverse range of experience between them from jazz, jump-jive, soul, big band and function bands to orchestral, wind ensemble, military and brass band. Our common aim is to play contemporary tunes like you've never heard them performed before, to the highest possible standard, while having loads of fun!
Daniel Aldridge• Dec. 31, 2018
"If your looking for a brass band, look no further.
I can't recommend this group enough.
I was let down by a local band 2 days before my wedding on new years eve.
After a bit of panicing I came across Positive Brassitude and all my worries were over.
In 2 days they had assembled together and learnt a new song.
Despite never playing the song before they Absolutley nailed it and it was the talk of the wedding.
I can't thank them enough for what they did and their contact and booking was really professional.
Services From Positive Brassitude
Modern Brass Quintet With Sax - 1 x 45 Minutes
Modern Brass Quintet With Sax - 2 x 45 Minutes
Modern Brass Quintet with Sax - Wedding Ceremony
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Top class brass instrumental covers band.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Instead go the usual French Horn, we have a Tenor Sax in our quintet, which gives us a more contemporary sound and flexibility to cover a wider range of songs.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Corporate Events, Private Parties and other special events. Anywhere that wants high quality instrumental music to enhance the occasion.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment of the outstanding deposit is usually arranged via Bank Transfer. Details and T&Cs are provided during the booking process.
- How long do you play for?We are flexible, but being brass players we will need to rest our lips after a certain length of playing duration. A typical set length is 45mins to 1 hour, with short breaks between each tune.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We play acoustically so do not usually play with PA. A well lit performance space of at least 4mx5m is appreciated, although we can provide our own music stand lights if required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have our own Public Liability insurance. A copy of the certificate is available on request.
- How much space do you require?A well lit level space of at least 4mx5m is required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can sometimes accommodate requests for a tune that is not on our repertoire list. Please get in touch to discuss.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would typically like a break of at least 30 mins between 45 minute sets, but are flexible if shorter sets are required for example.
A Thousand Miles Vanessa Carlton
At Last Etta James
Careless Whisper George Michael
Chasing Cars Snow Patrol
How Deep is Your Love Bee Gees
I Wish Stevie Wonder
Just the Two of Us Bill Withers
Just the Way you Are Billy Joel
Mamma Mia Abba
Message in a Bottle The Police
Roar Katy Perry
September Earth Wind and Fire
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay Ottis Reading
Take on Me Aha
The Final Countdown Europe
Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran
Toxic Britney Spears
Uptown Funk Mark Ronson
We Are the Champions Queen
Isn't She Lovely Stevie Wonder
Ghostbusters Ray Parker Jr.
Don't Know Why Nora Jones
Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
I Knew You Were Trouble Taylor Swift
Crocodile Rock Elton John
Faith George Michael
A Closer Walk with Thee Trad.
Sir Duke Stevie Wonder
Find me Somebody to Love Freddie Mercury
All About That Bass Meghan Trainor
I Want You Back Jackson 5
Happy Pharrell Williams
Lady Madonna Lennon & McCartney
Don't Stop Me Now Queen
Havana Camilla Cabello
YMCA Village People
You Raise Me Up Westlife
Get Lucky Daft Punk