Vocal delivery and stage presence are of the utmost importance to Paul, in every performance. His passion for music and song has become the driving force, behind his ambitions.
P.J Stokes' ability to capture an audience is exceptional. His personality & vocal talent is truly amazing. He has a 4 octave range and a powerful high falsetto voice that is second to none. Paul's ability to switch from a "low full vocal" straight into a powerful high falsetto can only be compared with the dulcet tones of such legends like; "The Temptations, The Stylistics, Marvin Gaye, Earth Wind And Fire," and many more from the Soul/ Motown era. This vocal talent, coupled together with his great stage presence has proven to be his trade mark, and is the reason why he is considered to be............
“ONE OF THE VERY BEST VOCAL ENTERTAINERSAROUND TODAY”
Sarah Houlston• Dec. 8, 2019
We booked PJ Stokes for Over 60's Christmas Lunch, he performed to a crowd of 80 residents with a range of songs from different era's. The residents really enjoyed the performance and PJ Stokes stayed later for an encore at the residents request. His voice was great and they would like to see him again
Sarah Houlston• Dec. 7, 2019
We booked PJ Stokes for Over 60's Christmas Lunch, he performed to a crowd of 70 residents with a range of songs from different era's. The residents feedback was that is voice was great and how he hit the different notes, many of them asked for a business card to book again.
Sarah Houlston• Dec. 6, 2019
We booked PJ Stokes for our Over 60's Christmas Lunch, he turned up early to set up around the residents eating. He performed a range of songs from different era's including some classic Christmas songs, he started off with some ballads and then moved to the more up tempo depending on the crowd.
Services From PJ Stokes
Rat Pack Tribute Singer - 70 Minutes
Male Soul/Motown Vocalist - 70 Minutes
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, corporate events, restaurants
- Who are your previous clients?BBC TELEVISION MANCHESTER TOWN HALL (CORPORATE FUNCTIONS) MANCHESTER FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS (ANNUAL CORPORATE FUNCTION) MANCHESTER FASHION AWARDS (ANNUAL CORPORATE FUNCTION) MERE GOLF CLUB CHARITY EVENING ( PERFORMED WITH DAVID SOUL ) HILLCREST HOTEL FORDS SPORTS AND SOCIAL CLUB HALTON TRANSPORT ANNUAL FUNCTION STOBART STADIUM (CORPORATE FUNCTIONS AND NUMEROUS WEDDINGS) TALACRE BEACH COUNTRY CLUB LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS CLUB ARLEY HALL ( CORPORATE FUNCTIONS AND NUMEROUS WEDDINGS) CROWN PLAZA LIVERPOOL (CORPORATE FUNCTIONS AND NUMEROUS WEDDINGS) CROWN PLAZA LIVERPOOL AIRPORT (CORPORATE FUNCTIONS AND NUMEROUS WEDDINGS) LE FROG BISTROS ESPERANTOS RESTAURANT BLUNDELL SANDS GOLF CLUB (NUMEROUS WEDDINGS) LOWRY HOTEL MANCHESTER (CORPORATE FUNCTIONS AND WEDDINGS) CROWN PLAZZA HOTELS LIVERPOOL HILTON HOTEL LIVERPOOL RAMADA HOTEL SOUTHPORT VINCENT HOTEL SOUTHPORT ROYAL CLIFTON HOTEL SOUTHPORT NUMEROUS HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, CORPORATE FUNCTIONS, GOLF CLUBS AND WEDDINGS THROUGHOUT THE UK
- How long do you play for?70 minute set
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?5x12 foot
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?event specific
Typical Set List
NIGHTSHIFT- COMMODORES PAPPA WAS A ROLLING STONE – TEMPTATIONS TRACKS OF MY TEARS – SMOKIE ROBINSON LETS STAY TOGETHER- AL GREEN USED TO BE MY GIRL- THE O JAYS YOU MAKE ME FEEL BRAND NEW- STYLISTICS YOULL NEVER FIND ( ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE )- LOU RAWLS LOVELY DAY- BILL WITHERS MY GIRL- TEMPTATIONS
ALWAYS AND FOREVER- HEATWAVE
IT’S ALRIGHT- SEAL WHEN SHE WAS MY GIRL – THE FOUR TOPS AINT NO STOPPING US NOW- MCFADDEN AND WHITEHEAD ALL NIGHT LONG – LIONEL RITCHIE LOVE TRAIN – THE O JAYS SUPERSTITION- STEVIE WONDER HEAVEN MUST BE MISSING AN ANGEL- TAVARES HOW SWEET IT IS- MARVIN GAYE THE WAY YOU DO THE THINGS YOU DO- TEMPTATIONS GET READY- TEMPTATIONS I CAN’T HELP MYSELF – THE FOUR TOPS NEVER TOO MUCH- LUTHER VANDROSS CAR WASH – ROSE ROYCE THE LOVE I LOST- HAROLD MELVYN SEPTEMBER – EARTH WIND & FIRE DISCO INFERNO- THE TRAMMPS MY FIRST/LAST EVERYTHING HIGHER AND HIGHER – JACKIE WILSON UPTOWN FUNK – BRUNO MARS
DOCK OF THE BAY- OTIS REEDING HURT- MANHATTANS JUST MY IMAGINATION- TEMPTATIONS COULD IT BE IM FALLING IN LOVE- THE SPINNERS STOP TO LOVE- LUTHER VANDROSS IS IT LOVE YOUR AFTER- ROSE ROYCE ILL BE AROUND- THE SPINNERS IM DOING FINE- NEW YORK CITY BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW- STYLISTICS THREE TIMES A LADY- LIONEL RICHIE EARTH WIND AND FIRE MEDLEY MISS GRACE- THE TYMES KNOCK ON WOOD- EDDIE FLOYD NIGHTS ON BROADWAY- CANDI STATON/ THE BEE GEES YOU SHOULD BE DANCING- THE BEE GEES MIDNIGHT HOUR- WILSON PICKETT DRIFTERS MEDLEY MUSTANG SALLY- THE COMMITMENTS DONT LEAVE ME THIS WAY- HAROLD MELVYN DANCE WITH MY FATHER- LUTHER VANDROSS GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE- EARTH WIND AND FIRE GIVE ME THE NIGHT- GEORGE BENSON BALL OF CONFUSION- TEMPTATIONS NOW IS THE TIME- JIMMY JAMES HIGHER GROUND- STEVIE WONDER UP ON THE ROOF- THE DRIFTERS CAN YOU FEEL IT- THE JACKSONS IF YOU DONT KNOW ME BY NOW- HAROLD MELVYN HANG ON IN THERE BABY- JONNY BRISTOL CANT GET BY WITHOUT YOU- THE REAL THING OH GIRL- THE CHI LITES BACKSTABBERS- THE O JAYS KISS AND SAY GOODBYE- THE MANHATTANS BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE- THE JACKSONS ILL BE THERE- MICHAEL JACKSON THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM- LUTHER VANDROSS WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES- MICHAEL MCDONALD THE SNAKE- AL WILSON SWEET FREEDOM- MICHAEL MCDONALD TAKING IT TO THE STREETS- THE DOOBIE BROTHERS (MICHAEL MCDONALD)
YA MO BE THERE- MICHAEL MCDONALD THE CLOSER I GET TO YOU- ROBERTA FLACK / DONNY HATHAWAY FLOAT ON- THE FLOATERS
HOLD BACK THE NIGHT- THE TRAMMPS PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC- WILD CHERRY SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE- LOU RAWLS NEVER LET ME GO- LUTHER VANDROSS LETS GO ROUND AGAIN- AVERAGE WHITE BAND LADYLOVE- LOU RAWLS 25 MILES- EDWIN STARR TREAT HER LIKE A LADY- THE TEMPTATIONS LIKE SISTER AND BROTHER- THE DRIFTERS FEEL LIKE MAKING LOVE- GEORGE BENSON DISCO NIGHTS- GQ HARVEST FOR THE WORLD- THE ISLEYS LOVE T.K.O- TEDDY PENDERGRASS I KEEP FORGETTIN' - MICHAEL MCDONALD YA MO BE THERE - MICHAEL MCDONALD NEVER LET ME GO - LUTHER VANDROSS THE SECOND TIME AROUND - SHALAMAR I’LL GO WHERE YOUR MUSIC TAKES ME - JIMMY JAMES OUT ON THE FLOOR - DOBIE GRAY PENNY LOVER - LIONEL RICHIE THE CLOSER I GET TO YOU- ROBERTA FLACK / DONNY HATHAWAY IF YOU DONT ME BY NOW - HAROLD MELVYN SUMTHIN' SUMTHIN' - MAXWELL ASCENSION - MAXWELL BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE - TASTE OF HONEY WITH THIS RING - THE PLATTERS I'M DOING FINE - NEW YORK CITY LET THE MUSIC PLAY - BARRY WHITE AT LAST - LOU RAWLS AND THE BEAT GOES ON - THE WHISPERS