My Name is Mike Simmons.
I have played solo for many years also with various bands in Essex, London & the home counties. I would be delighted to discuss your event and will accommodate you in any way I can.
Lynne Wales• 14 May 2019
Smart Piper with Good Sounds from the Bagpipes."
Colin Ovenden• 14 Sep 2017
Mike played at my mother's funeral and I must say although it was a sad and emotional day he was absolutely fantastic. Even one of the funeral pull bearers cried and everyone said it was one of the most emotionally charged funerals they had been to which in part was due to Mike. A huge thank you from all our family.
Amy• 3 Apr 2017
Dear Mike, thank you for playing at my grandad's funeral. You sounded amazing and it added that personal touch. everyone commented on how professional you were, looked fantastic in your dress uniform and mostly how great it sounded. Thanks again mike!
Geoffrey Howe, Queens College, Cambridge• 2 Jul 2016
Dear Mike You were tremendous and I have received so many compliments about you – you were a delight to work with – thank you.
Pete Cawley• 31 Dec 2015
"We hired Mike for our son and daughter in laws wedding celebration on New Year's Eve. From the initial contact to the night of the event, Mike was always easy to contact which meant the evening was really easy to organise. Mike was immaculately turned out and his pipe playing first class. He played a large selection of tunes and to top it all he piped the bride and groom into the main hall which was truly fantastic. Mike stayed on to have photo after photo taken with all the guests. A real gent...
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at the Cenotaph, Playing SOLO at the Menin Gate (Ypres), Playing in lorelei to 25,000 people overlooking the Rhine, Playing at the Geostra (Jousting festival) in Sulmona, Italy.
- How long do you play for?upto 2 hrs
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?N/A
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Small area to play in.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If I have time I will learn it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
BBQ’s & Garden Parties
Anything else you may wish
Auld lang syne
Battle of the Somme
Brown haired maiden