Solo Piano / Guitar Accompanist
Pete is a piano player with almost 40 years' experience and is able to perform a wide range of quality live solo piano music at Weddings and Functions or in Restaurants and Bars. Covering many musical genres from classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, standards, rock 'n' roll, pop, rock, soul, indie, T.V. and film music and more, this makes him adaptable to any kind of live music environment. Pete has performed at various hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs around the North West of England.
Pete is also an accomplished guitarist and performed in covers bands for many years playing a wide of range of music. He can also play as part of an electro-acoustic duo/trio, playing piano and guitar together with the accompanying the highly regarded singer, songwriter and guitarist, Tricia McTeague, featuring vocals, guitars and piano/keyboard. This can provide an extremely versatile and flexible musical offering, suitable for any type of event or occasion.
Pete can also perform in a duo with other female vocalists - Anna or Melissa.
Lorraine Waldron• July 10, 2018
Wow, what a difference a pianist makes! Pete was wonderful and his music so, so gorgeous! Pete’s music simply made our day during our wedding breakfast, all our guests were sufficiently wowed.
Tracy Hilton• Jan. 8, 2018
Peter was absolutely fantastic . Nothing was too much trouble for him . He was willing to play all of my song suggestions and helped with ideas for some others. Him playing the piano on our day was magical it was so beautiful . I couldn't recommend him enough.
Sharon Buckley• June 19, 2018
Pete was professional at all times and very accommodating, consulting over the music, offering a rehearsal to a member of the family who was singing during the ceremony and making very helpful suggestions. He has a good repertoire of music suitable for a range of occasions. We really appreciated his contribution to our family event - his music made all the difference to the ceremony and the reception afterwards.
Gibou• May 28, 2018
An excellent performance by Pete at our formal dinner. I will happily recommend Pete to anyone organising a formal military dinner.
Russell Warner• April 30, 2018
Excellent. Good repertoire. Caught the required mood perfectly. Even played a few requests.
Jeff• April 22, 2018
I can only say positive words about Pete. He was professional, punctual and his piano performance was perfect. Before my event we discussed the music and type of setting I was hosting. Pete was professional and experienced, both with his advice and choice of music. He even bought manuscript for the music that I had requested but wasn't in his original repertoire. Upon arrival he was dressed appropriately and during his performance he even played music which some of my guests had suddenly requested. I booked Pete for an hour and he politely played for a little longer. If you are looking for a talented and professional piano player for a wedding or other similar event then I recommend that you contact Pete. He isn't over priced and for my event he was perfect. Thank you Pete.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Highly experienced and versatile pianist for any event
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Versatility - covering almost anything from classical to improvised versions of modern pop songs.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Almost any kind of event is suitable for live piano music, whatever type and however large or small. Digital piano equipment doesn't take up much space and is never instrusively loud. Commonly, Pete is booked for Weddings (ceremonies, drinks reception, wedding breakfast, post wedding breakfast, evening reception), birthdays, retirement parties, engagements, corporate functions etc.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank Transfer
- How long do you play for?Pete can provide solo piano music up to around 3 hours or more if required When working with a singer, a duo or trio would usually provide 2 x 45 minute sets - more by arrangement
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?When performing solo piano engagements, Pete can provide suitable keyboard amplification appropriate to the venue. When performing in a duo with vocals, a PA would be used with lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?For solo piano engagements where Pete provides the digital piano equipment, he would need approximately 3m x 3m, plus power points. For duo engagements, there would naturally be a requirement for a wider space, to accommodate a PA, speakers, guitars, mixing desk etc.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Pete has been playing piano for almost 40 years and is able to perform a very wide variety or music across multiple musical genres including classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, rock ‘n’ roll, rock, soul, pop, Latin, folk, indie, alternative, T.V and film music and so on. His repertoire covers literally thousands of songs from hundreds of years’ worth of music and it is constantly being added to. He can often source the sheet music for any published piece of music. Even where sheet music does not exist, Pete can also create his own arrangement of any tune that has a strong melody and is feasible to play on the piano. If you have any requests for specific songs to be played at a Wedding, Function or other Event, please get in touch with your requirements. Often, it is the case that tunes can be performed with little notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For solo piano performances, minimal breaks would be required. During 2 - 3 hours' play, approximately 15 - 20 minutes break. For duo / vocal performances, one break of at least 15 minutes in between 2 sets would be required.
Pete has been playing piano for over 40 years and is able to perform a very wide variety or music across multiple musical genres including classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, rock ‘n’ roll, rock, soul, pop, Latin, folk, indie, alternative, T.V and film music and so on. His repertoire covers literally thousands of songs from hundreds of years’ worth of music and it is constantly being added to. He can often source the sheet music for any published piece of music. Even where sheet music does not exist, Pete can also create his own arrangement of any tune that has a strong melody and is feasible to play on the piano. If you have any requests for specific songs to be played at a Wedding, Function or other Event, please get in touch with the details.
Tricia has been performing live for over 20 years and her vocal talents can cover plenty of styles from pop, rock, country, soul, blues, jazz, acoustic, electronic, dance music and more. Between Pete and Tricia, Melissa and Anna there is barely a limit to the extent of their musical repertoire capabilities. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements in more detail. Note that the Audio tracks uploaded here were entirely written by Tricia and protected under Copyright Laws.
Both Pete & Tricia use high standard, professional musical equipment, including portable digital pianos, PA/keyboard amplification and various guitars.
Background music or your playlist can be played in between live music sets.