Solo Piano / Guitar Accompanist
Pete is a piano player with almost 40 years' experience and is able to perform a wide range of quality live solo piano music at Weddings and Functions or in Restaurants and Bars. Covering many musical genres from classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, standards, rock 'n' roll, pop, rock, soul, indie, T.V. and film music and more, this makes him adaptable to any kind of live music environment. Pete has performed at various hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs around the North West of England.
Pete is also an accomplished guitarist and performed in covers bands for many years playing a wide of range of music. He can also play as part of an electro-acoustic duo/trio, playing piano and guitar together with the accompanying the highly regarded singer, songwriter and guitarist, Tricia McTeague, featuring vocals, guitars and piano/keyboard. This can provide an extremely versatile and flexible musical offering, suitable for any type of event or occasion.
Madeleine Watkins• 4 Oct 2017
We had a lovely event. Pete's playing was excellent, and really in keeping with the ambiance of the party. Thank you so much!
Tanvir Razvi• 8 Nov 2017
A huge thank you to Piano Pete for playing at my 40th birthday party in October. I discussed with Pete in the lead up to my party the music genre (roaring jazz and speakeasy swing) I was looking for to fit the type of party I was having and it wasn't a problem at all. Pete did a fantastic job and his playing was just perfect - everyone loved the music and it really helped make my party feel extra special. Thank you again.
Gill Peake-Steele• 21 Dec 2017
Thank you Pete for enhancing our recent Gala shopping evening in Hoopers, Wilmslow. We had lots of complimentary comments from all our customers regarding your piano playing and it definitely added a lovely ambience to the evening.
Lorraine Waldron• 10 Jul 2018
Wow, what a difference a pianist makes! Pete was wonderful and his music so, so gorgeous! Pete’s music simply made our day during our wedding breakfast, all our guests were sufficiently wowed.
G Lloyd• 27 Feb 2018
Many thanks to Pete for adding that extra touch to our party, he has a vast repertoire from decades of music which really got the night going. Very professional, punctual and adaptable, just what we wanted, cheers.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Versatility - covering almost anything from classical to improvised versions of modern pop songs.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Highly experienced and versatile pianist for any event
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Almost any kind of event is suitable for live piano music, whatever type and however large or small. Digital piano equipment doesn't take up much space and is never instrusively loud. Commonly, Pete is booked for Weddings (ceremonies, drinks reception, wedding breakfast, post wedding breakfast, evening reception), birthdays, retirement parties, engagements, corporate functions etc.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank Transfer
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For solo piano performances, minimal breaks would be required. During 2 - 3 hours' play, approximately 15 - 20 minutes break. For duo / vocal performances, one break of at least 15 minutes in between 2 sets would be required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Pete has been playing piano for almost 40 years and is able to perform a very wide variety or music across multiple musical genres including classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, rock ‘n’ roll, rock, soul, pop, Latin, folk, indie, alternative, T.V and film music and so on. His repertoire covers literally thousands of songs from hundreds of years’ worth of music and it is constantly being added to. He can often source the sheet music for any published piece of music. Even where sheet music does not exist, Pete can also create his own arrangement of any tune that has a strong melody and is feasible to play on the piano. If you have any requests for specific songs to be played at a Wedding, Function or other Event, please get in touch with your requirements. Often, it is the case that tunes can be performed with little notice.
- How much space do you require?For solo piano engagements where Pete provides the digital piano equipment, he would need approximately 3m x 3m, plus power points. For duo engagements, there would naturally be a requirement for a wider space, to accommodate a PA, speakers, guitars, mixing desk etc.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?When performing solo piano engagements, Pete can provide suitable keyboard amplification appropriate to the venue. When performing in a duo with vocals, a PA would be used with lighting.
- How long do you play for?Pete can provide solo piano music up to around 3 hours or more if required When working with a singer, a duo or trio would usually provide 2 x 45 minute sets - more by arrangement
Pete has been playing piano for almost 40 years and is able to perform a very wide variety or music across multiple musical genres including classical, ragtime, jazz, blues, rock ‘n’ roll, rock, soul,...