We play folk/rock English country dance music. We are happy playing for beginners and experts alike, or those somewhere in between. Our aim is to ensure that everyone goes away having had a really good time. Whilst we primarily perform in the South West of England, we are more than happy to go further afield.
Chanelle• 13 Dec 2016
Fabulous best night ever would def recommend
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Folk Rock English Ceilidh / Barn Dance Band
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at the Anchor at Sidmouth International Folk Fesitival. Playing for Teignmouth Folk Festival. Playing at Moreton Music Day each year.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a different sound with our Rock approach to traditional English dance tunes. We also enjoy playing for beginners and experts alike - we just want people to have a good time and if they go wrong in the dances sometime then that's all part of the fun.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Barn Dances / Ceilidhs for Festivals, Weddings, Birthdays, Fund Raisers - anyone looking for a great evening.
- Who are your previous clients?Teignmouth Folk Festival. Sidmouth International Folk Festival. Various Twinning Associations. TOADS Theatre Company. Kenn Village Fundraising Committee and many individuals celebrating special events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We call for a deposit on booking and the remainder in cash on the evening of the event. BACS or cheques accepted by prior arrangement.
- How long do you play for?Usually from around 7.30 until 11pm with a short 20 minute break somewhere in the middle. We are, however, flexible and will aim to fit in with customer requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance. Equipment is all owned individually within the band.
- How much space do you require?Enough to put a drummer with full kit, three other musicians and their amps, the PA and the Caller. We have played in some very tight spaces and in some very large ones too.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably not - we play a wide range of English traditional dance tunes in a folk/rock style.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Just the one, for about 20 minutes.
Barn Dance / Ceilidh playing primarily English folk dance tunes in a folk/ rock style. We come complete with Caller and our own PA