A barn dance, hoe-down or ceilidh is great fun for all the family. Ideal for a wedding celebration, birthday or anniversary party, village and church events, charity fundraisers, company parties, etc. Phil will choose dances suitable for the experience level, age range and fitness level of your guests. He will explain the dances in detail and call the figures as the music plays.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:dance caller for barn dances and ceilidhs
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I work solo using recorded music as well as with various different musicians and bands, so can find something to fit any budget.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, birthday parties, church and village events, company parties, traditional dance events
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer in advance or cash on the night.
- How long do you play for?Usually a couple of hours with a break, but can do shorter or longer as required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I provide sound system, but don't usually provide lighting.
- How much space do you require?A good sized dance floor is needed for a barn dance or ceilidh. Imagine all of your guests holding hands in a big circle and that is ideally what you want as a dance floor, but can get away with a bit smaller.
- Do you do open-air acts?An outdoor dance can be great fun, but I would recommend booking an indoor venue such as the local village hall as a back-up in case of bad weather. The sound system and band will need to be covered to protect from wind/rain.
- What other services to you provide?Many of the bands and musicians that I work with can also provide a concert-style performance of folk dance tunes, folk songs, etc. As well as a barn dance or ceilidh, I can also provide more detailed in-depth instruction or workshops in traditional folk dancing including morris dancing.
Dance caller with band or recorded music for a ceilidh, barn dance, hoe-down, country dance.
Emphasis is on fun.