A barn dance, hoe-down or ceilidh is great fun for all the family. Ideal for a wedding celebration, birthday or anniversary party, village and church events, charity fundraisers, company parties, etc. Phil will choose dances suitable for the experience level, age range and fitness level of your guests. He will explain the dances in detail and call the figures as the music plays.
joanne Portlock• Feb. 1, 2020
I booked Phil and the Brewery Band to play at my 50th birthday party in Gloucester 1st Feb 2020. There were so many different bands to choose from, but I know now I definitely picked the right band to entertain me and my guests. Communication between myself and Phil before my party was good and when I met Phil and the band on the night all members were friendly and had smiles. Dances where easy to follow with clear instruction from Phil, and the music was lively.
Everyone enjoyed the night and the Brewery band made it extra special. A birthday that I will never forget.
Thank you :-)
Susie• Jan. 25, 2020
Phil and the band were absolutely amazing. I booked through Poptop so had no real idea what they would be like. Phil was professional and always answered my emails promptly. He organised the band who were fantastic. Many people said it was the best party they had been to - largely due to Phil and the band. He talked us through the dances and we all had an absolute ball. Thoroughly recommend Phil. Thank you
Services From Phil Preen - Dance Caller
Barn Dance/Ceilidh With Recorded Music - Up To 3 Hours
Barn Dance/Ceilidh Band With Dance Caller - Up To 3 Hours
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:dance caller for barn dances and ceilidhs
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I work solo using recorded music as well as with various different musicians and bands, so can find something to fit any budget.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, birthday parties, church and village events, company parties, traditional dance events
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer in advance or cash on the night.
- How long do you play for?Usually a couple of hours with a break, but can do shorter or longer as required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I provide sound system, but don't usually provide lighting.
- How much space do you require?A good sized dance floor is needed for a barn dance or ceilidh. Imagine all of your guests holding hands in a big circle and that is ideally what you want as a dance floor, but can get away with a bit smaller.
- Do you do open-air acts?An outdoor dance can be great fun, but I would recommend booking an indoor venue such as the local village hall as a back-up in case of bad weather. The sound system and band will need to be covered to protect from wind/rain.
- What other services to you provide?Many of the bands and musicians that I work with can also provide a concert-style performance of folk dance tunes, folk songs, etc. As well as a barn dance or ceilidh, I can also provide more detailed in-depth instruction or workshops in traditional folk dancing including morris dancing.
Dance caller with band or recorded music for a ceilidh, barn dance, hoe-down, country dance.
Emphasis is on fun.