Pharaoh & The Beats
Ok ok! So, the name may sound like some kind of Egyptian marching band wearing headdresses and loincloths, conspiring with extra-dimensional entities using alien technology to build mind-boggling megalithic monuments…BUT…we are actually an Essex based Function Band for ALL your musical entertainment needs!
The band originally started as six members, consisting of Leanne (Lead Vocals), Emma (Vocals), Charlie (Bass), ‘Jazz Fingers’ Jerome (Keys), Stacy (Drums) & Gareth (Guitar). We also perform as a nine, five or four piece outfit, should this be required.
PATB's cover some of the most iconic songs from a multiplicity of genres, spanning as many as SIX DECADES worth of classic tracks. So if you’re looking for your fix of live music then stop looking now, because this band are looking for bookings!
Assembled in 2015, with a band of talented musicians PATB have extensive experience of performing at weddings, parties, corporate functions, restaurant openings, and now even safari parks! We also take requests prior to the event, so you can guarantee a few of your personal favs will be played on the night!
Additionally, we perform as a two piece acoustic duo called Pharaoh, perfect for more relaxed, unplugged type deals like wedding breakfasts or baby showers. Hey, why not even give it that magical touch and get serenaded down the aisle!
Check out our videos and listen to our demo here for a taste of what PATB's can bring to your special occasion. So come on, what are you waiting for…give us a call!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Fun, bubbly, quirky, entertaining, energetic, professional.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are happy to learn a handful of songs you would like played at your event and for free as part of the service. We usually ask for 3-5 songs and we will decide what works as a band. There is no guarantee all the songs will be played on the night, but we strive to do our best.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We are open to any event, but mainly we are performing at weddings and private parties. We have performed at other events such as restaurant openings, vineyards openings, a safari park open day, we like the varierty!
- How can event planners pay for your services?We require a deposit to confirm the date which is paid via bank transfer. You will be sent an invoice for this amount and a contract with all details. The remainder can then be paid via bank transfer on the night or cash after soundcheck.
- How long do you play for?Generally we perform two one hour sets, but we do also provide a disco service in between sets and depending on the event, up until midnight,
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes all our own equipment is included in the quote which includes PA and lighting, however if you required a larger lighting rig then this is something we are happy to organise for you.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we are happy to send certificates for both PLI and PAT on request.
- How much space do you require?We usually ask for a minimum of 5 x 4m, however we've been known to fit in smaller areas! It also depends on the size act you choose as we have an acoustic duo right up to a 9-piece party band.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We would be happy to learn your favourite tune.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This can be down to the client and how their event runs. Generally we take one break in between our two sets and this could be for 20-30 minutes dependant on what is happening between our sets.
- Can I pick the songs you play from the set list?Our set lists are crafted from countless performances and learning what works best to ensure guests are up and dancing and having an amazing time. We are, however, happy for you to voice any major 'No no's' to ensure we find what works for your event.
- How much time do you need to set up?We usually allow around 1-1.5 hours before performance time to set up and sound check. If you need us to be set up slightly earlier so we are not in the way of guests, then we are happy to discuss this with you and work with you as best we can.
- What if my timings change after I've booked you?No problem, please get in contact as soon as you know of any time changes. We understand that things can change for events so we try to be as flexible as we can.
- Do you have different line-up options?Our standard line up is Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitar, Keys, Bass and Drums. We can offer a 9 piece option (to include brass), 4 piece (which excludes backing vocals & keys), as well as an acoustic duo called 'Pharaoh' (one singer and acoustic guitar).
- Will the singer be the same as who I see in the videos?We always use the same lead singer and strive to make sure the rest of the line-up that you see, is what you get on the night. We do have pre-auditioned 'dep' musicians available in case a band member falls ill or is unavailable. As a professional band our reputation means everything so you can be confident that all of our players are of a very high level.
Two 1-hour sets | Disco played in between sets and until midnight | All music equipment/sound system | Lighting | Set up and take down | Public liability insurance | PAT tested equipment
At Last Etta James
Beggin' Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons
Eight Days a Week The Beatles
Piece of my Heart Beverley Knight
Build Me Up Buttercup The Foundations
River Deep Mountain High Tina Turner
Day Dream Believer The Monkees
Dancing Queen Abba
Don't Stop Me Now Queen
Jolene Dolly Parton
Blame it on the Boogie Jackson 5
Streetlife Randy Crawford
Lady Marmalade Patti LaBelle
I Wish Stevie Wonder
Boogie Oogie Oogie A Taste of Honey
We Are Family Sister Sledge
Signed Sealed Delivered Stevie Wonder
Superstition Stevie Wonder
Good times Chic
Car Wash Rose Royce
September Earth, Wind & Fire
Play That Funky Music Wild Cherry
Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac
Young Hearts Candi Staton
Billie Jean Michael Jackson
The Power of Love Huey Lewis and the News
Simply the Best Tina Turner
Somebody Else's Guy Jocelyn Brown
Its my Life Talk Talk
I Wanna Dance with Somebody Whitney Houston
9 to 5 Dolly Parton
Black Velvet Alannah Myles
Never Tear Us apart INXS
Don't Stop Believing Journey
You make my dreams Hall & Oates
I Can't Go For That Hall & Oates
Don't speak No Doubt
Don't Let Go En Vogue
Dancing in the Moonlight Toploader
Man I Feel Like a Woman Shania Twain
Dance the Night Away The Mavericks
Valerie Amy Winehouse
You've Got the Love Florence & the Machine
I'm Yours Jason Mraz
Super Duper Love Joss Stone
Make you Feel my Love Adele
Lady (Hear me Tonight) Modjo
Never Forget You The Noisettes
This Love Maroon 5
Naiive The Kooks
I'm Outta Love Anastacia
Chasing Cars Snow Patrol
Black Horse & a Cherry Tree KT Tunstall
Stop Crying your Heart Out Oasis/Leona Lewis
Crazy in Love Beyonce
Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran
All of Me John Legend
The One Kodaline
A Thousand Years Christina Perri
Get Lucky Daft Punk
I'm Not the Only One Sam Smith
Moves Like Jagger Maroon 5
Forget You CeeLo Green
Locked out of Heaven Bruno Mars
Addicted To You Avicii
Price Tag Jessie J
Ghost Ella Henderson
Uptown Funk Mark Ronson/Bruno
Runaway Baby Bruno Mars
Ex's & Oh's Elle King
Marry You Bruno Mars