One For The Road is a 4 piece covers band based in South Manchester. Individually we have a wealth of experience between us from playing on festival main stages, through to private functions, theatres, cruise ships, theme parks and functions bands so there is nothing that we will not be able to deal with or have experience in!
We have been formed for 5 years and have purely been performing through word of mouth and reccomendations as opposed to online so we are not a new band, just new to this site!
We pride ourselves on using the best equipment that is available to us on the market and always ensure that we have public liability and equipment is PAT tested anually allowing you to book with confidence for your venue!
We have a broad range of music and for a small fee are happy to learn specific songs at your request for first dances or perhaps the birthday persons favourite song. In between private functions we like to keep ourselves sharp by performing in Pubs, Bars and other similar venues to increase our public exposure.
This is a new website for us so at the moment we don't have a large number of bookings or reviews as, as I explained earlier, we have simply been booked through word of mouth at other events we have played at or simply people have got in contact with us directly.
If you have any further quesitons about the band or our music etc then feel free to drop us a message through this website or your can contact us directly through our website. w w w . one for the road live band . c o m
Thanks in advance
One For The Road
Claire Handley• Sept. 14, 2019
Fantastic. This band were amazing. They really made our event special and we all danced all night. Couldn’t have asked for more.
Isabelle Fiset• Sept. 28, 2018
Booked One for the Road for my 21st Birthday, what an amazing band!!! We spoke previously about what my needs were and the type of music I wanted to be played and the set list was exactly what I wanted, even with some added extras! Pricing was a big one for us and they were so reasonable with everything so I cannot thank One for the road enough for making my day even more special.
Lewis• June 2, 2018
Booked these guys for my dads 70th, great group with a good combination of music from the school right through to modern day with a retro twist. Lead Singer was great and made the whole experience really easy. Highly recommend and I will be booking these again.
Angela• Nov. 18, 2017
Booked them for my 60th / retirement party. They were fantastic! On time, professional, engaging with my guests and not too loud! Perfect and would highly recommend them! Thanks guys!
Services From One For The Road
Premier Function & Wedding Party Band - 2 Hours
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A fantastic, fun band who are professional and who aim to please with classic songs that will make you go....OMG I LOVE THIS SONG!
- What are the highlights of your career?Poynton Summerfest is possibly the biggest at the moment due to the crowd sizes, we have headlined at many other smaller music festivals in the area also which is rather flattering to say the least.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play at weddings and private functions. We do sometimes play in pubs and bars if we are perhaps trying out some new songs etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Previous clients are private event planners, local booking agents and wedding organisers.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Usually cash payment on the day once the band has played, however we also accepts BACS if that is something which is more convenient for clients.
- How long do you play for?The time can vary buts its usually 2 x 45 minute sets with 15 minutes in the middle.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have all the gear, great PA, stage lighting and even a smoke machine for permitting locations.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, all equipment is PAT tested annually and we have public liability insurance up to £5 million!
- How much space do you require?Well there is 4 of us. We have a live drum kit plus amps etc so a good amount of space would be better, mainly because people won't be able to help themselves and dance when we start playing but again we can accommodate to the venue.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will do our best to get it learnt before the event! Don't worry!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually play 2 sets, 1 x 45 minutes and then 1 x 1 hour with an approximate 15 - 20 minute break in the middle but this is not set in stone and is adaptable to the situation. For example at the wedding we simply played for an hour and a half straight and then we DJ'd for the rest of the evening. It depends on the event.
- What style of music do you offer?We office classic rock n roll, blues, funk, pop rock and much more!
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?On the night it might be slightly more difficult but if you have a particular song that you would like us to play for an event then we will do our best to get it into the set for you.
- Do you do open-air acts?Oh yea! We have recently played an open festival in Poynton!
Can't stop - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bet you look on the dance floor - Arctic Monkeys
I predict a riot - Kaiser Cheifs
Mr bright side - The Killers
Dakota - Stereophonics
Ruby - Kaiser Cheifs
Sex on fire - Kings of Leon
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
My Generation - The Who
American Idiot - Greenday
Take me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Brianstorm - Arctic Monkeys
Dani California - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Clubfoot - Kasabian
Play that funky music - Wild Cherry
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Good Times - Chic
Human - Rag 'n' Bone Man
Budapest - George Ezra
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
Wonderwall - Oasis
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Valerie - The Zutons
Feel Good - Gorillaz
Old time rock and roll - Bob Segar
Saw her standing there - The Beatles
Stuck in the middle - Stealers Wheels
That's alright mamma - Elvis
Rocking all over the world - Status Quo
Wild thing - The Troggs
Born to be wild - Steppenwolf
Get it on - T. REX
Sweet child of Mine - Guns n' Roses
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
Sweet Caroline - Status Quo
We Will Rock You - Queen
Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
I Love to Boogie - T. REX
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynryd Skynyrd
Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum
Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck
20th Century Boy - T. REX
Let's dance - David Bowie
Suspicious Minds - Elvis
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
One Way or Another - Blondie
Crazy Little Think Called Love - Queen
Since You've Been Gone - Rainbow
Purple Haze - Jimmy Hendrix
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Knocking on Heavens Door - Guns N Roses
Walk this way - Aerosmith
Highway to hell - AC/CD
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Are you gonna be my girl - Jet
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Song 2 - Blur
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
I'm a Believer - The Monkees
Faith - George Michael
Sit Down - James
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
I'll Be There For You - The Rembrandts
Purple rain - Prince
Knocking on Heaven Door