One For The Road
We like to play classic covers that people will all know and join in with, always looking for that "OMG I love this song" from the audience. We are a 4 piece band with a great sound!
Claire Handley• Sept. 14, 2019
Fantastic. This band were amazing. They really made our event special and we all danced all night. Couldn’t have asked for more.
Isabelle Fiset• Sept. 28, 2018
Booked One for the Road for my 21st Birthday, what an amazing band!!! We spoke previously about what my needs were and the type of music I wanted to be played and the set list was exactly what I wanted, even with some added extras! Pricing was a big one for us and they were so reasonable with everything so I cannot thank One for the road enough for making my day even more special.
Lewis• June 2, 2018
Booked these guys for my dads 70th, great group with a good combination of music from the school right through to modern day with a retro twist. Lead Singer was great and made the whole experience really easy. Highly recommend and I will be booking these again.
Angela• Nov. 18, 2017
Booked them for my 60th / retirement party. They were fantastic! On time, professional, engaging with my guests and not too loud! Perfect and would highly recommend them! Thanks guys!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A fantastic, fun band who are professional and who aim to please with classic songs that will make you go....OMG I LOVE THIS SONG!
- What are the highlights of your career?Poynton Summerfest is possibly the biggest at the moment due to the crowd sizes, we have headlined at many other smaller music festivals in the area also which is rather flattering to say the least.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play at weddings and private functions. We do sometimes play in pubs and bars if we are perhaps trying out some new songs etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Previous clients are private event planners, local booking agents and wedding organisers.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Usually cash payment on the day once the band has played, however we also accepts BACS if that is something which is more convenient for clients.
- How long do you play for?The time can vary buts its usually 2 x 45 minute sets with 15 minutes in the middle.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have all the gear, great PA, stage lighting and even a smoke machine for permitting locations.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, all equipment is PAT tested annually and we have public liability insurance up to £5 million!
- How much space do you require?Well there is 4 of us. We have a live drum kit plus amps etc so a good amount of space would be better, mainly because people won't be able to help themselves and dance when we start playing but again we can accommodate to the venue.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will do our best to get it learnt before the event! Don't worry!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually play 2 sets, 1 x 45 minutes and then 1 x 1 hour with an approximate 15 - 20 minute break in the middle but this is not set in stone and is adaptable to the situation. For example at the wedding we simply played for an hour and a half straight and then we DJ'd for the rest of the evening. It depends on the event.
- What style of music do you offer?We office classic rock n roll, blues, funk, pop rock and much more!
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?On the night it might be slightly more difficult but if you have a particular song that you would like us to play for an event then we will do our best to get it into the set for you.
- Do you do open-air acts?Oh yea! We have recently played an open festival in Poynton!
Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay
Cake By the Ocean - DNCE
Cheap Thrills - Sia
Get Lucky - Daft Punk, Pharrell & Nile Rogers
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Hold Back the River - James Bay
King - Years and Years
Locked Out of Heaven - Bruno Mars
Lush Life - Zara Larrson
Marry You - Bruno Mars
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Pompei - Bastille
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
Sing - Ed Sheeran
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
All These Things That I Have Done - The Killers
Dakota - Stereophonics
Get This Party Started - Pink
I Bet that You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Shine - Take That
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
Times Like These - Foo Fighters
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Valerie - Amy Winehouse/The Zutons
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
A Town Called Malice - The Jam
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police
Faith - George Michael
Fight for Your Right to Party - Beastie Boys
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndie Lauper
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode/The Saturdays
Kiss - Prince/Tom Jones
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Disco 2000 - Pulp
Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
Girls and Boys - Blur
Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
'Madchester' Medley - Various
20th Century Boy - T-Rex
Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
I Fought the Law - The Clash
Good Times - Chic
My Sharona - The Knack
One Way or Another - Blondie/ One Direction
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Can't Take My Eyes of You - Andy Williams
I'm A Believer - The Monkees
I Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
Jumpin' Jack Flash - The Rolling Stones
My Generation - The Who
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
NEW! Christmas Repertoire!
Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizard
Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) - The Darkness
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - The Crystals/ Bruce Springsteen
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Darlene Love/U2
Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon
First Dance Recommendations
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
All Of Me - John Legend
Everlong(Acoustic) - The Foo Fighters
Time After Time - Cyndie Lauper
When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
At Last - Etta James
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
We are a 4 piece band and can provide 2.5 hours if live music, split up into various sections depending on client requirements. Can also DJ in-between sets and after the event if required. Please include if you would like a DJ in the costings so we can quote accordingly.