Sit back, kick off your shoes, pour yourself a glass of something expensive and relax to the smooth, sleek sound of Nightfall, an acoustic jazz duo who can soothe your troubles away with a portfolio of uplifting jazz, soul and lounge classics. Nightfall comprise Sara on vocals and Malcolm on guitar, both with decades of performance experience from the smokey cocktail bars of Soho to the Edinburgh Festival, with Nightfall you are in first class hands and are guaranteed a night to remember. Nightfall will entertain you in the genre of your choice from an extensive repertoire of 40's, 50's and 60's jazz standards, soulful blues, uplifting 60's and 70's soul and modern Americana. If you are at home in the little side streets of Paris drinking cafe au lait, let Nightfall return you there with their selection of French cafe jazz numbers.
Sara's voice is best described by those who have heard her live as: "timeless", "beautiful", "exquisite", "a stunning vocal ability, perfection". She has b...
Eve• 13 Jul 2019
Nightfall played at my retirement party and they set the mood beautifully. Sara has an amazing jazz tone to her voice and Malcolm's guitar playing was great. They really helped create a relaxed atmosphere and the guests appreciated their talents. They were professional and friendly, I would certainly recommend to anyone.
Neil• 14 Feb 2019
A fantastic duo, playing a fantastic range of songs, I booked them for Valentines night and it made the whole night a great experience for our guests. Highly recommend and would book again.
Niamh• 20 Jul 2019
An absolutely wonderful duo. So talented and pleasant to deal with. Highly recommend!
Lynn• 12 Jan 2019
Two very accomplished musicians. Easy listening. Sarah has a beautiful voice backed up by Malcolm's great skills on the guitar. Our event was my 60th birthday party and an excellent choice for the event.
Anita• 14 May 2019
Great! Very professional, adapted to the ambient, I would recommend.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Smooth, sleek jazz, acoustic soul, modern Americana and soft Brit pop performed by highly experienced professionals.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing internationally, residencies at several renowned London music venues, appearing on TV!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have been performing for many years and are seasoned professionals. We are highly reliable, punctual and responsive to requests. We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor each performance to the individual requirements of the client.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, restaurants, private parties, hotels, bars and festivals.
- Who are your previous clients?We have played in a wide range of venues including Cafe Rouge, Costa Coffee, Club 229, Jazz After Dark (Soho), Raymond Blanc's White Brasserie, The Ivy, Gabeto Camden, Bar Boho Camden, Kingsgate Studios, Luna Lounge, Melia House Hotel and a host of others. We have also played at numerous festivals and for private parties, weddings and other celebrations.
- How long do you play for?We can play for up to 3 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA and are happy to discuss any lighting requirements you have.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have both.
- How much space do you require?One of the joys of an acoustic duo is that we don't require much space and can set up in 10 minutes!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes of course if you let us know in advance - we may already play it, or if not, we can learn it for you.
Ain’t nobody-Jasmine Thompson
Ain't no sunshine-Eva Cassidy
Autumn leaves -Eva Cassidy
Baby can I hold you-Tracy Chapman
Black is the colour-Christy Moore