Sit back, kick off your shoes, pour yourself a glass of something expensive and relax to the smooth, sleek sound of Nightfall, an acoustic jazz duo who can soothe your troubles away with a portfolio of uplifting jazz, soul and lounge classics. Nightfall comprise Sara on vocals and Malcolm on guitar, both with decades of performance experience from the smokey cocktail bars of Soho to the Edinburgh Festival, with Nightfall you are in first class hands and are guaranteed a night to remember. Nightfall will entertain you in the genre of your choice from an extensive repertoire of 40's, 50's and 60's jazz standards, soulful blues, uplifting 60's and 70's soul and modern Americana. If you are at home in the little side streets of Paris drinking cafe au lait, let Nightfall return you there with their selection of French cafe jazz numbers.
Sara's voice is best described by those who have heard her live as: "timeless", "beautiful", "exquisite", "a stunning vocal ability, perfection". She has been singing for over 20 years and in that time has been wowing audiences both across the UK and internationally.
Malcolm has been playing guitar since he saw Hank Marvin live with his red Strat. His gentle finger picking style and inventive solos are his musical signature and provide the perfect accompaniment to Sara's vocals.
Together, Nightfall have played a range of impressive venues including The Ivy, Jazz After Dark Soho, 229 Club, Raymond Blanc's "White" Brasserie, Cafe Rouge, Luna Lounge and a wide array of weddings, festivals, private parties and events. Nightfall are renowned for their professionalism, timeliness and flexibility - if a particular song or style is required, Nightfall will ensure it is delivered with elegance, as effortlessly as if it had been in their repertoire for years. Nightfall's performances are "seamless", "sleek" and "captivating".
Also available as a trio with sax/bass - please ask if you are interested in this lineup.
Eve• July 13, 2019
Nightfall played at my retirement party and they set the mood beautifully. Sara has an amazing jazz tone to her voice and Malcolm's guitar playing was great. They really helped create a relaxed atmosphere and the guests appreciated their talents. They were professional and friendly, I would certainly recommend to anyone.
Lynn• Jan. 12, 2019
Two very accomplished musicians. Easy listening. Sarah has a beautiful voice backed up by Malcolm's great skills on the guitar. Our event was my 60th birthday party and an excellent choice for the event.
Niamh• July 20, 2019
An absolutely wonderful duo. So talented and pleasant to deal with. Highly recommend!
Anita• May 14, 2019
Great! Very professional, adapted to the ambient, I would recommend.
Neil• Feb. 14, 2019
A fantastic duo, playing a fantastic range of songs, I booked them for Valentines night and it made the whole night a great experience for our guests. Highly recommend and would book again.
Eurydice• June 2, 2019
It was really lovely to have Nightfall playing at Patron Cave a Manger restaurant. Our customers and the team really enjoyed the music and we hope you will be back soon.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Smooth, sleek jazz, acoustic soul, modern Americana and soft Brit pop performed by highly experienced professionals.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing internationally, residencies at several renowned London music venues, appearing on TV!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have been performing for many years and are seasoned professionals. We are highly reliable, punctual and responsive to requests. We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor each performance to the individual requirements of the client.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, restaurants, private parties, hotels, bars and festivals.
- Who are your previous clients?We have played in a wide range of venues including Cafe Rouge, Costa Coffee, Club 229, Jazz After Dark (Soho), Raymond Blanc's White Brasserie, Brasserie Blanc (for Raymond Blanc personally), The Ivy, Gabeto Camden, Bar Boho Camden, Kingsgate Studios, Luna Lounge, Melia House Hotel and a host of others. We have also played at numerous festivals and for private parties, weddings and other celebrations.
- How long do you play for?We can play for up to 3 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA and are happy to discuss any lighting requirements you have.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have both.
- How much space do you require?We only require enough space to stand closely together, we have either a small or large amp/PA depending on the venue and your requirements.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes of course if you let us know in advance - we may already play it, or if not, we can learn it for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually around 10 mins
Ain’t nobody-Jasmine Thompson
Ain't no sunshine-Eva Cassidy
Autumn leaves -Eva Cassidy
Baby can I hold you-Tracy Chapman
Black is the colour-Christy Moore
Boy from Ipanema-Andy Williams
California dreamin’-Mamas and Papas
Can't take my eyes off you-Andy Williams
Damn your eyes-Etta James
Don't know why-Norah Jones
Every time we say goodbye-Ella Fitzgerald
Fields of gold-Eva Cassidy
Fly me to the moon-Frank Sinatra
Georgia on my mind-Ray Charles
Hallelujah I love him so-Ray Charles
How long will I love you-Ellie Goulding
I don’t want to talk about it-Rod Stewart
It doesn’t matter anymore-Eva Cassidy
Killing me softly-Roberta Flack
La Mer-Charles Trenet
La Vie en rose-Edith Piaf
Make you feel my love-Adele
Over the rainbow-Eva Cassidy
Scarborough fair-Simon & Garfunkel
She moved through the fair-Trad
Time after time-Eva Cassidy
This I promise you-Ronan Keating
True colours-Eva Cassidy
Wade in the water-Eva Cassidy
When you say nothing at all-Alison Krauss
Wild is the wind-Amel Larrieux
Wild world-Cat Stevens
Will ye go lassie go-Trad
Will you still love me-Carole King
You are so beautiful-Joe Cocker
You’ve got a friend-James Taylor