Bracken Rigg Band have been established for over 45 years so are extremely experienced in organising wedding ceilidhs. We are a specialist Scottish band playing borders, Irish and English repertoire - our dances can be either totally Scottish or a mixture to match the event. (soundclip also available on our site)
Our lineup is a trio of accordion, fiddle and snare with a very experienced caller - an ex art teacher who is used to explaining to the class.
We can work around your arrangements and an average evening is two sets across 3-4 hours before midnight including a break.
We also specialise in the Northumbrian repertoire.
We can also play for Old Tyme and Modern dancing.
Anything else you need to know, please enquire.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A specialist Scottish band playing for barn dances and ceilidhs for over 45 years
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing for the weddings of three generations of one family
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?With over a century of experience, we can advise on any aspect of arranging an event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Scottish weddings, barn dances, Burns nights, St Andrews nights, dinners.
- How can event planners pay for your services?cheque or electronic
- How long do you play for?Very flexible, but usually two sets with break over around 3 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Space of 4 chairs
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Probably
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?generally one break to fit in with arrangements
Barn dances, Scottish dances, Burns Nights, St Andrews, Weddings etc.