Rock and Reel
Rock and Reel are a uptempo ceilidh band. We aim to blend youth, experience, energy and finesse (as well as much laughter (and banter)) to ensure that you can have a fantastic night. Alongside the dancing, we have a wide repertoire of familiar songs, including Scottish folk songs and a mainstream popular songs.
We generally work as a three-piece band covering all the standard ceilidh dances, as well as a number of not so common but easy to learn dances (especially useful where there a number of people not used to ceilidh-ing!). We will talk through all the dances (if required), using easy to follow instructions (and humour), and demonstrations, where required. We will happily take requests through the night and are happy to work with yourself in advance to ensure that we cover all your favourites.
Our usual set up includes accordion, fiddle and guitar. This means that we can not only play for dancing but also sing a number of Scottish and popular songs, allowing for a variety through the night and engagement with the audience in other ways. We will work with yourself for the key parts of the night, such as the first dance (depending on your requirements we can either learn and play the piece, or sort out a recording which will run through our system) and how you would like to close the evening.
There is lots more info about us, including pictures and biogs, on the website.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played all over the world as a group and individually. Playing in the outback in Australia, the rocky mountains of Colorado and on a barge floating down the Rhone valley were fun, but the best was probably appearing at Glastonbury.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have played for everything from weddings to family get together to fundraisers to international conferences to street performances to corporate hospitality. Its all great fun!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Talk to us and we'll see!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We'll work with you to ensure that the event meets your expectations!
Full PA kit and Insurance included within the fee.
We also work with a number of other musicians including Harpists, Pipers and DJs. We would be happy to recommend suitable musicians to you should you be interested.