Miss Annie is a Vintage style jazz and swing Vocalist from the south coast of England. She has been singing professionally since 2007 and sings music from the 1920s through to the early 60s. Covering the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Holiday, Peggy Lee, Judy Gardland and Nina Simone (to name a few!) as a soloist with backing tracks. She also fronts two bands, The Regular Joes (11 piece swing band) and Miss Annie & The Midnight Shift (6 piece roots rhythm & blues band).
Miss Annie has performed all over the country at many prestige events and festivals including Buckingham Palace for the Queens Coronation Festival, The Goodwood Revival, The Grand Hotel Brighton for the Dame Vera Lynn Trust, the Derry Jazz Festival, The Atomic Festival, Bournemouth Jazz Festival & The Larmer Tree Festival.
She also visits Normandy each year and sings at various venues commemorating the D Day landings and was Christened 'The Nightingale Of Normandy' by the British Veterans!!!
Pauline Woolford• Nov. 25, 2017
Saw you for the first time tonight at Alison's 60th. You were amazing and I could have listened to you all night. Very authentic creating nostalgia and atmosphere so effortlessly. Thanks for a great evenings entertainment.
Services From Miss Annie
Miss Annie & Professional Quality Backing Tracks - 2 x 45 Minutes
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I can cater for any event that requires Jazz & Swing music. Weddings, parties, Festivals, Vintage Events, Clubs & Restaurants, Funerals, etc
- Who are your previous clients?Buckingham Palace Goodwood Revival Larmer Tree Festival Goodwood Hotel The Grand Hotel, Brighton The Rivoli Ballroom Hop Til You Drop Hepcats Holiday Derry Jazz Festival Atomic Festival Gloucester Goes Retro Bournemouth Air Festival Bournemouth Jazz Festival
- How long do you play for?I am fairly flexible but the standard sets are:- 2 x 45 min sets Or 1 x hour set
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance through the MU All PA equipment is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?I do not need a huge amount of space - ideally 6' x 6' but I can squeeze into less if necessary!!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you have a favourite tune that is not on my list please do not hesitate to request it, I will do my best to include it if i can!!!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If I perform 2 x 45 min sets I usually take one break of between 10-30 minutes depending on the circumstances.
- How do you present yourself?I always wear vintage style clothing for my performances and can include WW2 British and American uniforms depending on the event.
I've Got Rhythm
All of Me
It's A Lovely Day Today
Cheek To Cheek
I've Got You Under My Skin
This Can't Be Love
Almost Like Beibg In Love
On The Sunny Side Of The Street
Them There Eyes
My Baby Just Cares For Me
Love Me Or Leave Me
Don't Get Around Much Anymore
Let There Be Love
Let's Face The Music& Dance
Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Why Don't You Do Right
I Wanna Be Loved By You
Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
I Wanna Be Like You
Minnie The Moocher
I've Got Rhythm
The Boy Next Door/You Made Me Love You
A Nightingake Sang In Berkeley Square
You'll Never Know
White Cliffs Of Dover
We'll Meet Again
I Like You Very Much
Vera Lynn Sing-A-Long Medley