Miriam is a professional London-based harpist and member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians. Having taken lessons in piano and violin from the age of five, she developed a keen interest in the harp and began studying with acclaimed harpist Angela Moore. She later received two medals for her performances at The Ealing Festival, won the cup for the harp section in 2011, and was awarded The Anslow Cup for Music in 2012. She went on to study the harp exclusively at the University of Southampton in 2014, where she received further instruction from harpist Kate Ham, and gained experience in both orchestral and solo performance. Since graduating in 2017 Miriam performs regularly at weddings, concerts, recording sessions, and a variety of different functions. She is based in the Twickenham area and plays around London, Greater London and surrounding areas in the South. She has played at numerous prestigious and historical venues such as Bletchley Park, Hartwell House, Turner Sims, The Grove Hotel and Strawberry Hill House, and also volunteers as a performer for The Stroke Association.
Miriam's extensive repertoire includes titles from a wide range of different genres, such as classical, baroque, jazz, traditional, folk, modern, and film music/show tunes. She also writes her own arrangements for the harp, examples of which can be found on her social media pages and online. Either select your favourite titles from the set list below, or Miriam can choose herself based on your personal taste, genre preference and event type. She is also very happy to take one or two special requests with plenty of notice.
Miriam performs acoustically on her mahogany and gold Daphne 47 harp, which adds a beautiful visual aesthetic to any occasion. Her friendly and professional manner combined with the beautiful but unobtrusive ambience created by her harp will be sure to help make your event a truly special and memorable occasion.
For cancellation notice up to two weeks before the performance: £100% of the fee.
For cancellation notice up to four weeks before the performance: £75% of the fee.
For cancellation notice up to six weeks before the performance: £50% of the fee.
For cancellation notice up to eight weeks before the performance: £25% of the fee.
Roy Saunders• March 8, 2020
Miriam Wilford played at the reception for our Diamond Wedding Anniversary Lunch at Hartwell House last Sunday. She played so beautifully and got many compliments from our guests.
She arrived at Hartwell House early so that she was in position and ready to perform well before her agreed start time. She had allowed for any potential hitches.
Miriam is a very beautiful girl who emanates a sense of tranquility which seems to influence the wonderful quality of her performance on the harp.
Should the occasion arise we book her again in a heartbeat.
Thank you for recommending Miriam for our big anniversary.
Mollie Hawkes• Feb. 14, 2020
Miriam was a wonderful addition to our event, receiving lots of lovely feedback from the guests.
Ben Weston• Feb. 1, 2020
Great , great , great .
Personalised track we had too which Miriam researched , learnt and played on the day !
Phil Allen• Sept. 22, 2019
Miriam was helpful, charming, organised and adaptable. She also played beautifully and created a wonderful ambiance for our gathering, I would have no hesitation in using her again in future.
Services From Miriam Wilford
- How long do you play for?I can play from 1 to 4 hours, but will need to take a short break if playing for longer than an hour.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I have public liability insurance.
- How much space do you require?Not much space is needed! Just a small corner with enough room for me, a piano stool, the harp and a music stand - approximately 2m x 3m to perform comfortably.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If a favourite tune of yours isn’t listed, there is still a chance that I know it, but if not then I am always happy to take one or two special requests with plenty of notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One hour - no breaks required. Two hours - one 15 min break. Three hours - two 15 min breaks.
- What is your cancellation policy?For cancellation notice up to two weeks before the performance: £100% of the fee. For cancellation notice up to four weeks before the performance: £75% of the fee. For cancellation notice up to six weeks before the performance: £50% of the fee. For cancellation notice up to eight weeks before the performance: £25% of the fee.
- What if my timings change after I've booked you?I always try my best to be flexible and am very happy to adapt to any changes in timings, as long as I'm given enough notice!
- How much time do you need to set up?I usually aim to arrive at the venue between 1 and 1.5 hours early, to leave plenty of time to set up and tune.
- Can you play outdoors?I am very happy to play outdoors on a flat patio area, but this is weather dependant. If there is any rain I will need full cover or to perform indoors, to protect my instrument from damage.
Whether you’re planning a themed party, corporate event or a fairy tale wedding, Miriam will carefully craft the perfect set list for your event, working closely with you to ensure your satisfaction. Either select your favourite titles from the list below, or Miriam can choose herself based on your personal taste, genre preference and event type.
The following list includes examples of famous music ideally suited to Weddings and other celebrations. If a favourite tune of yours isn’t listed here, there is still a chance that Miriam knows it, but if not then she is always happy to take one or two special requests with plenty of notice.
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
A Sky Full of Stars (Coldplay)
At Last (Etta James)
Baby I Love Your Way (Bob Marley)
Blue Moon (Richard Rodgers)
By Your Side (Sade)
Can’t Help Falling in Love (Elvis Presley)
Dancing Queen (ABBA)
Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)
Endless Love (Lionel Richie)
Happy (Pharrell Williams)
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
Harvest Moon (Neil Young)
Havana (Camila Cabello)
I’ll Be Seeing You (Billie Holiday)
I’ll Be Your Mirror (The Velvet Underground)
I’ll Never Smile Again (Ruth Lowe)
In My Life (The Beatles)
Is This Love (Bob Marley)
I Won’t Give Up (Jason Mraz)
La Vie en Rose (Édith Piaf)
Love Story (Taylor Swift)
Love Me Like You Do (Ellie Goulding)
Moondance (Van Morrison)
My Girl (The Temptations)
Norwegian Wood (The Beatles)
Perfect (Ed Sheeran)
Rather Be (Clean Bandit)
Rolling in The Deep (Adele)
Señorita (Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello)
Solitude (Duke Ellington)
Surfer Girl (The Beach Boys)
Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin)
Time After Time (Cydni Lauper)
What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
FILM MUSIC/SHOW TUNES
All I Ask Of You (The Phantom Of The Opera)
A Thousand Years (Twilight)
Comptine d’un autre ete – L’apres-midi (Amelie)
Getting To Know You (The King And I)
I Dreamed A Dream (Les Miserables)
If I Loved You (Carousel)
Kissing You (Romeo and Juliet)
Pure Imagination (Charlie & The Chocolate Factory)
Smile (Modern Times)
Some Enchanted Evening (South Pacific)
Summertime (Porgy and Bess)
The Sound of Music (The Sound of Music)
The Way You Look Tonight (Swing Time)
Up Where We Belong (An Officer and A Gentleman)
Ek Ladki Ko Dekha
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Tu Je Deka To Ye Jaama Sanam
Dark Woman of The Mountain
Fairly Shut Of Her
For The Beauty Of The Earth
O’er The Sea To Skye
Sleep Soon Ida Mornin’
The Cutting Of The Fern
The Rising Of The Lark
Water is Wide
Waulking O’ The Fauld
Ave Maria (Schubert)
16th Century Spanish Dance
Evening Song (Rosseau)
Gymnopedie No. 1 (Satie)
Invernio Porteno (Piazzolla)
Minuet (From Mozart's Don Giovanni)
Nataliana (Henson- Conant)
Pachelbel's Canon in D
Sonata in A Major (Scarlatti)
Spanish Romance (Trad.)
Theme From Sonata no. 11 (Mozart)
Themes From Rachmaninoff’s 2nd Piano
Valse Gracieuse (Mozart)
Wedding March (Mendelssohn)