Sax player from north west U.K.
Based in Southport
'Having been brought up in a musical environment, it was inevitable that Mike would make a name for himself as an artist in his own right, but not without earning his spots first.
Mike has paid his dues as a sideman over the last fifteen years with the likes of Craig David, Heather Small, Elkie Brooks, Kid Creole, ABC and Sandi Thom.
Mike was asked to head up the international brand CREAM as their sax player for the CREAM CLASSICS tour in 2016 with K-Klass and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
A musician from the age of 10, he went onto study at LIPA and his diverse and wide ranging experience have given him the kudos amongst his peers and become one of the most sought after sax players in the industry.
Mike has three of his own albums out on the 'playing with sound' record label under his brand name of @gingertunes'
Claire Bassnett• 14 Apr 2019
Was very good had him for my baby shower and it was just perfect
danielle wallwork• 5 Aug 2017
“Hi Mike, We just wanted to say an enormous Thank you for playing at our wedding at West Tower. Having not heard you play in person beforehand it was a big risk but one that definitely payed off. We absolutely loved everything you played and have had so many compliments off guests who agreed that it was the best drinks reception imaginable. The party atmosphere set us up for the rest of the day!! Can’t thank you enough and will hopefully get to hear you play again soon. Many Thanks Danielle & Sc...
Laura• 7 Sep 2017
My husband and I can't thank Mike enough for really bringing music to life at our wedding. He is professional, reliable and plays exceptionally; his experience shines! Highly recommend! Thank you from ourselves and all guests!”
laura delamar• 16 Sep 2017
“Oh Mike! You made our wedding, everyone is still raving about the sax man! I think I've got you lined up for the next weddings of my friends plus their friends! Thank you so much! Laura Delamar (Wedding) 10/10”
Kim Young• 16 Nov 2018
Mike was truly amazing!!!! Would definitely recommend! The dance floor was full!! Thank you!!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A very popular saxophonist from the North West, known for his work with Cream Classical and household names such as Elkie Brooks, ABC, Craig David etc
- What are the highlights of your career?Having been brought up in a musical environment, it was inevitable that Mike would make a name for himself as an artist in his own right, but not without earning his spots first. Mike has paid his dues as a sideman over the last fifteen years with the likes of Elkie Brooks, Kid Creole, Heather Small, ABC and Sandi Thom, Mike was asked to work alongside the international brand CREAM as their sax and keys player for the CREAM CLASSICS tour in 2016-2018 with K-Klass and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra. A musician from the age of 10, he went onto study at the prestigious Livrpool Institute for Performing Arts, where he now teaches saxophone. His diverse and wide ranging experience have given him kudos amongst his peers and he has become one of the most sought after sax players in the area. Mike has three of his own albums out on the 'playing with sound' record label under his brand name of @gingertunes' www.gingertunes.co.uk
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Very experienced and friendly
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings and Events
- Who are your previous clients?Cream, Bose, McDonalds, P&O Cruises, Elkie Brooks, Rolls Royce, Rolex etc...
- How can event planners pay for your services?bank transfer
- How long do you play for?upto 2 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?a few meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?if I'm given enough time, sure!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?usually 15 min beaks
- What style of music do you offer?jazz, blues, ibiza, chillout
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?yes
- Do you do open-air acts?all the time
- How long is the act?2x 45 mins
- What other services to you provide?sax duo (with guitar)
Heres a sample of my repertoire.
It includes (but is not limited to) the following:
Club Ibiza style
The man with the red face