Hire Mike Giblin, the incredibly skilled caricaturist and character designer behind ITV's 'Newzoids', to entertain guests at your wedding, private party, or corporate event! Primarily servicing Newcastle upon Tyne and Northumberland (but willing to travel further on occasion), Mike has over 20 years professional experience, during which time he has drawn tens of thousands of guests at weddings and events all over the UK.
You will find many caricaturists offering a wide range of options and styles when it comes to performing live, to the point where it becomes downright baffling. Mike prefers simplicity, and when he draws live he only has one option, and it's old-school: it’s just him, an easel, a black marker pen, and an endless stream of guests. The watching crowd hang on every pen stroke as their friends, loved ones and colleagues' features are expertly exaggerated by this award-winning, friendly and approachable artist. A fascinated crowd and big laughs are guaranteed!
A fixed easel setup means guests will love watching as their friends, loved ones and colleagues' features are expertly exaggerated by this award-winning, friendly and approachable artist. A fascinated crowd and big laughs are guaranteed!
Services From Mike Giblin
*NEW* 'Live' Style Caricatures!
Live Party and Corporate Entertainment
Live Wedding Entertainment
- How long is the act?2 hour performance minimum.
- What is included in the wedding package?All caricatures drawn within allotted time. Complimentary protector sleeve for each drawing. Free travel within 25 miles of Westerhope, Newcastle upon Tyne, then 50p per round-trip mile.
- Q. We are concerned about offending our guests. Is this a possibility?Not at all. My style has strong ties to cartooning and character design, and there is more focus on simplification and capturing personality than on unflattering elements. Nevertheless the aim is to poke gentle fun at Mother Nature’s handiwork, and so guests should know that if they have features that are obvious (and permanent), unless I’m specifically asked otherwise they’re probably going to turn up in the drawing!
- Q. Can groups be drawn together?Group caricatures can get tiresome for the audience, as the focus becomes less about likeness and exaggeration, and more a time-consuming exercise in trying to fit everyone on the same page! It is essential to keep things fast-moving and fun, for this reason there is a TWO PERSON MAXIMUM per drawing.
- Q. Can we extend the session on the day?Provided I have no further bookings or commitments immediately afterwards and it is convenient to do so, then yes - I will be happy to extend the session on the day at an additional £100.00 per hour. This is payable in cash at the beginning of the agreed extension. Please note that I cannot guarantee my availability beyond pre-agreed timings, so if schedule and budget allow I would always recommend booking me for longer upfront.
Live Caricatures, traditionally performed. (i.e. paper and permanent markers, the old-school way!) On average 12 guests per hour drawn, black & white only. Complimentary protector sleeve with each caricature.