As one of the best Swing singers the UK has to offer, Cambridge Swing Singer Mickey sings all the Rat Pack favourites in his own inimitable style as well as fresh takes on modern classics.
Mickey is a highly experienced, professional vocalist. A weddings specialist, he also performs at a wide range of events and has had the pleasure of singing for HM The Queen and Heads of State.
"A lovely voice... his rendition of "Hello" is worth the fee alone" (The Times)
Stewart Newson• May 9, 2019
The perfect performance complimented the tone and feeling of our wedding day and so we are truly grateful for the fantastic performance. The numerous compliments and comments we have recurved simply support what a great performance we received. Thanks
Kay Osborne• Sept. 1, 2018
Everything was perfect. All of Mickey's pre party arrangements were spot on. He performed beautifully and made the party a success. Would highly recommend.
Dawn Adcock• Aug. 11, 2018
Very good singer and good playlist. Guests all complimented how good he was. Would definitely recommend booking him to anyone who likes Rat Pack style music. Very reasonably priced for two 45 minute sets.
Mary Haresign• March 11, 2018
Mickey was excellent from start to finish. I barely had 5 minutes to speak to him as was busy with my event but he sorted himself out and sang wonderfully throughout our fundraiser. Cannot wait to use him again at any event and would thoroughly recommend his beautiful vocals. So many great comments too from our guests. Thank you Mickey.
Nicole McVickers• Jan. 27, 2018
"Mickey was fantastic. Professional, timely, courteous, flexible, and of course very talented. A great night was had by all. Would highly recommend Mickey and poptop for future events.
DENNIS Mackrill• Jan. 13, 2018
Excellent, top class.............
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Mickey Fordola is a unique performer - an old fashioned crooner with a twist.
- What are the highlights of your career?I'm so lucky to meet many people celebrating very special days in their lives, and I've performed in some stunning venues, so it's hard to pin down a single highlight! But performing for Her Majesty the Queen at her Diamond Jubilee celebrations which was a real honour, and a very memorable day.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Many years of experience means Mickey is a seasoned professional with one of the best Swing voices available. Singing Swing, RatPack and Jazz, Mickey can entertain all ages at your event, and can cover the whole evening entertainment, all this for a very reasonable price.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Mickey is a Weddings Specialist, but regularly performs at Parties, Corporate and Private events.
- Who are your previous clients?HRM The Queen Lord Chris Patten Grosvenor House Hotel, London Hong Kong Football Club House of Fraser Cath Kidston And many, many private events and weddings
- How can event planners pay for your services?A deposit is required on booking, and final cleared balance before the event is payable via Bank Transfer, Paypal or Cash on the day of the event.
- How long do you play for?Depending on the package booked, but the standard solo package is 2 x 45 minutes sets. With DJ, we will play until midnight.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?All equipment and lighting is provided. However, if your venue has sound equipment, or you have already booked a DJ, then Mickey can use what is provided.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, all electrical equipment is PAT tested and Mickey holds Public Liability Insurance.
- How much space do you require?Not as much as you might think! Please ask, as Mickey may already know the venue you are thinking of.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, as long as there is enough notice to learn the song and it's within vocal range, special requests will always be accommodated.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Mickey does need to take a break between sets for some vocal rest for 15 minutes; this will be arranged in advance and background music will be played during this time, but he can be as flexible as you need to fit in with the timings for the day/event.
Mickey Fordola provides bespoke entertainment to suit your exact needs and budget and can perform Solo, with 5 piece Jazz band, with DJ Package.
For corporate events, Mickey can sing during the drinks reception or dinner, as well as kicking off the evening to follow with a disco. For a wedding's evening entertainment, Mickey can perform 2 x 45 minute vocal sets, followed by DJ and Disco; or alternatively, why not have him accompany the wedding breakfast?
He can even sing your first dance for you.
Ain’t that a kick
Almost like being in love
As long as I'm singing
Avenues & alleyways
Baby it’s cold outside
Beyond the sea
Can’t get used to losing you
Can’t take my eyes off you
Come fly with me
Crazy little thing called love
Eye of the tiger
Fly me to the moon
For once in my life
From Russia with love
Girl from Ipanema
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
It had to be you
Just the way you look
Lady is a tramp
Let's fall in love
Let there be love
Love and marriage
Mack the knife
Music to watch girls by
Nice & easy
Night & day
Please don't talk about me when I'm gone
Strangers in the night
The summer wind
They can’t take that away
Under my skin
We are in love
What a difference
World on a string
You make me feel so young
Young at heart