Services From Melissa-Jane
Melissa is a dynamic and versatile female vocalist able to cater for any event.
Performing since the age of 17 she has performed on cruise ships, in hotels and for weddings all over the world.
With a vast repertoire she is able to tailor make your event to the finest required detail.
Covering pop, vintage, Jazz and everything in between.
completely self contained with full public liability.
Alex Alexander• May 9, 2020
Unfortunately due to Covid 19 Government restrictions the event didn’t go ahead. Melissa Jane seems a lovely lady whom we would love to re invite if we do another event.
Please could I have my deposit back as the event was cancelled due to the Pandemic.
Gloria Sandford• Aug. 10, 2019
I booked Melissa Jane through Poptop to sing at my husband's 80th birthday party. The event was 1940's themed, in a marquee in the garden on August 10th. We could not have chosen a worse day, the day of the gales and torrential rain! Melissa Jane was wonderful and set up in the half built marquee despite the dreadful weather. She brought sunshine to the party, her 2 performances were outstanding, exactly what I had wanted and all the guests, attired in 1940's outfits sang and danced the night away shouting for an encore, which she kindly gave. She has a beautiful, rich voice and a superb selection of songs which she performs with feelings and emotion, we really didn't want her to go home!
Melissa Jane was so easy to work with, bubbly and very friendly, we can't wait to find an excuse to book her again. Thank you Melissa Jane for a wonderful evening. The whole experience of booking through Poptop was a simple and straight forward experience. Thank you.
Chris Mould• Nov. 16, 2018
Brilliant - really added to the aimed atmosphere - highly recommended xx
Kath Gruber• Nov. 11, 2018
From start to finish Melissa was excellent. She worked closely with me to understand requirements, made really helpful suggestions and did all she could to ensure the event was successful. I would recommend her to anyone wanting a professional, proactive singer and would definitely call on her if I need a singer in the future
Kelly• Nov. 9, 2018
Absolutely amazing show ...patients loved it. Melissa really engages with her audience and is smiling and friendly. Would definitely recommend and will use again. Thank you melissa
Jade• Nov. 11, 2018
"Melissa helped us at The Bear create an amazing Remembrance Sunday for the community. From the second she arrived she was so polite and professional! She read the audience brilliantly starting with a vintage set which went down a storm!
Her second set was her war time set, and started with a minute silence whilst the Last Post played, the whole pub went silent.
The whole set was brilliant and we have had so many positive comments from our customers!
We can not wait to get Melissa back!"
What kind of events do you usually serve?
Weddings Outdoor festivals Corporate events Private functions pubs and clubs
Who are your previous clients?
Coca Cola Ikea Best western David lloyd Gyms
How long do you play for?
1 x 60 min set 2 x 30 min set 2 x 45 min set
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
All PA and lighting supplied
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
How much space do you require?
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
Absolutely. Just let me know if you just have to have your favourite song played and I will learn it and perform it just for you!!
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
Usually have a break after 1hr between 15 - 45 mins (pending client requirements)
The below is only a small indication of songs.
Please feel free to ask for a song(s) not on the list
1. I say a little prayer (Dionne Warwick)
2. Crazy (Patsy Cline)
3. Da Doo Ron Ron (The Crystals)
4. You don’t have to say you love me (Dusty Springfield)
5. Son of a preacher man (Dusty springfield)
6. Please Mr postman (The carpenters)
7. Car Wash (Rose Royce)
8. Disco inferno (The Trammps)
9. I will survive (Gloria Gaynor)
10. If I can’t have you (Yvonne Elliman)
11. Knock on wood (Amii Stewart)
12. Don’t it make my brown eyes blue (Crystal Gayle)
13. Joleen (Dolly Parton)
14. Stuck in the middle with you ( Stealers Wheel)
15. Blame it on the boogie (Jackson 5)
16. Young Hearts run free (Candi Staton)
17. A little respect (Erasure)
18. Don’t stop believing (Journey)
19. Physical (Olivia Newton John)
20. Like a Virgin (Madonna)
21. Express yourself (Madonna)
22. Like a prayer (Madonna)
23. Alone (Heart)
24. Total eclipse of the heart (Bonnie Tyler)
25. I know him so well (Elaine page & Barbara Dickson)
26. Black Velvet ( Alana Miles)
27. Like a prayer (Madonna)
28. It must have been Love (Roxette)
29. The tide is high (Blondie)
30. Material Girl (Madonna)
31. Walking on sunshine(Katrina and the waves)
32. It’s raining men (The weather Girls)
33. Reach for the stars (S club 7)
34. Runaway (The Corrs)
35. Halo (Beyonce)
36. Poker face (Lady Gaga)
37. Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
38. Rehab (Amy Winehouse)
39. Valerie (Amy Winehouse)
40. Sex on Fire (Kings of leon)
41. The Boy does Nothing (Elish Dickson)
42. Mercy (Duffy)
43. Someone like you (Adele)
44. Hallelujah (Alexandra Burke)
45. Run (Leona Lewis)
46. Mama Doo (Pixie Lott)
47. Firework (Kate Perry)
48. Make you feel my love (Adele)
49. Born this way (Lady Gaga)
50. Lipstick on your collar (Connie Francis)
51. One way or another (blondie)
52. Songbird (Eva Cassidy)
53. Fields of gold (Eva Cassidy)
54. Voulez Vous
55. Gimme Gimme Gimme
58. Knowing me, Knowing you
59. Money Money Money
60. Honey Honey
61. The name of the game
62. One of us
64. The Winner Takes it all
65. Super Trooper
66. Does your Mother Know
67. Honey Honey
68. I have a dream
69. Lay all your love on me
70. Ring Ring
71. Summer nights city
72. Take a chance on me
73. Dancing Queen
74. Thank you for the music
76. Apple Blossom Time
77. Beat Me Daddy Eight To The Bar
78. Beer Barrel Polka
79. Bei Mir Bist Du Shoen
80. Boogie Woogie Bugel boy
81. Chattanooga Choo Choo
82. Cheek to Cheek
83. Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree
84. Every time We Say Goodbye
86. Get Happy
87. In The Mood
88. Lady Is A Tramp
89. Lili Marlene
90. My Funny Valentine
91. Oh Johnny
92. Sing Sing Sing
93. Something Stupid
94. Somewhere Over The Rainbow
96. Tico Tico
97. We'll Meet again
98. White Cliffs Of Dover
99. Dream a little dream
100. I can’t stand the rain
101. Do right woman
102. I just want to make love to you
104. Never loved a man
105. The son of a preacher man
106. Chain of fools
107. Knock on wood
108. Nowhere to run
109. Rescue me
110. Band of gold
111. Dancing in the street
112. You cant’ hurry love
113. My girl
114. Get ready
115. Proud mary
116. Brown eyes girl
117. Cant take my eyes off you
118. Johny be good
119. Crazy little thing called love
120. Dance the night away
121. You can’t hurry love
122. Mr postman – The Carpenters\The M
124. Valerie – Amy Winehouse
125. Mercy - Duffy
126. Black velvet – Alana Miles
127. Still the one – Shania Twain
128. Sweet child of mine – Guns and Roses
129. Ironic – Alanis Morrisette
130. Don’t stop believing - Journey
131. Simply the best – Tina Turner
132. Somebody to love - Queen
133. A thousand years – Christina Perri
134. You got the Love - Florence and the machine
135. Cant stop the feeling – Justin Timberlake
136. Roar – Katy Perry
137. We found love - Rhiana
138. Its all about you – Mcfly
139. Greatest Day – Take That
140. Rule the world – Take That
141. Patience – Take That
142. Relight my fire – Take That
143. Aint Nobody - Chaka Khan
144. A little respect – Erasure