Love songs from the 40s? Doris Day, Connie Francis, Rosemary Clooney? Peggy Lee?
These bubbly songs-for-all-ages are perfect to add atmosphere to your vintage-style wedding, family party or tea dance. With songs from around 1900 up to the mid-1960s, and a series of themes including swing and jive, Connie & Doris, Italiano Americano, Peaky Blinders, music hall singalongs and songs from the war years, I will work with you to create the perfect playlist whether you want to sit and chat or get up and dance. And all matched, of course, to the perfect outfit(s).
I can also be found at 1940s events around the UK singing songs from the war years often in full authentic ATS uniform.
The most cost-effective entertainment is just me and my backing tracks, but I can perform with a fabulous pianist if you prefer or as the duo Bluebird and Blossom. Just let me know which you would like when you ask for a quote.
Andrew Miller• Aug. 17, 2019
I booked Sallie (May Blossom) for my Nan's 90th birthday, and wasn't disappointed from the moment she arrived to the moment she sadly left us. Sallie's 1940's repertoire was truly excellent, her attention to detail from the songs she chose to the clothing she wore was 2nd to none! Everyone was so impressed with her performance, they still pay her compliments, remarking on her professionalism and how she got people up dancing and reminiscing.
It was truly a night to remember!
I personally want to thank you Sallie for making everyone so happy, especially my Nan.
Your reputation preceeds you, please continue to make people sing, dance, laugh and just so glad they booked you.
Andy Miller. Xx
Carol Halliday• June 6, 2019
May was a lovely lady. Just what our customers wanted they had a lovely afternoon and they all really enjoyed May's singing
stef Woollacott• May 1, 2019
Brilliant. Content was pitched perfectly to celebrate life of Emma. Songs were much enjoyed by her family and friends. Best choice I could have made.
Dee Dillistone• Oct. 5, 2018
What a day, thank you Sallie for entertaining our audience at the Festival for Older People in Flitwick. Your song choices were perfect for those attending, with a flag flying finale that had everyone singing and swaying along. I would not hesitate to recommend you.
Emma• July 1, 2018
Amazing lady, amazing preformance, couldn't have asked for better. Will definitely be booking again.
Heather Barratt• July 7, 2018
"Amazing performer and a lovely person won our hearts at Thorpe Camp Tattershall Thorpe Nr Coningsby LN4 4PL
Cant wait for your return same weekend 2019 Thank you so very much"
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, family parties, tea parties, reenactment events, charity events, nursing home performances
- Who are your previous clients?IN 2017 Wrest at War, Thorpe Camp, Newport Pagnell 1940s weekend, antique fairs, private clients, nursing homes
- How long do you play for?I'm very lucky that I can sing for hours. I usually request a 10 minute break in each hour.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a battery powered PA that gives up to 8 hours, so can sing in most locations No lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?If it's just me and the PA very little space (around 6ft square, ideally) If I am with a piano then around 10ft square
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If I can I am happy to.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I am able to sing for up to an hour, then take a 10 minute break
Choose from over 200 songs and put together one or more sets to create exactly the atmosphere you want. I specialise in songs from the war years and the 1950s, but I also perform some early rock n roll, songs with that Great Gatsby sound, Disney Princess classics, some postmodern jukebox, electro swing and even some rhythm and blues.
I always enjoy adding to my repertoire so do let me know if there is a particular song that you would like. And dont forget to let me know if you would like quote to include a pianist rather than the backing tracks, or duo Bluebird and Blossom.