Love songs from the 40s? Doris Day, Connie Francis, Rosemary Clooney? Peggy Lee?
These bubbly songs-for-all-ages are perfect to add atmosphere to your vintage-style wedding, family party or tea dance. With songs from around 1900 up to the mid-1960s, and a series of themes including swing and jive, Connie & Doris, Italiano Americano, Peaky Blinders, music hall singalongs and songs from the war years, I will work with you to create the perfect playlist whether you want to sit and chat or get up and dance. And all matched, of course, to the perfect outfit(s).
I can also be found at 1940s events around the UK singing songs from the war years often in full authentic ATS uniform.
The most cost-effective entertainment is just me and my backing tracks, but I can perform with a fabulous pianist if you prefer or as the duo Bluebird and Blossom. Just let me know which you would like when you ask for a quote.
Dee Dillistone• 5 Oct 2018
What a day, thank you Sallie for entertaining our audience at the Festival for Older People in Flitwick. Your song choices were perfect for those attending, with a flag flying finale that had everyone singing and swaying along. I would not hesitate to recommend you.
akarmalife• 21 May 2018
"Thanks so much, that was perfect, just the atmostphere we were after
From the akarmalife newsletter:
""The evening drew to a close with a relaxed social evening of entertainment which came in the form of vintage music from the incredibly talented May Blossom (with some stunning dancing from our students and staff)"""
Sywell Aviation Musecum• 31 Mar 2018
"""Thank you so much for your kind support of the Sywell Aviation Museum Grand Opening! Your brilliant singing added hugely to the atmosphere, it was fab of you to come! See you next year!
Best wishes and thanks again, All at Sywell Aviation Museum"
akarmalife• 21 Apr 2018
You were perfect, just the right balance of music, thank you.
akarmalife• 21 Apr 2018
"You were perfect, just what we were looking for, thank you.
From the akarma newsletter:
""The evening drew to a close with a relaxed social evening of entertainment which came in the form of vintage music from the incredibly talented May Blossom (with some stunning dancing from our students and staff) and some jaw dropping close up magic from Colin Reid."""
- Who are your previous clients?IN 2017 Wrest at War, Thorpe Camp, Newport Pagnell 1940s weekend, antique fairs, private clients, nursing homes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I am able to sing for up to an hour, then take a 10 minute break
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If I can I am happy to.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, family parties, tea parties, reenactment events, charity events, nursing home performances
- How much space do you require?If it's just me and the PA very little space (around 6ft square, ideally) If I am with a piano then around 10ft square
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a battery powered PA that gives up to 8 hours, so can sing in most locations No lighting
- How long do you play for?I'm very lucky that I can sing for hours. I usually request a 10 minute break in each hour.
Choose from over 200 songs and put together one or more sets to create exactly the atmosphere you want. I specialise in songs from the war years and the 1950s, but I also perform some early rock n rol...