Hi, I’m Matt a Photographer based in Hampshire but enjoy travelling around the South taking clients photos. I have been fascinated by art and photography for as long as I can remember. I studied Media at University, and photography was one area that I naturally had a flair for and so my fascination with photography grew.
My photography has enabled me to travel and see amazing places whilst working as a photographer on cruise ships and also on placement in Australia. The reason I love my job is that I get to go to great places and meet amazing and interesting people. Everyone has a different story to tell and I tell mine through a picture.
I have worked on the commercial side of the industry as a full-time photographer for ASOS (worldwide online retailer) and worked in studios of varying sizes taking individuals/ family and children portrait style images.
Throughout my years as a photographer, I have gained a wealth of knowledge in the industry and new skills from other fellow photographers. I would never mock anyone else's work as everyone's style is different and unique. However, I strongly believe in a more natural documentary style photographing which tells a story and captures the uniqueness in each individual and each moment.
So this is me and this is how I work - please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have - no hard sell I promise.
Jay P Stewart• July 14, 2020
Very good day in the middle of a few sad days. From our day being cancelled to giving Matt 6 days notice of our wedding day. He was a true professional. The day was rushed due to a parent being very unwell. Matt captured exactly what we wanted and spoke to our family with such kindness. He then rushed through some images so it gave us something to enjoy". Please book him you won't be disappointed.
Lewis Coombes• March 15, 2020
Matt was friendly and encouraging, putting us all at ease during /the photoshoot. Particularly impressed with how he communicated and interacted with our young children. Really happy with the end product. Would definitely recommend.
Marcia Moloney• Jan. 10, 2020
We used Matt and Karen for our Wedding photography. They were approachable, friendly, fun and professional. They listened to our ideas about what we wanted and on the day created some amazing photos, which exceeded our wishes. I highly recommend Matt and Karen.
Katie Taylor• Jan. 6, 2020
I’m so glad I chose Matt to capture my wedding. He was professional from start to finish and me and my husband are thrilled with our beautiful photos from our special day :) highly recommend
Amber-lea Mackins• Jan. 3, 2020
Matt is super talented! We took our 2 girls for a shoot and we loved every single picture. The girls were a little shy at first and Matt being so friendly, it didn’t take them long to feel relaxed and posing away. Couldn’t recommend more xx
Services From Matthew Johnston Photography
Express Wedding Package
Corporate Private Function
Half Day Wedding Photography Package
Full Day Wedding Photography Package
Complete Wedding Photography Package
Classic Photography Package
Event/Reception Photo Stand
Celebration Event - Anniversary / Birthdays & Special Occasions
Asian Wedding Full Package
What services do you offer?
What does the wedding package include?
Depending on package: 3/ 5/ 9 or 12 hours High resolution images in colour, black and white Personalised USB in wooden gift box Photo Booth
Do you cover more than one wedding a day?
What style of photos do you take?
Candid/ natural/ smiles/
What kind of technology do you use?
Cannon digital camera
Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?
What's the delivery time for photographic report?
Sneak preview the following day or so 2 weeks for full edits
Do you send all the photos taken?
Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?
Work alone unless having the 'Complete' package were I use an assistant photographer
In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?
Yes if I can
Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?
Yes unless otherwise agreed
18 Must-Have Photos on Your Wedding Day:
1. Getting ready
2. Personality pic (Sometimes wedding photos can seem very formal, make sure your personality shines through as well! Don’t miss an opportunity to be silly and to have photos taken that actually capture the rollercoaster of emotions a wedding day consists of. Seriously, look how happy these two look!)
4. Invitation suite
5. Generational photo (If you are lucky enough to have parents and grandparents celebrate your special day with you, do not miss the opportunity for a generational photo. We love this up close photo showing off three generations of happily married ladies!)
7. Individual bridal party shots
8. The reception space (empty) While of course, you are excited to have your reception space filled with your favorite people, make sure you have some shots of it empty so you can truly appreciate and remember the details!
11. The Rings
12. Confetti or other fun exits
13. Groom portrait
14. The Veil
15. The little ones
16. Favors or welcome bags
17. Bride and Groom gifts and letters (If you plan to gift your other half the morning of the wedding, wait until your photographer arrives! There is such an amazing photo op for your photographer as you read the sweet letter or open the sentimental gift!)
18. Hair and makeup shots