Magdalena Helen is a Leeds/Edinburgh based musician with a BMus (Hons) degree from The University of Edinburgh and a Computer Music MA from the University of Leeds.
She is a composer, violinist, singer, computer musician, clarinettist, and pianist, with interests in composition, computer music and creative programming, acoustics, and mathematics. Magdalena has performed internationally (singing in the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod); she has performed for various music festivals (Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Eisteddfod), radio and TV shows (various BBC radio and TV, Real radio), musical theatre productions (performances at the Alhambra theatre), and performs with professional ensembles (currently with the Edinburgh Contemporary Music Ensemble (ECME) and LSTwo). At the moment, Magdalena is studying for a Graduate Diploma in Mathematics.
Kirsty Mills• Aug. 31, 2019
Very happy thank you so much made our day even more special
Hannah• May 5, 2019
Thank you for playing so beautifully at our wedding & for taking the time to learn new music for us. You were so kind and helpful.
Hannah & Jon x
Angela Rollins• Aug. 17, 2019
Absolutely fantastic violinist, my wedding party thoroughly enjoyed her music!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, formal evening events, radio and television, cathedral and church services, and many more!
- Who are your previous clients?Private formal events, BBC radio and TV, various church services, etc.
- How long do you play for?It depends on the event.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Send me the details and I will take a look. If I've been given enough time to learn the piece, I should be able to perform it for the event.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I take a 15 minute break every hour.
If you are seeking a musician (composer/ performer(s)/ other), or have a general booking enquiry, please send full requirement details.