Magdalena Helen is a Leeds/Edinburgh based musician with a BMus (Hons) degree from The University of Edinburgh and a Computer Music MA from the University of Leeds.
She is a composer, violinist, singer, computer musician, clarinettist, and pianist, with interests in composition, computer music and creative programming, acoustics, and mathematics. Magdalena has performed internationally (singing in the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod); she has performed for various music festivals (Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Eisteddfod), radio and TV shows (various BBC radio and TV, Real radio), musical theatre productions (performances at the Alhambra theatre), and performs with professional ensembles (currently with the Edinburgh Contemporary Music Ensemble (ECME) and LSTwo). At the moment, Magdalena is studying for a Graduate Diploma in Mathematics.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I take a 15 minute break every hour.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Send me the details and I will take a look. If I've been given enough time to learn the piece, I should be able to perform it for the event.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No.
- How long do you play for?It depends on the event.
- Who are your previous clients?Private formal events, BBC radio and TV, various church services, etc.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, formal evening events, radio and television, cathedral and church services, and many more!
If you are seeking a musician (composer/ performer(s)/ other), or have a general booking enquiry, please send full requirement details.