We are a 9-11 piece Soul band, and can offer 6-8 piece for smaller venues.
We mainly perform authentic Atlantic/Stax Soul, with a little Motown, some Disco/Funk, a few RnB, and a few alternative songs in a Soulful style (eg Seven Nation Army!).
We are also going to introduce a few jazz/swing numbers in 2019, possibly building to a 45-60min set of that as an additional option.
The full line-up is one female lead vocalist and two male lead vocalists; 4-piece horns section (2x Sax, trumpet and trombone), 4-piece usual backline (keys, guitar, bass and drums).
We can offer optional iPod music, we have our own PA, public liability insurance and fully PAT-tested.
April Hayhurst• 26 Jan 2018
"We held an event for our employer awards, where Madison Avenue UK played at the end of the awards ceremony.
The 10-piece soul band were a great hit with everyone of all ages, both men and women. It’s unusual for a dance floor to be full all night - people really enjoyed themselves.
The sound was amazing and the singers were stunning. An all-round fabulous band who I would recommend for any occasion.
Versatile, accommodating, talented people, creating amazing entertainment. So great I h...
Tony & Emma• 24 Jun 2017
"Many thanks for an excellent performance - all really had a ball!
Thank you for remaining flexible and working with us - great team effort.
Look forward to booking you again."
Adam• 24 Mar 2018
“Madison Avenue performed at our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed their music. In particular, the three singers were brilliant and really complimented each other in terms of range and style.”
- What does the band wear?There are photos of us on facebook and our website - generally the back-line and brass section wear smart clothes (black, white and grey), with maybe sparkly touches - we can be suited or dinner jacket if required! The singers usually add a little colour and more sparkle.
- Who are your previous clients?Overload Festival Pumping Station, Cropston, Leicester Clumsy Swan, Yardley, Birmingham - they have re-booked us for a larger fee later in the year Private Party, Daventry - joint silver wedding, 50th birthday and 18th birthday, 100+ guests at a private house, we performed outdoors near a swimming pool Derby College Jan 2018 - an Awards Evening. Weddings booked for March and June 2018.
- What are the highlights of your career?being booked for a private party before we'd done our first gig! and it went well! being booked for a corporate event at Derby College
- Do we need to feed the band?It's not compulsory, but some food and drink is much appreciated on a long evening, and saves us either going off site between sound-check and the first set, or bringing our own.
- Does the price include travel?yes, for up to 50 miles, with a small additional fee for longer distances
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?the standard gig is 2x45 minute sets (plus encore), with a 15-30 minute break, but we are flexible we can split to three sets, as we had to do last minute due to a catering mishap at a recent private party!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?given adequate notice we are happy to add one or two requests - if it isn't Soul, we reserve the right to "soulify" it a bit!
- How much space do you require?ideally 21 foot wide by 12 foot deep for the full 10-11 piece band, but we can squeeze into less! for smaller venues we can offer a 6-8 piece band
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes, both
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?we have our own PA and sound system - we may hire in with a sound engineer for larger events we have limited lighting
- How long do you play for?minimum 100 minutes: the standard gig is 2x45 minute sets plus an encore - but we can do that as one long Set or stretch that or split into three sets, on request we are building a jazz/swing set, as an additional option, which should be available late 2018/early 2019
- How can event planners pay for your services?bank transfer ideally (or cash/cheque) - all in advance
- What kind of events do you usually serve?we now mainly do parties, weddings and corporate events, plus the occasional function/ticketed pub/club
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?1. big brass section 2. multiple lead vocalists 3. we do some standards but also some alternative songs in a Soul style, with many of our own arrangements 4. we have male and female band members, with a broad age range from early 20s to late 50s
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We offer a big sound and Soul plus more, with a big brass section and multiple vocalists.
Typically 2x45 minute sets plus an encore, other options available on request.
Featuring songs from Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Wilson Pickett, Stevie Wonder, Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire, James Br...