We are a 8-11 piece Soul band, and can offer 6-8 piece for smaller venues.
We mainly perform authentic Atlantic/Stax Soul, with a little Motown, some Disco/Funk, a few RnB, and a few alternative songs in a Soulful style.
The full line-up is one female lead vocalist and two male lead vocalists; all-female 4-piece horns section (2x Sax, trumpet and trombone), 4-piece usual backline (keys, guitar, bass and drums).
We can offer optional iPod music, we have our own PA, public liability insurance and fully PAT-tested.
Adam• March 24, 2018
“Madison Avenue performed at our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed their music. In particular, the three singers were brilliant and really complimented each other in terms of range and style.”
April Hayhurst• Jan. 26, 2018
"We held an event for our employer awards, where Madison Avenue UK played at the end of the awards ceremony.
The 10-piece soul band were a great hit with everyone of all ages, both men and women. It’s unusual for a dance floor to be full all night - people really enjoyed themselves.
The sound was amazing and the singers were stunning. An all-round fabulous band who I would recommend for any occasion.
Versatile, accommodating, talented people, creating amazing entertainment. So great I have booked them for my wedding!"
Tony & Emma• June 24, 2017
"Many thanks for an excellent performance - all really had a ball!
Thank you for remaining flexible and working with us - great team effort.
Look forward to booking you again."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We offer a big sound and Soul plus more, with an all-female horns section and multiple vocalists.
- What are the highlights of your career?Multiple bookings at Branston Golf Club for private and corporate functions. Headline act at Derby College's awards evening two years in a row. Playing the main stage twice at Wicked Hathern Fest in 2018 and 2019. Resident Christmas party band for Sketchley Grange Hotel Spa in Leicestershire.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?1. Three excellent lead vocalists with three-part harmonies 2. 4-piece, all-female horns section 3. We do some standards but also some alternative songs in a Soul style, with many of our own arrangements 4. We have male and female band members, with a broad age range from early 20s to late 50 with lots of musical experience.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We now mainly do parties, weddings and corporate events, plus the occasional function/ticketed pub/club.
- Who are your previous clients?Derby College; Branston Golf Club; Sketchley Grange Hotel Spa; Manor Hotel, Wolverhampton; Wicked Hathern Fest; Pumping Station, Cropston; Various private parties, weddings and functions; Various pubs and clubs
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer ideally (or cash/cheque) - all in advance
- How long do you play for?Minimum 100 minutes: the standard gig is 2x45 minute sets plus an encore - but we can do that as one long set or stretch that or split into three sets, on request.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA and lighting systems, and our own sound engineer. We also have lighting and can provide a DJ service as an extra request.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, both.
- How much space do you require?Ideally 21 foot wide by 12 foot deep for the full 10-11 piece band, but we can squeeze into less! For smaller venues we can offer a 6-8 piece band.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given adequate notice we are happy to add one or two requests - if it isn't Soul, we reserve the right to "soulify" it a bit! We are also happy to learn your first dance for your wedding, again as long as enough notice is given.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?The standard gig is 2x45 minute sets (plus encore), with a 15-30 minute break, but we are flexible. We can split to three sets, as we had to do last minute due to a catering mishap at a recent private party!
- Does the price include travel?Yes, for up to 50 miles, with a small additional fee for longer distances.
- What does the band wear?There are photos of us on Facebook and our website - generally the back-line and horns section wear smart clothes (black, white and grey), with maybe sparkly touches - we can be suited or dinner jacket if required! The singers usually add a little colour and more sparkle.
- Do we need to feed the band?It's not compulsory, but some food and drink is much appreciated on a long evening, and saves us either going off site between sound-check and the first set, or bringing our own.
Typically 2x45 minute sets plus an encore, other options available on request.
Featuring songs from Otis Redding, The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Drifters, Sam Cooke, Wilson Pickett, Stevie Wonder, Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire, James Brown, Sam & Dave, Ray Charles, Al Green, Eddie Floyd / Rose Royce, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Martha and the Vandellas, Fontella Bass, Nina Simone and many more.
Some example songs - the Current Set List is being expanded constantly to offer more customisation and choice to suit an event.
Ain't No Stopping Us Now
Another Saturday Night
Bring It On Home To Me
Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Dock of the Bay
Get Down On It
Green Onions (Instr)
Hard To Handle
Help Me Make It Through The Night
How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)
I Got You (I Feel Good)
I Want You Back
If You Don't Know Me By Now
In The Midnight Hour
I've Been Loving You Too Long
Knock on Wood
Let's Stay Together
Mr Big Stuff
Never Give Up On A Good Thing
Pick up the Pieces (Instr)
Piece of my Heart
Seven Nation Army
Stand by Me
Sweet Soul Music
Time Is Tight (Instr)
Twistin' the Night Away
Under The Boardwalk
When A Man Loves A Woman
You To Me Are Everything
Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher
You're More Than a Number in my Little Red Book