LYNDA STYAN - SOLO, (FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL) VINTAGE SINGER - also part of RED HOT UKULELE DUO (the Duo an option) -
PERFORMED AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM
EVERY ASPECT OF VINTAGE MUSIC CATERED FOR AND
CAN ALSO PERFORM A SWINGING SIXTIES FLOOR-FILLERS SET, ALSO WITH SOME 1950s ROCK AND ROLL
FULL MEMBER OF EQUITY - the PERFORMER'S UNION
TRAINING - Three Year Professional Acting/Singing Course with Musical Theatre at the GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND DRAMA, LONDON
LYNDA CAN 'THEME' EVENTS, FOR EXAMPLE A 'ROARING 1920S NIGHT'. 'SWINGING 1950S/1960S' NIGHT, and other Vntage Acts
ERAS OF MUSIC COVERED - 1920s/30s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s (see breakdown of different eras and acts below)
Can sing QUIET JAZZ STYLE background music if required.
Also, Edwardian Music Hall/First War act (Downton Abbey/Songs of 'Old London' and America)
MAJOR VENUES PERFORMED AT: London Palladium, Goodwood Revival, Twinwood Festival, National Trust, Epsom Racecourse, Skylon Restaurant, Savoy Hotel, Kensington Olympia Hotel, Selfridges, Union Jack Club (London) Thames Riverboat Cruises, Imperial War Museum Duxford, Brooklands Motor Museum and Military Events everywhere. Corporate engagements: Marks and Spencer PLC, Tesco Head Office PLC, Ralph LaurenPLC, Aston MartinPLC, Churchill PLC, also Charities: Terapia Charity
Downton Abbey Ball, Regent Ballroom, London.
Many private parties and functions all over England - PLEASE LOOK AT POPTOP PHOTOS TO SEE DIFFERENT EVENTS
Full Member of Equity, the Performer's Union -
Ukulele can be used in all the acts described below if required. Also able to 'walkabout' with ukulele, singing (acoustically)
Specialising in the following vintage categories:
1. FIRST WORLD WAR/Edwardian Music Hall/DOWNTON ABBEY/Songs of 'Old London' etc.
2. 1920s/ROARING TWENTIES/Peaky Blinders/Jazz/GATSBY act
3. 1940s - SECOND WORLD WAR and AMERICAN SWING/BRITISH WARTIME songs act
5. 1950s- Songs from the 1950s, ROCK AND ROLL and Michael Buble style AMERICAN SWING
This 1950s act includes a 20 minute MARILYN MONROE act with 7 of her most popular songs
6. 1960s - Songs from the Swinging Sixties (Boy Bands/Female Singers) - SIXTIES SET INCLUDES SWINGING SIXTIES DANCE SET/FLOOR FILLERS SET
7. CHRISTMAS ACT - with an array of varied Christmas songs, including Michael Buble and Dean Martin
Roy Goodey - Owner - Under Fire Museum, Twinwood Vintage Festival, Bedford• May 1, 2019
"""We are fortunate to have entertainment in the afternoon
by the amazing Lynda Styan, featuring songs made
famous by Marilyn (Monroe)""
Roy Goodey - Owner - Under Fire Museum - Twinwood Vintage Festival, Bedford"
Joyce Davis• Feb. 27, 2019
On behalf of all the members at Northwood JACS I would like to thank you very much for a most interesting and above all entertaining afternoon. There was something for everyone in your performance which was enjoyed by one and all not least by me. Your performance was not only entertaining but very nostalgic.
Carol McGuire• Feb. 26, 2019
Lynda was an absolute joy from beginning to end. She was a true professional with an abundance of energy. She went above and beyond to help the part go with a bang. The audience adored her show, my phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day with compliments of the event.
Bryan Gilbert• Feb. 26, 2019
"Saw Lynda today at a party. She was very good and I enjoyed every moment.
At one point had everyone up and dancing.Excellent."
Lynda Styan was the singer recently at our 'milestone' McCarthy and Stone Corporate Anniversary Party, and everyone present at the Event really enjoyed the Show. I would definitely recommend this singer
Lynda, your presence and performance was out of this world. Your passion for the era is so good. I think everyone should have a 'Lynda' at their parties. Thank you
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Every Event catered for. Private Parties, Corporate Events, Theatres, Nightclubs or Vintage Fairs/Events, Staff Party Corporate Events, Birthday and Wedding Celebrations, Museums, Restaurants, Riverboat trips, Military Events, Vintage Festivals, and basically anything 'nostalgic' or 'vintage'!
- Who are your previous clients?LONDON PALLADIUM. Goodwood Revival (6 times). Twinwood Festival (nine times!!) and again this year in 2019. Vintage Hemingway (all over country). Museums all over the country including: Milton Keynes Museum, Amberley Working Museum, Brooklands Motor Museum, and many more. Brooklands Motor Museum used on regular basis for many Events. North Weald Air Museum - Vintage Events. Masonic Socities includiing Dover Masonic Society. Military Events all over the country, including: Larkhill Barracks, Aldershot Barracks and many more (1940s Events), also Military Odyssey, Kent. 1940s Events all over the country, including Rushden 1940s Events. Steam Railways all over the country, including Watercress Line, South Devon Steam Railway (5 times). Epsom Racecourse (Christmas residency at the Jockey Club of 1920s Gatsby nights). Thames Riverboat Cruises on boat 'Pride of Surrey' 1920s Events. National Trust all over the country, including: Rufford Abbey, Clumber Park, Hughenden Manor, Wimpole Estate. County Council Vintage Events including: Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council (First War Events). Restaurants all around the country, including REID'S of Billericay (themed Gatsby nights). Vintage Pageants including Enfield Pageant of Motoring. Private parties and Events all over England. LONDON ENGAGEMENTS: Volupte Lounge, London Regent's Ballroom London (the prestigious Downton Abbey Ball). Union Jack Club London (many Events for BBC Broadcaster Radio Four, Paddy O'Connell). Skylon Restaurant London. Savoy Hotel London with Black Cat Rhythm Orchestra With Carl Spencer's 1920s Band 'Spencer's Nighthawks' (formerly the Charleston Chasers). Hilton Olympia Hotel London. Radisson Hotel Chain London. RESIDENCY at Selfridges of Oxford Street, London. CORPORATE CLIENTS INCLUDE ........... (recent) include: Marks and Spencer PLC (Staff Event) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes, Tesco Head Office (staff 1920s Event) Bayswater, London. Ralph Lauren (at Goodwood Revival), Aston Martin (at Goodwood Revival). Innumerable Vintage Events, Celebrations and Parties.
- How long do you play for?Two half hour sets. Three half hour sets. Two forty-five minute sets. Short cabaret sets of 15/20 minutes. Can also 'walk about' (acoustically), with ukulele, OR can adapt sets to the client's requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system which is state-of-the-art and 2,000 watts. I also have a smaller PA for more intimate venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance with Equity - Performer's Union Everything is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I have a 'set list' of songs for all the eras - please ask for the set list of songs already in my act, and I will email it to you through Poptop
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will only take short breaks - maybe 15 minutes
- Am I happy to negotiate on fees?Yes, I am ALWAYS happy to negotiate on fees! Please do ask me through Poptop and I am sure I can fit in with whatever your budget is!!
1. Edwardian Music Hall/First World War act (Downton Abbey act) - performed at the Kensington Olympia Hotel, London
PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES OLD KIT BAG (Florrie Ford)
LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY (Florrie Ford)
DON'T DILLY DALLY ON THE WAY (Marie Lloyd)
ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND
OH, I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE (Mark Sheridan)
2. 1920s/1930s/Gatsby/Peaky Blinders act - performed for Marks and Spencer PLC, (Corporate) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes and Selfridges, London
I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU (MARILYN MONROE)
THE CHARLESTON (various artists)
AS TIME GOES BY (various artists but Bryan Ferry recorded it)
HAPPY FEET (from the 'Penguin' film .... 'Happy Feet')
LET'S FACE THE MUSIC AND DANCE - Fred Astaire and later, Natkin Cole
ANYTHING GOES (Michael Ball)
3. 1940s - Second World War act (British and American Wartime) act - performed at the Twinwood Glenn Miller Festival, Bedford
WE'LL MEET AGAIN (Vera Lynn)
DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE (The Andrews Sisters)
LAMBETH WALK (various artists, including Gracie Fields)
WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER (Vera Lynn/Anne Shelton)
IN THE MOOD (GLENN MILLER)
BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY (Andrews Sisters)
4. 1950s - Rock and Roll/Marilyn Monroe/Michael Buble Swing act: - performed for Tesco - Corporate Hospitality - Bayswater, London
MICHAEL BUBLE/FRANK SINATRA STYLE SWING - FOR EXAMPLE
'COME FLY WITH ME'
'I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU'
Marilyn Monroe set including : DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND
Rock and Roll set, including: BLUEBERRY HILL (Fats Domino)
ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK (Bill Hayley and Comets)
TUTTI FRUTTI (Little Richard)
HOUND DOG (Elvis Presley)
5. 1960s act - Songs from the Swinging Sixties (Boy Bands/Female singers) act - performed at Goodwood Revival, Sussex
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE (The Beatles)
DOWN TOWN (Petula Clark)
LET'S TWIST AGAIN (like we did last Summer) - Chubby Checker
TWIST AND SHOUT (The Beatles)
BOBBY'S GIRL - (Susan Maughn)
MY BOY LOLLIPOP (Millie)
YOU GOT ME GOING - The Kinks
THERE SHE WAS JUST A WALKING DOWN THE STREET (Do-Wah-Diddy)
(1960s Band - Paul Jones and Manfred Man).
PLEASE NOTE ............ ERAS CAN BE MIXED AND MATCHED. FOR EXAMPLE, THE 1920s/30s and the 1940s, the 1950s and the 1960s, or whatever the client requires.