LYNDA STYAN - SOLO, (FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL) VINTAGE SINGER - also part of RED HOT UKULELE DUO (the Duo an option) -
PLAYED THE CHARACTER OF NOLA on BBC T.V's 'ALLO ALLO
TRAINED ACTRESS AND SINGER AT THE GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND DRAMA, LONDON
PERFORMED and SUNG AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM
VAST EXPERIENCE AT MULTITUDE OF VINTAGE VENUES and ALL STYLES OF VINTAGE VENUE
SUNG AT CELEBRITY PARTIES, FOR INSTANCE - DAME ESTHER RANTZEN - SEE PHOTOGRAPH ON POPTOP SITE
EVERY ASPECT OF VINTAGE MUSIC CATERED FOR AND
CAN ALSO PERFORM A SWINGING SIXTIES FLOOR-FILLERS SET, ALSO WITH SOME 1950s ROCK AND ROLL
FULL MEMBER OF EQUITY - the PERFORMER'S UNION
TRAINING - Three Year Professional Acting/Singing Course with Musical Theatre at the GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND DRAMA, LONDON
LYNDA CAN 'THEME' EVENTS, FOR EXAMPLE A 'ROARING 1920S NIGHT'. 'SWINGING 1950S/1960S' NIGHT, and other Vntage Acts
ERAS OF MUSIC COVERED - 1920s/30s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s (see breakdown of different eras and acts below)
Can sing QUIET JAZZ STYLE background music if required.
Also, Edwardian Music Hall/First War act (Downton Abbey/Songs of 'Old London' and America)
MAJOR VENUES PERFORMED AT: LONDON PALLADIUM, CELEBRITY PARTIES including party for DAME ESTHER RANTZEN .... (see photo attached), Goodwood Revival (six times), Twinwood Festival (8 times), National Trust all over UK, Epsom Racecourse (Christmas Residencies), Skylon Restaurant London, Residency at Selfridges London, Residency at the Mandeville Hotel, (London West End), Savoy Hotel London, Kensington Olympia Hotel London, Union Jack Club London, Thames Riverboat Cruises,(on boat Pride of Surrey), Imperial War Museum Duxford, Brooklands Motor Museum and many other Museums and Military Events everywhere. Corporate engagements: Marks and Spencer PLC, Tesco Head Office PLC, Ralph Lauren PLC, Aston Martin PLC, Churchill PLC, also Charities: Terapia Charrty and British Legions everywhere.
Downton Abbey Ball, Regent Ballroom, London. Numerous Military Events, Golf Clubs, Bowling Clubs and other venues all over U.K.
Major Cabaret Venues and London Nightclubs including The Brewery London, Volupte Lounge London, ICA London, 100 Club and many more.
Many private parties and functions all over England - PLEASE LOOK AT POPTOP PHOTOS TO SEE DIFFERENT EVENTS
Full Member of Equity, the Performer's Union -
Ukulele can be used in all the acts described below if required. Also able to 'walkabout' with ukulele, singing (acoustically)
Specialising in the following vintage categories:
1. FIRST WORLD WAR/Edwardian Music Hall/DOWNTON ABBEY/Songs of 'Old London' etc.
2. 1920s/ROARING TWENTIES/Peaky Blinders/Jazz/GATSBY act
3. 1940s - SECOND WORLD WAR and AMERICAN SWING/BRITISH WARTIME songs act
5. 1950s- Songs from the 1950s, ROCK AND ROLL and Michael Buble style AMERICAN SWING
This 1950s act includes a 20 minute MARILYN MONROE act with 7 of her most popular songs
6. 1960s - Songs from the Swinging Sixties (Boy Bands/Female Singers) - SIXTIES SET INCLUDES SWINGING SIXTIES DANCE SET/FLOOR FILLERS SET
7. CHRISTMAS ACT - with an array of varied Christmas songs, including Michael Buble and Dean Martin
Eve Pengelly• Dec. 11, 2019
Lynda was brilliant, we all had a good sing along, thank you
Barbara Smith• Nov. 9, 2019
Lynda was fabulous, so friendly but proffessional, her singing her voice was lovely, loved how she had people up dancing whilst she was singing, so glad I found her through you she is such and asset to be on your books, I would love to be able to post another party just so I could book Lynda Thank you Lynda
Sue Clark• June 28, 2019
Absolutely amazing performance!
Lynda’s song choices were spot on singing songs from the 20’s all the way through to the sixties.
Our senior members and their families were all up dancing and singing along to what was, a brilliant afternoon.
A huge thank you Lynda
We will be definatley be booking Lynda again and can not rate her performance high enough.
Gill• June 5, 2019
What can I say about Lynda Styan?
She is the most remarkable performer. The ultimate professional .
Punctual beautifully presented and equipped.
Her performance was spell binding.She sang so beautifully and brought her audience into her act with professional skill.Her act was perfectly tailor made for the occasion , the Centenary of our Bowling Club.
Everyone went home singing her praises. What an amazing event.
We have booked her back for another event in August.
I would not hesitate to forward a recommendation.
Mill Hill Bowling Club
Carol McGuire• Feb. 26, 2019
Lynda was an absolute joy from beginning to end. She was a true professional with an abundance of energy. She went above and beyond to help the part go with a bang. The audience adored her show, my phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day with compliments of the event.
Bryan Kennett• July 10, 2019
Lynda is a 'star' - no doubt about that!
She performed for us at our Tesco Retired Colleague Corporate Event recently, and we really enjoyed her performance. We have re-booked her for another Event and would definitely recommend this singer.
Services From Lynda Styan
RED HOT UKULELE DUO (vintage ukulele/vocal duo)
LYNDA STYAN - 1960s act
LYNDA STYAN - Jazz/Nostalgic Torch Songs
LYNDA STYAN - 1940s act (American Swing/British songs)
LYNDA STYAN - 1920s/30s - Gatsby act
LYNDA STYAN - First World War/Downton Abbey act
LYNDA STYAN - 1950s Act (Swing/Rock & Roll)
LYNDA STYAN - VINTAGE SINGER - 1920S/30s (Gatsby), 1940s (Swing), 1950s (Rock & Roll/Swing), 1960s. Also Downton Abbey/Music Hall act
- What kind of events do you usually serve?EVERY VINTAGE EVENT CATERED FOR .............. Private Parties, Corporate Events, Theatres, Nightclubs. Vintage Fairs/Events, Corporate Events, Birthday and Wedding Celebrations, Museums, Golf Clubs, Bowling Clubs, Restaurants, Riverboat trips, Military Events, Vintage Festivals, major London Hotels (and other Hotels nationwide), and basically anything 'nostalgic' or 'vintage'! I have actually played at every type of Vintage Event!
- Who are your previous clients?LONDON PALLADIUM ................... CELEBRITY PARTIES - performed at major party for DAME ESTHER RANTZEN - (OBE) and PADDY O'CONNELL - (RADIO FOUR PRESENTER) MAJOR VINTAGE EVENTS INCLUDING: Goodwood Revival (6 times). Twinwood Festival (nine times!!) Vintage Hemingway (all over country) ................ . MUSEUMS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY INCLUDING ....: Milton Keynes Museum, Amberley Working Museum, Brooklands Motor Museum, Imperial War Museum Duxford, North Weald Air Museum and many more. GOLF CLUBS, BOWLING CLUBS, BRITISH LEGION CLUBS AND MASONIC CLUBS ALL OVER ENGLAND ............ MILITARY EVENTS all over the country, including: Larkhill Barracks, Aldershot Barracks and Military Odyssey ............... STEAM RAILWAYS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY INCLUDING: Watercress Line, South Devon Steam Railway (5 times) ............. RACECOURSES AND RIVERBOATS INCLUDING:................... Epsom Racecourse (Christmas residency at the Jockey Club of 1920s Gatsby nights). Thames Riverboat Cruises on boat 'Pride of Surrey' 1920s Events .................... NATIONAL TRUST ALL OVER THE COUNTRY INCLUDING: Rufford Abbey, Clumber Park, Hughenden Manor, Wimpole Estate ............ VINTAGE COUNTRY COUNCIL EVENTS INCLUDING; Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council (First War Events) ............ . RESTAURANTS AND NIGHTCLUBS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY INCLUDING: Reid's of Billericay (themed Gatsby nights).................. Volupte Lounge (Vintage Nightclub/Cabaret spot), the Brewery, London ................. VINTAGE PAGEANTS including Enfield Pageant of Motoring PRIVATE PARTIES AND EVENTS ALL OVER ENGLAND ................ LONDON ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDING ................. Regent's Ballroom London (the prestigious Downton Abbey Ball). Union Jack Club London, Skylon Restaurant London, Savoy Hotel London. ICA - London, 100 Club, London .................. MAJOR LONDON HOTELS INCLUDING ............... Hilton Olympia Hotel London. Radisson Hotel Chain London. RESIDENCY at Selfridges of Oxford Street, London. Kensington Olympia Hotel, London Mandeville Hotel London West End - Residency of corporate 1920s Gatsby parties CORPORATE CLIENTS INCLUDE .................... (recent) include: Marks and Spencer PLC (Staff Event) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes, Tesco Head Office (staff 1920s Event) Bayswater, London. Ralph Lauren (at Goodwood Revival), Aston Martin (at Goodwood Revival), Churchill PLC, McCarthy and Stone PLC. Innumerable Vintage Events, Celebrations and Parties.
- How long do you play for?Two half hour sets. Three half hour sets. Two forty-five minute sets. Short cabaret sets of 15/20 minutes. Can also 'walk about' (acoustically), with ukulele, OR can adapt sets to the client's requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system which is state-of-the-art and 2,000 watts. I also have a smaller PA for more intimate venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance with Equity - Performer's Union Everything is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I have a 'set list' of songs for all the eras - please ask for the set list of songs already in my act, and I will email it to you through Poptop
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will only take short breaks - maybe 15 minutes
- Am I happy to negotiate on fees?Yes, I am ALWAYS happy to negotiate on fees! Please do ask me through Poptop and I am sure I can fit in with whatever your budget is!!
1. Edwardian Music Hall/First World War act (Downton Abbey act) - performed at the Kensington Olympia Hotel, London
PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES OLD KIT BAG (Florrie Ford)
LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY (Florrie Ford)
DON'T DILLY DALLY ON THE WAY (Marie Lloyd)
ALEXANDER'S RAGTIME BAND
OH, I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE (Mark Sheridan)
2. 1920s/1930s/Gatsby/Peaky Blinders act - performed for Marks and Spencer PLC, (Corporate) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes and Selfridges, London (residency)
I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU (MARILYN MONROE)
THE CHARLESTON (various artists)
AS TIME GOES BY (various artists but Bryan Ferry recorded it)
HAPPY FEET (from the 'Penguin' film .... 'Happy Feet')
LET'S FACE THE MUSIC AND DANCE - Fred Astaire and later, Natkin Cole
ANYTHING GOES (Michael Ball)
3. 1940s - Second World War act (British and American Wartime) act - performed at the Twinwood Glenn Miller Festival, Bedford
WE'LL MEET AGAIN (Vera Lynn)
DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE (The Andrews Sisters)
LAMBETH WALK (various artists, including Gracie Fields)
WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER (Vera Lynn/Anne Shelton)
IN THE MOOD (GLENN MILLER)
BOOGIE WOOGIE BUGLE BOY (Andrews Sisters)
4. 1950s - Rock and Roll/Marilyn Monroe/Michael Buble Swing act: - performed for Tesco - Corporate Hospitality - Bayswater, London
MICHAEL BUBLE/FRANK SINATRA STYLE SWING - FOR EXAMPLE
'COME FLY WITH ME'
'I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU'
Marilyn Monroe set including : DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND
Rock and Roll set, including: BLUEBERRY HILL (Fats Domino)
ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK (Bill Hayley and Comets)
TUTTI FRUTTI (Little Richard)
HOUND DOG (Elvis Presley)
5. 1960s act - Songs from the Swinging Sixties (Boy Bands/Female singers) act - performed at Goodwood Revival, Sussex
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE (The Beatles)
DOWN TOWN (Petula Clark)
LET'S TWIST AGAIN (like we did last Summer) - Chubby Checker
TWIST AND SHOUT (The Beatles)
BOBBY'S GIRL - (Susan Maughn)
MY BOY LOLLIPOP (Millie)
YOU GOT ME GOING - The Kinks
THERE SHE WAS JUST A WALKING DOWN THE STREET (Do-Wah-Diddy)
(1960s Band - Paul Jones and Manfred Man).
PLEASE NOTE ............ ERAS CAN BE MIXED AND MATCHED. FOR EXAMPLE, THE 1920s/30s and the 1940s, the 1950s and the 1960s, or whatever the client requires.