LYNDA STYAN - SOLO, (FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL) VINTAGE SINGER - also part of RED HOT UKULELE DUO (the Duo an option) -
PERFORMED AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM
EVERY ASPECT OF VINTAGE MUSIC CATERED FOR AND
CAN ALSO PERFORM A SWINGING SIXTIES FLOOR-FILLERS SET, ALSO WITH SOME 1950s ROCK AND ROLL
FULL MEMBER OF EQUITY - the PERFORMER'S UNION
TRAINING - Three Year Professional Acting/Singing Course with Musical Theatre at the GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC AND DRAMA, LONDON
LYNDA CAN 'THEME' EVENTS, FOR EXAMPLE A 'ROARING 1920S NIGHT'. 'SWINGING 1950S/1960S' NIGHT, and other Vntage Acts
ERAS OF MUSIC COVERED - 1920s/30s, 1940s, 1950s and 1960s (see breakdown of different eras and acts below)
Can sing QUIET JAZZ STYLE background music if required.
Also, Edwardian Music Hall/First War act (Downton Abbey/Songs of 'Old London' and America)
MAJOR VENUES PERFORMED AT: London Palladium, Goodwood Revival, Twinwood Festival, National Trust, Epsom Racecourse, Skylon Restaurant, Savoy Hotel, Kensington O...
Sue Clark• 28 Jun 2019
Absolutely amazing performance!
Lynda’s song choices were spot on singing songs from the 20’s all the way through to the sixties.
Our senior members and their families were all up dancing and singing along to what was, a brilliant afternoon.
A huge thank you Lynda
We will be definatley be booking Lynda again and can not rate her performance high enough.
Carol McGuire• 26 Feb 2019
Lynda was an absolute joy from beginning to end. She was a true professional with an abundance of energy. She went above and beyond to help the part go with a bang. The audience adored her show, my phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day with compliments of the event.
Bryan Kennett• 10 Jul 2019
Lynda is a 'star' - no doubt about that!
She performed for us at our Tesco Retired Colleague Corporate Event recently, and we really enjoyed her performance. We have re-booked her for another Event and would definitely recommend this singer.
Roy Goodey - Owner - Under Fire Museum, Twinwood Vintage Festival, Bedford• 1 May 2019
"""We are fortunate to have entertainment in the afternoon
by the amazing Lynda Styan, featuring songs made
famous by Marilyn (Monroe)""
Roy Goodey - Owner - Under Fire Museum - Twinwood Vintage Festival, Bedford"
Gill• 5 Jun 2019
What can I say about Lynda Styan?
She is the most remarkable performer. The ultimate professional .
Punctual beautifully presented and equipped.
Her performance was spell binding.She sang so beautifully and brought her audience into her act with professional skill.Her act was perfectly tailor made for the occasion , the Centenary of our Bowling Club.
Everyone went home singing her praises. What an amazing event.
We have booked her back for another event in August.
I would not hesitate to f...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Every Event catered for. Private Parties, Corporate Events, Theatres, Nightclubs or Vintage Fairs/Events, Staff Party Corporate Events, Birthday and Wedding Celebrations, Museums, Restaurants, Riverboat trips, Military Events, Vintage Festivals, and basically anything 'nostalgic' or 'vintage'!
- Who are your previous clients?LONDON PALLADIUM. Goodwood Revival (6 times). Twinwood Festival (nine times!!) and again this year in 2019. Vintage Hemingway (all over country). Museums all over the country including: Milton Keynes Museum, Amberley Working Museum, Brooklands Motor Museum, and many more. Brooklands Motor Museum used on regular basis for many Events. North Weald Air Museum - Vintage Events. Masonic Socities includiing Dover Masonic Society. Military Events all over the country, including: Larkhill Barracks, Aldershot Barracks and many more (1940s Events), also Military Odyssey, Kent. 1940s Events all over the country, including Rushden 1940s Events. Steam Railways all over the country, including Watercress Line, South Devon Steam Railway (5 times). Epsom Racecourse (Christmas residency at the Jockey Club of 1920s Gatsby nights). Thames Riverboat Cruises on boat 'Pride of Surrey' 1920s Events. National Trust all over the country, including: Rufford Abbey, Clumber Park, Hughenden Manor, Wimpole Estate. County Council Vintage Events including: Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council (First War Events). Restaurants all around the country, including REID'S of Billericay (themed Gatsby nights). Vintage Pageants including Enfield Pageant of Motoring. Private parties and Events all over England. LONDON ENGAGEMENTS: Volupte Lounge, London Regent's Ballroom London (the prestigious Downton Abbey Ball). Union Jack Club London (many Events for BBC Broadcaster Radio Four, Paddy O'Connell). Skylon Restaurant London. Savoy Hotel London with Black Cat Rhythm Orchestra With Carl Spencer's 1920s Band 'Spencer's Nighthawks' (formerly the Charleston Chasers). Hilton Olympia Hotel London. Radisson Hotel Chain London. RESIDENCY at Selfridges of Oxford Street, London. CORPORATE CLIENTS INCLUDE ........... (recent) include: Marks and Spencer PLC (Staff Event) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes, Tesco Head Office (staff 1920s Event) Bayswater, London. Ralph Lauren (at Goodwood Revival), Aston Martin (at Goodwood Revival). Innumerable Vintage Events, Celebrations and Parties.
- How long do you play for?Two half hour sets. Three half hour sets. Two forty-five minute sets. Short cabaret sets of 15/20 minutes. Can also 'walk about' (acoustically), with ukulele, OR can adapt sets to the client's requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system which is state-of-the-art and 2,000 watts. I also have a smaller PA for more intimate venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance with Equity - Performer's Union Everything is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I have a 'set list' of songs for all the eras - please ask for the set list of songs already in my act, and I will email it to you through Poptop
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will only take short breaks - maybe 15 minutes
- Am I happy to negotiate on fees?Yes, I am ALWAYS happy to negotiate on fees! Please do ask me through Poptop and I am sure I can fit in with whatever your budget is!!
1. Edwardian Music Hall/First World War act (Downton Abbey act) - performed at the Kensington Olympia Hotel, London
PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES OLD KIT BAG (Florrie Ford)
LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY (Florrie For...