LYNDA STYAN - SOLO FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL VINTAGE SINGER- also part of RED HOT UKULELE DUO
FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL VINTAGE SINGER
TRAINING - the GUILDHALL SCHOOL OF MUSIC & DRAMA, LONDON
Full Member of Equity, the Performer's Union -
Three-Year Professional Acting Course with Musical Theatre
Ukulele can be used in all the acts described below if required.
Specialising in the following vintage categories:
1. FIRST WORLD WAR/Edwardian Music Hall/DOWNTON ABBEY
2. 1920s/ROARING TWENTIES/Peaky Blinders/GATSBY act
3. 1940s - SECOND WORLD WAR and AMERICAN SWING/BRITISH WARTIME songs act
5. 1950s- Songs from the 1950s, ROCK AND ROLL and AMERICAN SWING
This 1950s act includes a 20 minute MARILYN MONROE act with 7 of her most popular songs
6. 1960s - Songs from the Swinging Sixties - SIXTIES SET INCLUDES SWINGING SIXTIES DANCE SET/FLOOR FILLERS
7. CHRISTMAS ACT - with an array of varied Christmas songs, including Michael Buble and Dean Martin
Carol McGuire• 26 Feb 2019
Lynda was an absolute joy from beginning to end. She was a true professional with an abundance of energy. She went above and beyond to help the part go with a bang. The audience adored her show, my phone hasn’t stopped ringing all day with compliments of the event.
Corrina Alder• 14 Feb 2019
Absolutely brilliant every body joined in with the songs will book her again definitely
Joyce Davis• 27 Feb 2019
On behalf of all the members at Northwood JACS I would like to thank you very much for a most interesting and above all entertaining afternoon. There was something for everyone in your performance which was enjoyed by one and all not least by me. Your performance was not only entertaining but very nostalgic.
'Lynda was employed for a Roaring Twenties/Peaky Blinders 'Silver Sunday Event' as part of Sanctuary Care in collaboration with Westminster Council's Silver Sunday Project. Her singing act went down very well indeed, and she was enjoyed by everyone attending. She is definitely has an excellent act, and I can certainly recommend her'.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Every Event catered for. Private Parties, Corporate Events, Theatres, Nightclubs or Vintage Fairs/Events, Staff Party Corporate Events, Birthday and Wedding Celebrations, Museums, Restaurants, Riverboat trips, Military Events, Vintage Festivals, and basically anything 'nostalgic' or 'vintage'!
- Who are your previous clients?LONDON PALLADIUM. Goodwood Revival (6 times). Twinwood Festival (nine times!!) and again this year in 2019. Vintage Hemingway (all over country). Museums all over the country including: Milton Keynes Museum, Amberley Working Museum, Brooklands Motor Museum, and many more. Brooklands Motor Museum used on regular basis for many Events. North Weald Air Museum - Vintage Events. Masonic Socities includiing Dover Masonic Society. Military Events all over the country, including: Larkhill Barracks, Aldershot Barracks and many more (1940s Events), also Military Odyssey, Kent. 1940s Events all over the country, including Rushden 1940s Events. Steam Railways all over the country, including Watercress Line, South Devon Steam Railway (5 times). Epsom Racecourse (Christmas residency at the Jockey Club of 1920s Gatsby nights). Thames Riverboat Cruises on boat 'Pride of Surrey' 1920s Events. National Trust all over the country, including: Rufford Abbey, Clumber Park, Hughenden Manor, Wimpole Estate. County Council Vintage Events including: Essex County Council, Hertfordshire County Council (First War Events). Restaurants all around the country, including REID'S of Billericay (themed Gatsby nights). Vintage Pageants including Enfield Pageant of Motoring. Private parties and Events all over England. LONDON ENGAGEMENTS: Volupte Lounge, London Regent's Ballroom London (the prestigious Downton Abbey Ball). Union Jack Club London (many Events for BBC Broadcaster Radio Four, Paddy O'Connell). Skylon Restaurant London. Savoy Hotel London with Black Cat Rhythm Orchestra With Carl Spencer's 1920s Band 'Spencer's Nighthawks' (formerly the Charleston Chasers). Hilton Olympia Hotel London. Radisson Hotel Chain London. RESIDENCY at Selfridges of Oxford Street, London. CORPORATE CLIENTS INCLUDE ........... (recent) include: Marks and Spencer PLC (Staff Event) at Jury Hotel, Milton Keynes, Tesco Head Office (staff 1920s Event) Bayswater, London. Ralph Lauren (at Goodwood Revival), Aston Martin (at Goodwood Revival). Innumerable Vintage Events, Celebrations and Parties.
- How long do you play for?Two half hour sets. Three half hour sets. Two forty-five minute sets. Short cabaret sets of 15/20 minutes. Can also 'walk about' (acoustically), with ukulele, OR can adapt sets to the client's requirements.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system which is state-of-the-art and 2,000 watts. I also have a smaller PA for more intimate venues.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will only take short breaks - maybe 15 minutes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I will try to cater for requests
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability Insurance with Equity - Performer's Union Everything is PAT tested
1. Edwardian Music Hall/First World War act (Downton Abbey act):
PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES OLD KIT BAG (Florrie Ford)
LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY (Florrie Ford)
DON'T DILLY DALLY ON THE WAY (Marie Lloyd)