Lower The Tone
Three piece Rockabilly band that plays a variety of music. We have over 100 songs and can easily play at rocking clubs and pubs. We go down very well in pubs with Upright bass, drums guitar and a selection of music through the ages that most people know. We are very aware on not playing just one type of music, though it will always sound rockabilly with our set up.
LISA MARIE REYNOLDS• 5 Oct 2018
What a great night at a the Prince of Wales in Sudbury. Fantastic rockin band, high energy and lots of fun. Danced our socks off!
Simon• 17 Mar 2018
Good lively band, play a bit of everything and not just Rockabilly.
The Duke of York - Ipswich• 15 Dec 2017
A guaranteed great night when seeing this fun band. I’ve seen them many times - every single tune they play from 50s-80s is a corker - given a rockabilly twist. My friends and I travel far and wide to watch them (and dance!) my fave live band by far - I’ve met lots of lovely people who also follow them. Great banter, great tunes played by a great bunch of guys - watch them - you’ll get what I mean- see you on the dance floor!!
Anonymous User• 20 Mar 2018
Fun band to watch
Julie• 28 Apr 2018
"Can't rave enough about this band. They are professional and very entertaining. I go to all their gigs and they always draw a crowd of followers and dancers. Everyone has a great evening.
Each gig is unique not quite sure how they manage that!!
Love em all x"
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, Clubs and private venues
- How can event planners pay for your services?cash
- How long do you play for?We play a 45min first set then have a short break. The second set is 1h+ we can continue if the crowd are up for it and we have no time constraints.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA, we do have a couple of small lights if required, we normally do not need them.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public liability insurance and all our electrical equipment is PAT tested yearly.
- How much space do you require?We can fit in a surprisingly small space but normally it's nice to have 4mx2m. The double bass is our only height restriction, but if pushed, we'll get him to play laying down. :-)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you give us enough notice and it's not a song that requires a 10piece brass band!....yes.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We normally have 1 break in between sets, that is normally at least 20mins.
- Do you just play Rockabilly?We get this question a lot. We are Neo-rockabilly. This is drums, slap bass, guitar and plays a variety of music from original 50's to now. Obviously is sounds very rock and roll because of the setup, but we do throw some surprises in. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockabilly#Rockabilly_revival:_1970.E2.80.9390
Rockin songs that are good to dance to:
Let it Roll A
Like a Wolf – A
Deathrow – A
Long Black Shiney – E
20 Flight Rock - A
Matchbox - A
Say Mama - A
Whole Lotta Shakin – C
Lil Miss Prissy – ...