I'm a versatile female solo artist, performing a range of genres and styles, but my forte is Jazz, Swing, Soul and Vintage. My style is perfect for semi-passive entertainment for champagne receptions, cocktail parties or mixers. I can provide references (corporate and private) should you require them. I also sing with the Funk Bunnies band, Loose Connections Function band and Frockstars duo, so my experience is wide and eccelctic. I use backing tracks through a full PA and provide my own equipment and insurance. I can perform anything from 30 minutes x 1 up to 30mins x 4.
Tom O’Brien• 30 Jun 2018
Laura was fantastic on the night, not only an excellent singer but she also got all the guest involved.
Just exactly what we required to make our special occasion a very memorable night.
Debbie Honeysett• 20 Oct 2018
Laura was an amazing singer and made our evening fantastic . She arrived on time and sang songs we requested . Everyone was up and dancing .
Thankyou so much Laura x
Dave Eatock• 20 Jan 2018
Jo and I had the massive pleasure of Laura singing at our wedding reception in The White Hart Hotel in Salisbury. That was on Saturday it is now Wednesday and our guests are still telling us how great she sounded and her range was awesome. We would absolutely without hesitation recommend her to others.
She would be well suited to cocktail parties, garden parties and both formal and informal events indoors or outside.
Really really great value for money, we will definitely be seein...
Sarah Slaughter-Ware• 5 Sep 2017
Laura has a beautiful and versatile vocal which she delivers effortlessly. She’s very accommodating and went out of her way to incorporate specific song choices for the party. A lovely lady who was as delightful to look at as she was to listen to xXx
- Who are your previous clients?I am part of a few different music acts, but I regularly/routinely perform for Salisbury City Council, Salisbury Business in Development, Bowood House Hotel, The Bear Inn Wilton and can provide some private references should you wish.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, festivals, Champagne receptions, Vintage markets, Vintage shows, Christmas markets, Social clubs, Wine bars, Pubs, Restaurants, Christenings, Funerals, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Family occasions, Celebrations, Mixers, Exhibits, Christmas parties.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?usually I would expect a 15-20 minute break after each half an hour/45 minute set.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?given enough time, I can always learn something new. It is fully dependent on my capability and schedule.
- How much space do you require?4 x 3m is usually comfortable but I can go more compact.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes fully insured and all equipment is New or PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I usually bring all my own PA. I can provide lighting if it is required but this may incur extra charges.
- How long do you play for?Anything from 30 mins up to 4 sets of 30 minutes. Pretty flexible.
SAMPLE JAZZ/SWING/VINTAGE SET LIST:
Mack the knife
Over the rainbow
Diamonds are a girls best friend
Gangstas paradise (vintage remake)
Oops I did it again (vintage remake)