Performing the hits of the 30s, 40s, 50s & 60s, 'Lady Goes Retro!' will delight and enchant your guests with her stunning vocals, bubbly personality and superb song selections! Influenced by legendary vocalists of the past, this talented singer possesses a rich, expressive voice that really does hark back to a bygone age! A real treat for vintage music fans and a talent not to be missed! With an extensive repertoire of golden hits from the 30s, 40s, 50s & 60s, 'Lady Goes Retro!' brings the music of yesteryear to life! She is a great choice for all kinds of events and occasions including weddings, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, ww2 themed events, corporate functions – or any other event requiring vintage themed musical entertainment!
Sara Cornforth• 26 Nov 2016
Lady Goes Retro performed at mine and my friends joint 40th on Saturday 26th November 2016. We chose to host a Hollywood themed party and wanted music that reflected this. Paula was more than happy to accommodate and catered to our every need providing us with an array of Hollywood songs from the 1930's to 1960's. It has to be said, her voice is absolutely stunning and she was very professional throughout the night. The guests were blown away by her vocals as were we, and have recommended her to...
Susan Churcher• 9 Sep 2017
Contact beforehand with Paula was timely, good humoured and helpful. She arrived in extremely good time, was gorgeously turned out and warm with our guests. Slick and professional she selected her tracks in collaboration with us, sensitively responding to guests' evident desire for the more up tempo tracks in her repertoire. Ultimately though it was the rich quality and perfect pitch of her voice that drew compliments from so many of our guests. How smugly pleased are we that we picked this act ...
Laura & Paul Gill• 4 Nov 2016
Thank you so so much for singing at our wedding on Friday! We are being overwhelmed by all of the positive comments from our guests about Paula! Everyone LOVED her! We are so sad that we were busy having pictures taken and therefore missed the set ourselves. The singer looked amazing - she knew that we were having a 1920's themed wedding so dressed in a 1920's dress to suit the theme. She was also happy to take requests from our guests and adapted her set times due to some late running. Cannot r...
Steven Lowe• 28 Aug 2016
Paula’s dulcet tones stood out over five other contenders when we set about tracking down a singer for our 40’s themed wedding reception. From our initial correspondence to her routine, Paula excelled throughout. Her singing gained plaudits from all who attended and she certainly delivered when we requested a song that at the time wasn’t part of her repertoire. She accepted the challenge and even took her time to write her own backing track. She really did deliver and made the final dance someth...
Roy & June Schofield• 1 Oct 2016
Wow - what a fantastic night, we cannot thank you enough! As we had never seen you perform before we were on tenterhooks, but as soon as you started, we knew we had made the right decision - you were brilliant, everybody commented how wonderful you were, your choice of songs, your excellent voice and your whole appearance; the internet does not do you justice. You really helped in a massive way to make our ladies night a huge success, I hope we have the pleasure of your company again. So a huge ...
- How long do you play for?My standard performance is 2 x 45 minute sets. I can also quote for a 1 x 60 minute set or 3 x 40 minute sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own professional PA system but do not supply any lighting equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. I carry PLI to the value of 10 million and my equipment is PAT tested yearly.
- How much space do you require?3m x 3m
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, ww2 themed events, corporate functions, engagement parties, vow renewals – or any other event requiring vintage themed musical entertainment!
- Who are your previous clients?Many private events clients (weddings, birthdays, anniversaries) RAF Scampton Royal Army Medical Corps Trustmarque Stoke-on-Trent City Council Omega Warrington Breast Cancer Campaign MS Society – Bury & NW Manchester Branch Atkins Global Ltd
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I do take requests for songs not already in my repertoire, but this must be agreed well in advance and is subject to sourcing a good quality backing track in the correct key. The song requested must be from the 30s to 60s era.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For the 2 x 45 minute option, a break of 15 minutes minimum to a maximum of 60 minutes.
A-Tisket, A-Tasket – Ella Fitzgerald (1938)
Bei Mir Bist Du Schön – The Andrews Sisters (1938)
Blue Moon – Various (1934)
Change Partners – Fred Astaire from 'Carefree' (1938)
Cheek To ...