Paula Marie - Vintage Singer
Performing the hits of the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s & 70s, Paula Marie will delight and enchant your guests with her stunning vocals, bubbly personality and superb song selections! Influenced by legendary vocalists of the past, this talented singer possesses a rich, expressive voice that really does hark back to a bygone age! A real treat for vintage music fans and a talent not to be missed! With an extensive repertoire of golden hits from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s & 70s, Paula Marie brings the music of yesteryear to life! She is a great choice for all kinds of events and occasions including weddings, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, ww2 / vintage themed events, afternoon tea, corporate functions – or any other event requiring vintage themed musical entertainment!
Tasmin Phillips• 21 Sep 2019
I hired Paula -Marie for my sister's hen do and I can not recommended her enough. She has a beautiful singing voice and her ability to create an amazing atmosphere is incredible. It was an absolute joy to hear her sing and it made the evening.
Susan Churcher• 9 Sep 2017
Contact beforehand with Paula was timely, good humoured and helpful. She arrived in extremely good time, was gorgeously turned out and warm with our guests. Slick and professional she selected her tracks in collaboration with us, sensitively responding to guests' evident desire for the more up tempo tracks in her repertoire. Ultimately though it was the rich quality and perfect pitch of her voice that drew compliments from so many of our guests. How smugly pleased are we that we picked this act ...
Laura & Paul Gill• 4 Nov 2016
Thank you so so much for singing at our wedding on Friday! We are being overwhelmed by all of the positive comments from our guests about Paula! Everyone LOVED her! We are so sad that we were busy having pictures taken and therefore missed the set ourselves. The singer looked amazing - she knew that we were having a 1920's themed wedding so dressed in a 1920's dress to suit the theme. She was also happy to take requests from our guests and adapted her set times due to some late running. Cannot r...
Lucy Davies - Johnnie Johnson Housing• 10 Jul 2019
Thank you so much for your wonderful music yesterday! Having you there was the icing on the cake - you created the perfect atmosphere and ambience for our special 50th anniversary celebration. Seeing our residents dancing to your music was absolutely fantastic!
Kerry Pointing• 11 May 2019
We had Paula to sing at my Mum’s 80th birthday party, this was a surprise present from all the family. Paula sang my Mum’s favourite songs from the 1940’s, which I was able to choose and she sang them in 3 sets throughout the evening. Paula looked very professional with hair, make up, clothes from the era and even a vintage 1940’s microphone to complete the look. Paula kept me informed of everything prior to the evening so it all went smoothly on the night. Paula chatted to my Mum and other gues...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, ww2 / vintage themed events, afternoon teas, corporate functions, engagement parties, vow renewals – or any other event requiring vintage themed musical entertainment!
- Who are your previous clients?Although the majority of my gigs are for private events clients (weddings, birthdays, anniversaries etc.), I have also performed for many high-profile clients including; The RAF Red Arrows, Royal Army Medical Corps., RAF Scampton, Marks & Spencer, Prince of Wales Hospice, Absolutely Cultured (formally Hull City Of Culture), University Of Central Lancashire, North Yorkshire Moors Railway, East Lancashire Railway, Castle Howard Estate, Ladies Circle, Blind Veterans UK, Age UK, Together Money, Trustmarque, Atkins Global Ltd, RIBA Enterprises, Omega Warrington, Thirsk Racecourse, Breast Cancer Campaign, MS Society, Sheffield Industrial Museums Trust, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and many more. I have also performed at many high-profile events on the 1940s and vintage circuit including; Railway in Wartime (Pickering 1940s Weekend), Woodhall Spa 40s Festival, Baston In The Blitz, Lytham 1940s Wartime Weekend, Padiham On Parade, Leburn 1940s Weekend, Festival Of Vintage at York Racecourse, Belper Steam & Vintage Event, York Steam Rally, Thorne 1940s Weekend and many more!
- How long do you play for?1 x 60 minute set 2 x 45 minute sets 3 x 40 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a range of professional PA equipment to suit all sizes of venue. I do not supply any lighting equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. I carry PLI to the value of 10 million and my equipment is PAT tested yearly.
- How much space do you require?A space of 3m x 2m is ideal for my full PA system, although I have a range of equipment to fit into even the smallest of spaces!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I do take requests for songs not already in my repertoire, but this must be agreed well in advance and is subject to sourcing a good quality backing track in the correct key. The song requested must be from the 30s to 70s era.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?For the 2 x 45 minute option, a break of 15 minutes minimum to a maximum of 60 minutes. For the 3 x 40 minute option, a break of 20 minutes minimum to a maximum of 60 minutes between both sets.
This list features most of the songs in Paula Marie's current repertoire. It is divided up into decades to assist you if planning an event based around a specific era. Christmas songs are listed separ...