Jim is a fun, professional and reliable singer and guitarist who has been playing live music for over 15 years. Jim covers a wide range of music from the 60's to today’s modern hits with a specially designed set list for your wedding or event. A DJ set can be included in your package, so there is music all night! This coupled with his live music sets really gives you everything you need for your event. With him he’ll bring his top of the range equipment to deliver a live set with excellent sound and lighting. Jim obtained his first class Degree in commercial Music in 2009 and has performed internationally for many different clients including Virgin Media and Sheraton hotels.
Jim is also available with his band Run For Cover, playing party tunes from the 60s to modern day hits!
Doug Hauser• 8 Sep 2017
I asked Jim to play for my wife's 50th up in Preston. He did a lovely job of playing for us and got the whole club dancing and singing along! Would definitely recommend him to anyone else. A lovely bloke too!
Dan• 20 Oct 2017
Jim Gibbs is a pro. Awesome voice and really knows how to get the crowd going. Would highly recommend!
- Who are your previous clients?I have been booked by many private individuals but I have previously been booked by Virgin Media, Sheraton Hotels, The RAF, Wylfa Power station to name but a few!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, house parties, anything really!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I can play for an hour and a half straight through if you like. If you book 3 sets I'd prefer to have breaks, these range from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on your event.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Ask me and I'll try to learn it! I can't play absolutely everything as sometimes some songs just don't work with just guitar and voice but I haven't been unable to do any request yet! I do need notice though!
- How much space do you require?I can fit in very small awkward spaces! I think I've managed to fit into every possible shape and size space!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I do and they're PAT tested if your venue asks for it
- How long do you play for?Normally 2 or 3 45 minute sets
2 or 3 45 minute sets is what I normally do, I can also include a DJ set to provide all the music for your event!
Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran
She's Electric - Oasis
Saw Her Standing There - Th...