Jim is a fun, professional and reliable singer and guitarist who has been playing live music for over 15 years. Jim covers a wide range of music from the 60's to today’s modern hits with a specially designed set list for your wedding or event. A DJ set can be included in your package, so there is music all night! This coupled with his live music sets really gives you everything you need for your event. With him he’ll bring his top of the range equipment to deliver a live set with excellent sound and lighting. Jim obtained his first class Degree in commercial Music in 2009 and has performed internationally for many different clients including Virgin Media and Sheraton hotels.
Jim is also available with his band Run For Cover, playing party tunes from the 60s to modern day hits!
Lisa Marie LOWERY• Oct. 4, 2019
Jim played at my 50th Party and was fantastic. Played a large range of music which all my guests thoroughly enjoyed. Would definitely book him again for any future parties
Dan• Oct. 20, 2017
Jim Gibbs is a pro. Awesome voice and really knows how to get the crowd going. Would highly recommend!
Doug Hauser• Sept. 8, 2017
I asked Jim to play for my wife's 50th up in Preston. He did a lovely job of playing for us and got the whole club dancing and singing along! Would definitely recommend him to anyone else. A lovely bloke too!
Services From Jim Gibbs
Solo Acoustic Singing Guitarist - 2 x 45 Minutes
Live Solo Acoustic & DJ - 2 x 45 Minute Sets
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, house parties, anything really!
- Who are your previous clients?I have been booked by many private individuals but I have previously been booked by Virgin Media, Sheraton Hotels, The RAF, Wylfa Power station to name but a few!
- How long do you play for?Normally 2 or 3 45 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I do and they're PAT tested if your venue asks for it
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?I can fit in very small awkward spaces! I think I've managed to fit into every possible shape and size space!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Ask me and I'll try to learn it! I can't play absolutely everything as sometimes some songs just don't work with just guitar and voice but I haven't been unable to do any request yet! I do need notice though!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I can play for an hour and a half straight through if you like. If you book 3 sets I'd prefer to have breaks, these range from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on your event.
2 or 3 45 minute sets is what I normally do, I can also include a DJ set to provide all the music for your event!
Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran
She's Electric - Oasis
Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles